Astaroth's Combo (Discussion)

because of how active bullrush is, you can do meaty combos with a long ranged 66K bullrush.

midscreen (from around character starting distance to max range on bullrush)
66K, 66B (60, 68 clean hit)

screen edge (non-walled ring out stages)
66K, 4B
66K, 66K (absolute max tip range)

unfortunately, it doesn't stun so you can't 3K, A or get a CH bullrush for ringouts, but damage is damage.

What's the timing on that 1BB W!>1K,A? I can't get the 1K to connect.

Found something semi-interesting. After a CH 3K,A W!>66A,B you can usually get a 1A+G_B+G afterwards (the way they fall off the wall makes it so their feet aren't towards you). Kinda inconsistent though since the computer would sometimes tech out of it, though the times that they did you can get the 2A+G_B+G instead. The only problem with this is that if they are stunned enough for the 1grab then the 2grab will wiff and vice-versa when they are able to tech out of the 1grab so it's a bit of a guessing game. I think proximity to the wall and angle may have an affect on it.

does this work with air grab A+G instead of ch 3K,A?
No, though CH 1BB will work if the angle is bad for a 3KA.

* I take that back. Though w!, 1BB w!, 66AB does work, if the angle is such that 3KA won't w! then the 1BB won't w! either. I hate how if you are angled one way they won't work but have the exact same angle in the opposite direction and it works fine.

Logic. :/

Again with the character specific 1BB but I thought this might be useful-

44[A], CE, 662/8B BE, A+G w!, 3KA w!, BB6, 662/8K, 662/8B BE, 1BB (character specific), 2A+G w!, 66K BE 250 dmg

If the angle at the end of the combo doesn't let you get the last w! in you can do the 2A+G BE for about 238 dmg. Also if you do 2B+G BE instead of the 2A+G you get just about 240 damage. In the times I landed the 2B+G BE in training it always did 239, 240 or 241 so it should almost always insta-KO them. Even if it doesn't you would only have to sneeze on them to finish them off.

Now I know what you are all thinking. "That's 250% meter, he can't do that in a match!" Well you are right about the amount of meter used but you are also wrong about it being impossible. The combo is long enough that he builds up an extra BE worth of meter by the time the combo is over so yes you can do a CE and 3 BEs in a single combo.

*It does the same amount of damage if you start with the CE and leave off the 44[A].

Damn Namco for teasing me like this. I try and try to get a regular guaranteed 100% damage combo but I always come up just short, and then they let me get it but it is with moves that don't work on everyone and breakable grab guesses. They really like to torture me.

No, just bopped them midair. 66[K]'s knockdown puts the opponent in an aerial state briefly (as does any move capable of ringing out or wallsplatting) but it hit off axis and so late in the animation that Asta was able to get an air hit BT B+K (which just sends them flying away, nothing special except an extra hit of damage).

Oh yeah that, I thought you meant the launching 66[K] at first. Is always kinda odd and tends to happen when someone thinks they've sidestepped it successfully and then they get hit with the tail end of it when they try to punish to quickly. I swear I saw one guy get hit from the 66[K] when he was behind and slightly to the side of Asta before.

hey is 1BB a good alternative for 3ka on the 2nd wall splat if the positioning doesn't let 3ka hit the wall?

also, just wondering how 1BB works on wall splat. sometimes when I do 1BB on the target when the wall the RIGHT BEHIND their back, they don't wall splat. is it random? 1BB hasn't failed when doing the 2nd wall splat though.

It depends on the angle, for some reason this game doesn't like to w! if the wall is to your character's right. So basically if the angle is too much for 3KA to w! then 1BB won't w! either.

then maybe I should just give up the 2nd filler and end it there then.

what can I do out of 6K for 2nd wall splat other than normal CH 6K options? I can't even land 44B out of wall splat 6K

why is 3A+B so hard to land as the ender of a wall combo? I am always too far from the target when I tried to do this after A+G air grab. do I have time to move closer do 3A+B before the target simply falls down?

Back