AstralHeat.com WTF?!?

Impending_Doom66

[09] Warrior
What is the point of this website? Or better yet where is going?
I saw the shit storm on dustloop about this where it seemed like the only supporters were 8way members and some other very adamant guy. So I'm just curious of what the goal is of this site.

Dustloop has strats, match making, vids, and all are easy to find. So is AH just for online tourneys, RSVPs, and a home page? Seriously a new website was just stupid, and all it does is a fracture the community.

So is the goal of this to try to shut down dustloop? A site that has actually been recognized by the developers for it's excellence. I'm just curious.

Hmm... I think you're taking this a little too seriously. There are a lot of people from 8way that know each other and enjoy playing together, and would like to have a place to talk about BlazBlue and fighting theory with each other. The one thread on BlazBlue we had, blew the fuck up. So why not go, where everybody knows your name?
cheers-cast.jpg

I'd rather just see this stay as a Calibur site, honestly. There was a distinct need for this site when the old caliburforums were failing, and this provided a much better service. But in this case, there's nothing wrong with Dustloop, and I think that we should support them as the official BlazBlue spot.

I'm hoping Jay makes the right choice on this, we all agreed that a split community wasn't a good thing when we first started this website, but that caliburforum wasn't adequate for the community's needs. Dustloop is more than adequate, and I think he just needs to leave them be. That way there's no split in the BB community. You know how it goes, if it ain't broke.....

The one thread on BlazBlue we had, blew the fuck up. So why not go, where everybody knows your name?

To be fair, the dying of that thread happened pretty much hours after the new site went up.

imo, I agree with the general community. It's just too much of a hassle, and there's just too much going on at Dustloop and arguably SRK to warrant having to visit even more sites. Knowing people at astralheat is nice, and I have an account there for that reason, but I'd rather the community just stick in one place, and I feel that that place should be Dustloop.

This just seems more of a power trip to me because there was no need for a new BB site when there was already dustloop.

Not a power trip... it went something like this... paraphrased from memory.

KDZaster: Hey, there aren't any "good" BB websites on the net; it would be a good oppurtunity to make one.
Jaxel: I don't really think we need one, what about Dustloop?
KDZaster: Dustloop is mainly for Guilty Gear, and their community isn't that "open".
Jaxel: Fine... I like BlazBlue, so I'll make it happen...

I got enough positive responses in PMs, the post in DL and the chatroom that I went ahead and put the website up.

Dustloop is still a GG forum first and foremost. Astral Heat is solely BB. Plus most people go to more than one website for info anyway. And I find Dustloop to be a mess with the way their forum is organized. Lastly, with alot of SC4 players now playing BB, I'm all for the new site since the thread on BB blew up crazy. So mad props for starting the site Jay.

So when Tekken 6 comes out are we going to start TekkenForce.com because all the people on Tekken Zaibatsu are so mean?

Another site that mentions Blazblue?
The sky is falling!
Seriously, I love Dustloop, but it's not a crime to make another site for a game.
Mind you, I'm still not sure it was entirely alright to copy/paste the character forums, but then again, that information is meant for general knowledge. And at least there were props given to the people who wrote them.

So when Tekken 6 comes out are we going to start TekkenForce.com because all the people on Tekken Zaibatsu are so mean?
Amen. I would love this to spawn a Tekken community. If BB can get it, I don't see why Tekken can't.

TZ us unorganized and I like the feel of 8way.

Amen. I would love this to spawn a Tekken community. If BB can get it, I don't see why Tekken can't.

TZ us unorganized and I like the feel of 8way.
My problem with TZ is that it akes 49 seconds to load the forum index.

I post on here, SRK, Dustloop, and Astral.

Granted, I, too, am of the opinion that Astral wasn't needed considering Dustloop already had a well established community with people who've been playing BB for months. On top of that, Dustloop was more or less the SRK for Arc System Works games. Sure Guilty Gear was the main focus, but discussions on other ArcSys games, HnK, were held there.

Though, whatever happens, happens. I post and lurk all the forums anyway.

For me, AH was needed because I hate trying to navigate Dustloop. Plus I love this community right here, so it's good that so many are now playing BB. Plus the game is actually playable online, so get hype.

Back