Astaroth Q&A/Discussion Thread

I see nightmare and patro on the front cover, mitsurugi on the back, ezio on both front and back. where's siegfried? maybe he meant boxart in previous entries too?

Pretty sure 'cover characters' are the characters that represent the series. There's probably a better word for it.

EG Mitsu, Nightmare, Siegfried, Sothitia etc.

You know your character is in for an overpowering when they make it on the devs logo.

main_image.jpg

PS_TAKI_preview.png

250px-Nrs_logo.png

Pretty sure 'cover characters' are the characters that represent the series. There's probably a better word for it.

EG Mitsu, Nightmare, Siegfried, Sothitia etc.

You know your character is in for an overpowering when they make it on the devs logo.

main_image.jpg

PS_TAKI_preview.png

250px-Nrs_logo.png
Nightmare was not winning anything via SCIV- neither was Taki.

Anyone have setups for CH 1BB? Trying to set it up near half walls instead of just throwing it out.

I wish 66B is a mid even if it means losing the hit box for comboing from OTG 22B BE. that move is so important for moving in for a counter but it can be ducked so easily.

What do you guys do off of CH BB6? I kept accidentally getting that last night and not capitalizing on it.

What do you guys do off of CH BB6? I kept accidentally getting that last night and not capitalizing on it.
Off a CH of the second hit, you get the same followups that you get for a CH 6B, so 22K > 22B or 22K > 22B BE > A+G for the RO.

Oh ok, awesome. It just looked to me as if I didn't have the time to do a 22K, and I didn't get a chance to test it yet. Thanks for the info -

you can combo a 4B or 66K BE if you hit them with 22B against the wall.

i've also seen 2A combo on occasion midscreen, but i've never been able to figure out why. might be a certain character only combo.

what can you do out of a normal hit 22B? can you connect anything afterwords or can you set up for any tech traps?

You don't get anything. However Asta has amazing guard pressure so you'll want to either 44B, 1AA, or 22B to force a mixup. Either they'll take physical damage or guard damage. the more you're able to knock you're opponet down, the the easier the fight becomes. Eventually your opponet's gauge will be blinking in no time :)

Hey guys! So I was wondering what you guys do against people who always ducks throws? I don't like using his throws that grab people in FC, because it hasn't worked out for me yet. 66B and 6B are okay, but those don't really discourage people from ducking (or at least most of the people I've played). Is there a really good mid to use against these duckies?

You don't get anything. However Asta has amazing guard pressure so you'll want to either 44B, 1AA, or 22B to force a mixup. Either they'll take physical damage or guard damage. the more you're able to knock you're opponet down, the the easier the fight becomes. Eventually your opponet's gauge will be blinking in no time :)
it's just that 22B miss like half the time even after a successful sidestep, it's quite slow too so it's easily guarded. but it's one of the only few moves worth doing after a successful sidestep.

Back