Astaroth's Top Ten Lists

why would you use regular throws when both command throws are better in every single way??

Ring positioning good sir. It's better Ring Positioning options that he gains from the regular throw...there's more to it, but it's not throughly tested as of yet. Besides, you have to think outside the box to play asta. Ask GK, he knows me, and he knows i gets my creative juices flowin when i do random shit like that.

So to answer you question...that's partly it....otherwise, you can figure it out. You're a smart player.

My take on Asta ...

Core moves (moves that I use/keep in mind to use in every match)

Command throws
2K/2A
A and variations

Tools (these specialized moves are pretty good at what they do. Be careful though. Using these at the wrong time/wrong situation/recklessly WILL get Asta in trouble.

4B/4
3B/3
6AB
4A
44A
22AA
66B
22B/22B4
6B
4A+B/4[A+B]
Crouch throws
PT
6B+K
A+B
WS A
2B+K_2A+K
66A/66AB
1A+G/1B+G

Situational moves: I rarely use these moves ... in general, each move listed below is considered "bad" but is pretty good for one specific situation each.

9B+K
44B
1B
1A
WS K
3KA
22A+B/22[A+B]
9B/8K
3A+B

1)66K_66[K]-bull rush; nuff said

2)63214B+G_:B+G-can ring out either direction; can lead into e z 80 dmg combo

3)63214A+G_:A+G-cant to the above all the time; can do 68 dmg

4)22_88B_B4- best dmg follow for 2; must be blocked after 1; can start an ez 97 combo (altough I always mss the jf air throw)

5)28B+G- situational but mandatory

6)6A,B-fast, can lead to nice dmg

7)3B_-great for mind games and dmg

8)2A+K-love it

9) crouch throws- dont duck my throws bitch

10)2A-simple fast low

honorable mentions-
-1A series
-6K- i've begun to like this move less and less the more i play with ast
-3A

Hey guys, is there supposed to be a follow up to 6ab on CH?

Also, how do you guys feel about the bellow flop move that auto GIs?

Lastly, what's the better option post 634B+G? 2B B+G or 22B?

I thought the backbreaker did more damage, but I was told on XBL that 22B does more hmmmm.

Thanks

All your questions have been answered countless times on this forum already. You'll find very complete and thorough explanations after browsing it.

I dont claim to be a Asta pro whatsoever but heres my list.

28B+G somehow i always get the JF on this one.looks cool, does fkn good damage. Used after 3, 22_88 b4, 66ab and 63214B+G with my back to a wall
2A+G_B+G
2A+K 2B+G (good mixup and even if your opponent sees it comming I find they tend to try grapple break A)
44b (good for cancels and early release)
66a (relatively safe and can ground grab after)
3b
22_88b4
2a+k

and the best move in the game!
236B+K

Top 10 move list (updated and excluding throws)

These moves you will see me use in EVERY situation that i'll put you in (yes...i meant what you read)

1. A,B: Great string, NC on hit. great spacing. can be stepped towards his left (which is his weak side)

2. 22_88B: the draw command will only be used on making you whiff and punish. Otherwise, awesome pushback, safe. can be stepped, but only depending on how your opponet steps against your input. Best way to use it is when you successfully

3. 66K: nuff said, but isn't as spammable as it was in SC3 because it can be stepped.

4. 33_99K: Excellent against opponet's stepping as well as stepping against' opponets weak side. Great alternative for 66K

5. 3A+B: KD on hit, Techtrap oki, safe, push back, protects weakside. SG killer. on CH provides mix-up, RO's. is slow on startup however the rewards are excellent.

6. 3A: fast mid. Stops step. CH provides mix-ups

7. 4A+B: Cancel or not, the move is excellent. Mid, however A,A punishable. Useful in Mix-up game

8. 1[A], A: Great SG game, not as awesome as some moves, however completly safe and NC on hit.

9. 4A: high, protects weak side. KD on CH

10. 2K: Safer than 2A, however, has to be up close

honerable mention:

2A
1B
3K,A
1K, A
and more when i get home...

Back