Astaroth Vids

nice vids, i enjoyed them :) possibly the angriest astaroth ive see. ill be honest though, the sieg didn't look like much of a threat... he didn't do anything i would expect of a sieg at all and seemed to be doing all the wrong things vs. an aggresive playstyle. i know videos can really show someone in a bad light though so ill just put it down to that.

anyway post GI:
63214:a+g_b+g - they cant duck this if you're fast enough
66k - spacing/RO/wallsplat
66[k] - if they like to re-GI

thats pretty much all you need

That's why I was reluctant to put up some of these. Pyro has a very good Sieg, and it goes toe-to-toe with AuLord a lot. I was just having a good night, and he wasn't to say the least. Also, I'm forced to be this aggressive around his Siegfried because of his soul gauge pressure.

Also, the opponent has always been able to duck my 63214A+G_B+G post impact. I guess I've never input it fast enough. I'll have to try it faster. :)

Thanks for the input and reflections.

that actually plays a lot like my asta :). i enjoyed those vids too, especially the amy ones. shes one annoying bitch for asta to fight, i was annoyed for him just watching that vid!

i always felt that amy is one of those chars that can make you feel like you're losing even if you're not if that makes sense.. >.<

So is that how Asta really should be played? I ask, because, comparing my Astaroth to his, you'll see a huge difference. I feel like I'm a bit more aggressive in my style. Plus, I use a larger variety of moves. I guess I use a number of unsafe moves :)

Overall, a good Astaroth. Very simplistic, very slow-and-steady. A little over-usage of 66K IMO. I felt that in some places, he should've tried a grab instead of another bullrush, but he may have been thinking of the soul gauge.

I wish I could see how that Asta would fight an aggressive Amy, or Possession-happy Taki. Doing 66K, block, 66K may not have helped.

With Astaroth, have to know when you have the advantage, and when you are at the disadvantage, and have an understanding of your options in those situations. You can't spam out attacks with him because most of his attacks leaves him at a disadvantage(even on hit), and only a couple of attacks that do give him the advantage on either hit or block must be followed by unsafe moves for the counter hit. With his simple mixup between command throw and bullrush, your opponent must respect it, which is why in the Saitoh matches, he can run up at his opponents and "push" them forward a bit before doing anything. This is why defense is crucial with Asta, because more times than not, he needs his opponent to be at a disadvantage in order to start his offense. It's kind of like rock, scissors, paper, with command throws being rock, bullrush being scissors, and his Defensive/counter hit tools being paper.

I really don't think that i explained it correctly, but that is how is see Soul Calibur as a whole.

Definitely a good Astaroth, Papy. Nice to see someone else using the body splash. X is kind of a hard fight for Astaroth IMO. Her 44B can murder his close range game.

So is that how Asta really should be played? I ask, because, comparing my Astaroth to his, you'll see a huge difference. I feel like I'm a bit more aggressive in my style. Plus, I use a larger variety of moves. I guess I use a number of unsafe moves :).

Hmm ya think ? lol so you can admit it in here, but not out there ;) nice....

Hmm ya think ? lol so you can admit it in here, but not out there ;) nice....

Ha! I said a few unsafe moves. You made it sound like I'm the king of unsafeness (if that's even a word).

What are you doing on these Asta boards anyway? Get back to Yoshi's Island <_<

i recently picked up asta and have been finding him a lot of fun to play, after watching these videos i dont understand why none of you use 28B+G, epecially after the command throw, is there a reason you dont use it?

also on a side note im finding getting the just frames on the command throws to be really really hard, the 28B+G is easy but the command throws.....damn ...

28B+G does less damage typically, heres a break down

63214B+G 28B+G 70
63214B+G 28:B+G 75
63214B+G 22B 75
63214:B+G 28:B+G 75
63214:B+G 22B 80

So unless you are trying to push people to ring edge or you have a nearby wall handy you'll get as much or more damage by not using 28B+G

The main reason why you don't want to use it is because it whiffs a lot ! Certain characters like Amy are hard to catch. On top of that it's a risky move... if you don't pay attention at your position in the ring you might RO yourself.

On the other hand the wakeup game is great... but in that case you might prefer a good old 4, much more reliable.

Back