Astaroth's Combo (Discussion)

I saw this wall combo online in a lobby, but it doesn't make sense. the astaroth player was able to link a wall splt into 66A(B) for full damage, but I have no idea how that works.

I can't remember what he used to wall splat, all I remembered was that he wall splat the opponent to the right once at a medium/close range, then he did 66A(B) and it connected. he was doing it on a natsu size character who wasn't in the air.

which move can do that? I tried wr A, but it didn't give me enough time to 66A, then I tried tip range 44A, but it didn't work either.

is there any move that can actually wall combo into 66A(B) other than that 1 instance where opponent was so high in the air that korn posted?

I saw this wall combo online in a lobby, but it doesn't make sense. the astaroth player was able to link a wall splt into 66A(B) for full damage, but I have no idea how that works.

I can't remember what he used to wall splat, all I remembered was that he wall splat the opponent to the right once at a medium/close range, then he did 66A(B) and it connected. he was doing it on a natsu size character who wasn't in the air.

which move can do that? I tried wr A, but it didn't give me enough time to 66A, then I tried tip range 44A, but it didn't work either.

is there any move that can actually wall combo into 66A(B) other than that 1 instance where opponent was so high in the air that korn posted?

Wall splat with 3KA into 66A(B). 3KA works easily after air grab A+G. It's actually a part of his best meterless wall combo:

Command grab B A+G W! 3KA W! 66A(B)

no one ever showed this in any combo videos, never brought it up over 10 pages of combos and 24 pages of general discussion. I mean they even just found some new techs for nightmare, but this never got mentioned anywhere ever? it just doesn't make sense.

btw, just tried myself, lol good shit, but it seems to be angle dependent because sometimes the (B) part miss completely.

any other move that can link to 66A(B) in a wall combo?

no one ever showed this in any combo videos, never brought it up over 10 pages of combos and 24 pages of general discussion. I mean they even just found some new techs for nightmare, but this never got mentioned anywhere ever? it just doesn't make sense.

btw, just tried myself, lol good shit, but it seems to be angle dependent because sometimes the (B) part miss completely.

any other move that can link to 66A(B) in a wall combo?

There are very few players who care to learn Astaroth in depth. Hell, this is probably one of the most unused SAs on the site.

If you position yourself too close to the wall the (B) will miss sometimes. Try getting your air A+G to W! at max range for this combo to be consistent.

I can't recall any other move giving enough wall stun to allow 66A(B) to connect in time besides a raw air A+G into 66A(B)... which makes no sense to do really. lol

A max range iFC3K W! can be followed by 66A (B). I've never been able to use it game yet, but it connects.

Wall splat with 3KA into 66A(B). 3KA works easily after air grab A+G. It's actually a part of his best meterless wall combo:

Command grab B A+G W! 3KA W! 66A(B)

I don't think that is Astaroth best meterless wall combo

Command grab B (JF), little forward dash, A+G W! 3KA W! 66A(B) does 148 damage without clean hits and builds 4/5 of a meter bar;

Command grab B (JF), little forward dash, A+G W! 3KA W! B6B, 22K, 22B does 154 damage without clean hits and builds more than 1 bar of meter,

The only upside of the first combo is that it does a little bit more damage than the second if you get the clean hit on the last hit 66A(B), in that situation the damage goes up to 156.
But it's still not worthy imho.

Also, if you manage to connect a max range FC3K W! you can follow it with 66A(B) and do good damage (around 106, 115 with the last clean hit), but it is not a good choice since you can also do FC3K 3KA, B6B, 22K, 22B which does way more damage (more than 130) and builds more than one bar of meter.

A max range iFC3K W! can be followed by 66A (B). I've never been able to use it game yet, but it connects.

It's angle specific. If you are anything other than straight perpendicular to the wall then the way they fall after the 66A will make the (B) whiff. They can't get out of the way in time, mind you, the attack will just miss them while they are still falling. Now 66AB is guaranteed, and if they are still between you and the wall then you should be able to get 1A+G/B+G afterwards.

* Nevermind, I misread that as 3KA. It's still early in the morning and my eyes didn't wanna work right. Disregard.

It's like what I had posted above before I realised he was talking about a different move-
"It's angle specific. If you are anything other than straight perpendicular to the wall then the way they fall after the 66A will make the (B) whiff. They can't get out of the way in time, mind you, the attack will just miss them while they are still falling. Now 66AB is guaranteed, and if they are still between you and the wall then you should be able to get 1A+G/B+G afterwards."

When did I post this?

I don't think that is Astaroth best meterless wall combo
Agreed but it is a great finisher if you started the combo with the stun string. So-

44A, AB, 22/88K, 22/88B BE, A+G, w!, 3KA, w!, 66A(B) I don't remember the damage atm but it's pretty decent. (Then again the damage from anything Asta ever does is always pretty decent. :p)

* It does 183 dmg. Afterwards 2A+G/B+G tech traps any direction, and 4B will catch front or back.

A little wall combo I recorded using that otg 22B BE into 28B+G that we talked about a while back-
CE, 22B BE, A+G, w!, 3KA, w!, BB6, 22K, 22B BE, i28B+G - about 244 dmg
Can't believe I didn't think of this back then.

Just saw an Asta do 63214B+G → A+G W! → 1BB → B6B → 22K → 22B. Not sure how he made B6B combo but it seemed interesting.

EDIT: Nevermind, 1BB wallsplatted high enough for B6B. Didn't see the W! originally.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone is aware, but it is possible to get a PT after a BE or charged bullrush for like 117 damage. Thing is the timing is very tight. The key is buffering the G turnaround into the bullrush recovery. I was made aware of that trick by my housemate a few days ago and it helped a lot. Also helps with landing 28B+G after an OTG 22B[BE] (on those characters it works on of course).

On the point of the OTG 22B > 28B+G, thing is that if you delay the 22B slightly then it makes the 28B+G much easier to land. But does this cause it not to be guaranteed? My training mode testing suggests that at worst it is guaranteed, and it best it's a tech trap which leads to even more damage and even easier input.

If anyone has anymore insight on this it would be appreciated.

^ Yup. Was an early one (also worked in SCIV if I'm not mistaken) that once everyone knew about it they just kinda stopped talking about it.

Best combo I've found:
Command grab B, 88_22 B a+b+k, a+g, 3k,B (if you angle it properly) command grab B, 88_22 B a+b+k, a+g, 6B, 88_22 K, 88_22 B a+b+k, 28. B+g , or you can a+g, 3 a+b, 2 a+g ( brave edge if you want more damage ), 1 a+g. This leaves you available for a grab mixup if necessary.

Last edited:
Best combo I've found:
Command grab B, 88_22 B a+b+k, a+g, 3k,B (if you angle it properly) command grab B, 88_22 B a+b+k, a+g, 6B, 88_22 K, 88_22 B a+b+k, a+g, 3 a+b, 2 a+g ( brave edge if you want more damage ), 1 a+g. This leaves you available for a grab mixup if necessary. You can start this combo with a full charged bull rush instead of command grabs or even 1k, a. Reply if you need help or have something to add!

Nope

The training mode is glitched and lets you do more wall hits in a combo than you are really supposed to do. In an actual match the opponent can only hit the wall twice in one combo, after that they won't wall hit anymore but rather just fall to the ground right where they are.

Nope

The training mode is glitched and lets you do more wall hits in a combo than you are really supposed to do. In an actual match the opponent can only hit the wall twice in one combo, after that they won't wall hit anymore but rather just fall to the ground right where they are.
Thanks I was wondering why it wouldn't work in VS!

Back