Astaroth's Combo (Discussion)

I just managed to get this again on Seigfried in training and it did 209 on him. I gotta say though its looking a bit iffy. 44B is supposed to be guaranteed after a CH 6K but since the patch a few peopla have said that they had it wiff against certain characters (can't remember which ones) and when done near a wall it seems even more buggy so I'm not sure on the usefulness on this one. I think doing 3A+B, 1AA is a better option than the 6K since it is 100% for sure guaranteed and only does slightly less damage.

When the opponent is very close to have his guard crushed, instead of 1AA ender I suggest 1AB.
I know that it is avoidable, but not many people expect that and if you manage to hit them and break their guard, the round is 100 % yours.
I use the same tactic in my midscreen combos with 4(B) after 22_88 B BE

speaking of GC i think we need to revise the GC combos.
I didn't take in to account the fact that your not actually in a true CH state after a GC, you just have the next hit as a CH and nothing more. so it turns out 6B, 22K, 22B~BE 66B only does 3 damage more then 66A{B} while using a 1/2 a bar, totally not worth it.

the GC moves you should use which allow 66A{B} are wsA, 66B, 6B 44{A}, 66K, 4B and 4{B}. i personally like 4{B} and wsA

even 6B, 22K, 22B~BE, 66K~BE, 2A only does 100.

noticed in the stickied combo thread CH 66B, 3B. is not a combo. techable to the sides? but definitely techable.
However... 3B, 6AA is guaranteed. 1-2 more dmg than 3B, 4B... not a big deal.

and 66(K), 22B seems to be iffy. sometimes they can tech it, sometimes its a tech trap, and sometimes it just misses completely. someone confirm.
Now, 66K BE Revenge, 22B seems to be more consistent from what I've tested.

I think the 6AA can be air controlled. for the 66(K), 22B you wanna input it so that he goes into the move as soon as he turns around rather than actually doing a sidestep and then launching. I've never had any problems with it myself but anytime he launches them straight up like that (either 66[K] or 624B+G) it tends to have weird properties when they land.

Remember back when we were trying to get a 100% combo with the big guy? Well it's impractical as hell, breakable, character dependent, possibly air controllable (not sure if being against the wall prevents the backwards AC or not), and uses 3 BEs but I finally got one. 245 on CH if by the grace of the gods you manage to pull it off.

Remember back when we were trying to get a 100% combo with the big guy? Well it's impractical as hell, breakable, character dependent, possibly air controllable (not sure if being against the wall prevents the backwards AC or not), and uses 3 BEs but I finally got one. 245 on CH if by the grace of the gods you manage to pull it off.

I'm pretty sure the crouch A grab shouldn't have hit the wall considering you can only do it twice in a normal match.

Does anything combo after a CH 6B+K? I know you can 22B after a 6[B+K] but it the knockdown is shorter on CH 6B+K. Unless training mode is effing with me again.

The first hit after a GI counts as a counter hit right? If so then I believe either 66A(B), 6B stun combo, or a CE are the best options.

how many frame advantage does GI give again? 6B is quite slow, and 66A is even slower. if they block whatever I was planning to do to them, that's probably not worth that half a bar right?

A successful hit after a GI is not counted as a CH. I believe this was discussed earlier in some thread... oh well.

Immediate:
66AB is guaranteed. Does 56DMG- but with clean hit properties, does around 64, I believe? That's going to be your best immediate GI option, as far as attacking goes.

For RO- use FC 3K. Or, for wall splat.

Another good option, especially with use of Astaroth, is grabbing. His grab range and damage allow this to be a go to option. And, the fact that throws can't be GI'd makes it even more ideal. Other good options-
66K:BE

Delay:
He's got so many options for a delay'd post GI game.
214A
44(A)
6(B+K)
4B+KB

Also, note- his CE is guaranteed post GI. With meter, this is very effective.

Anyone knows any wall combo follow up on the following moves:

-63214A+G W!
-63214A+G~BE W!
-2A+G W!
-2A+G~BE W!
-2B+G W!
-2B+G~BE W!

Back