ATL_R3dd vs Something_Unique

riceholic

[08] Mercenary
This is a FT10 between the two.
Purely Maxi vs Kilik

I can't speak for anybody else, but I would love to see a rematch between these two sometime in the future. Lots of good play between the both of them.
Enjoy

Thanks again rice for recording the matches.
GGs to unique as always, he outplayed me in the end...I didn't adjust to his tactics later on, and he pulled out a win. Also, there were a lot of moves I should've used against him, but ehhh I wasn't thinking right.
Afterwards I learned why I was getting hit by attacks I shouldn't have gotten hit by, but next time Unique, I promise I'm winning that FT10

So expect a rematch soon

ATL: Remember that Unique also can go learn Maxi's moves better to counter, cuz honestly you were getting away with a lot of stuff that you shouldn't have. Never mind the fact that it's online so things like RC KK is actually a theat even though offline that low kick into flip kick is super easy to block and GI the second hit. That's why I say Maxi isn't a good character, cuz once your opponent is truly familiar with Maxi, then it gets really difficult to pull out a win with him. Unique could've used Asura Dance a lot more than he did, and he NEVER ducked the K in the 4BBK series, I really hate when people let Maxi get away with that.

You played the match brilliantly though, doing a lot of nice things with Maxi. I especially like the way you were avoiding his grounded A+K and punishing with BT B+K. Still though, once he gets truly familiar with Maxi then you'll see just why this matchup is so hard.

I agree with most of what Krayzie said, except for the maxi is not a good character part :)

Something unique needs a LOT of anti maxi quick. For instance, Kilik can Asura the second hit of 4BBK etc. There's a lot more i tihnk he could've done. It's really a hard fight, Kilik gets paid for gambling. It is indeed a bad match, i have to play COMPLETELY different vs Kilik haha

I personally can almost never use LO BK unless i know it's going to CH. Neither can i do RC KK without fear.

True I was getting away with a looooot of things I shouldn't have hit on him. However, he used to punish me with Asura a long time ago. He wasn't using it as much because I used more high attacks, or attacks that would avoid it. He differently than he usually does. Before we did this FT10, we had many matches that were a close.

But we'll have a rematch soon, and I will win ;^)

when i used kilik against atl_r3dd I found it more difficult to land asura against maxi than other characters. also, maxi's 66B4 pretty much beats out kilik zoning with wsB, and i know how to fight Maxi (more now than I did when I played him), so yea it isn't THAT bad a matchup. r3dd will win the first to 10 next time, hehe

what???harder to land asura on maxi? lol Yooo maxi is a sucker for asura, since asura repels mids, it only gives me the option to either perform k, 3K, or 6A which i used a lot against him. That's why I was trying not to get 2 predictable cuz trust me, he would have asura'd my ass to death. as for the wsB, the step back kilik does can really fuck you up with you try the 66b4 when your not close enough. you'll see that happen 2 me a couple of times.

Thanks for the time taken out of your life to record the vids Riceholic

Thanks again rice for recording the matches.
GGs to unique as always, he outplayed me in the end...I didn't adjust to his tactics later on, and he pulled out a win. Also, there were a lot of moves I should've used against him, but ehhh I wasn't thinking right.
Afterwards I learned why I was getting hit by attacks I shouldn't have gotten hit by, but next time Unique, I promise I'm winning that FT10

So expect a rematch soon

GGs R3dd and a rematch is always on the table. Good luck winning a first to 10 against me.

ATL: Remember that Unique also can go learn Maxi's moves better to counter, cuz honestly you were getting away with a lot of stuff that you shouldn't have. Never mind the fact that it's online so things like RC KK is actually a theat even though offline that low kick into flip kick is super easy to block and GI the second hit. That's why I say Maxi isn't a good character, cuz once your opponent is truly familiar with Maxi, then it gets really difficult to pull out a win with him. Unique could've used Asura Dance a lot more than he did, and he NEVER ducked the K in the 4BBK series, I really hate when people let Maxi get away with that.

You played the match brilliantly though, doing a lot of nice things with Maxi. I especially like the way you were avoiding his grounded A+K and punishing with BT B+K. Still though, once he gets truly familiar with Maxi then you'll see just why this matchup is so hard.

Information like this is useful to me. I'm kind of interested in FT10 recordings now. I thought I could duck the K in the 4BBK series but wasn't sure. I'm trying not to use Asura as much anymore because of the amount of crying and bickering that's going on about the move which is far from broken other than it's strange tracking abilities because they may nerf the shit out of it in a future patch. It seems i'm getting by on actual basic fighting etiquette. Damn I can only imagine if I knew the flaws in everyone's movelist. As far as the lows go I used to be able to see them even online but ever since I have been travelling offline the transition back to online has made it difficult for me to respond to them. I'll get over this general issue soon though.

True I was getting away with a looooot of things I shouldn't have hit on him. However, he used to punish me with Asura a long time ago. He wasn't using it as much because I used more high attacks, or attacks that would avoid it. He differently than he usually does. Before we did this FT10, we had many matches that were a close.

But we'll have a rematch soon, and I will win ;^)

Yeah your right I used to punish u hard with Asura but it's not ur highs that's stopping me it's just me not trying to use the move for the reasons stated above.

General Side Notes:

I was wondering Riceholic if u wouldn't mind or anyone else recording matches of me vs. the best online players with their respective players for critquing on what I could do better vs. specific characters. It would help me prepare for future tourney's like regionals and final round (if I make it).

Also I have to agree with Krazyie here that Maxi seems like utter trash. He is extremely predictable and the main problems in these vids seem to be four problems. The lows that shouldn't be working but that's just a general issue transitioning between online and offline. 2. My misjudgement on Maxi distance. His attacks seem to have invisible hitboxes in which something that looks like it shouldn't hit ends up clipping me. 3. Kilik's inside options are so garbage that I can't even get the first attack when you finish your strings for example the clashing of my K and your mid K which happened a couple of times. 4. Apparently there is a number of ways I could respond where I didn't know how (Krazyie please show me lol)

Also I have to agree with Krazyie here that Maxi seems like utter trash. He is extremely predictable and the main problems in these vids seem to be four problems. The lows that shouldn't be working but that's just a general issue transitioning between online and offline. 2. My misjudgement on Maxi distance. His attacks seem to have invisible hitboxes in which something that looks like it shouldn't hit ends up clipping me. 3. Kilik's inside options are so garbage that I can't even get the first attack when you finish your strings for example the clashing of my K and your mid K which happened a couple of times. 4. Apparently there is a number of ways I could respond where I didn't know how (Krazyie please show me lol)

Yea, the only reason I was using the 4BBK against you is because you weren't ducking it lol...but even with krayz showing you ways to defend against maxi, I can still change it up, and at least try 2 keep you on your toes. However, this is imo one of maxi's hardest, if not, THE hardest match up for him.

I'm trying not to use Asura as much anymore because of the amount of crying and bickering that's going on about the move which is far from broken other than it's strange tracking abilities because they may nerf the shit out of it in a future patch. It seems i'm getting by on actual basic fighting etiquette. Damn I can only imagine if I knew the flaws in everyone's movelist.

Not trying to use Asura as much because of crying??!!! Fuck that shit! Dude, use the move as much as you need to. You think any Hilde players are gonna stop ringing you out every round after hearing their opponents cry about it? Hell no, and they better not cause if they don't they'll lose! You think Thugish Pond gave a flying fuck about the legions of people complaining about X cancel in SC3? People are always gonna cry about moves that are powerful, doesn't mean you should stop using them. Dude, use Asura...period! If it gets patched, oh well....you using it less now won't change the fate of that move in the future.

As far as the lows go I used to be able to see them even online but ever since I have been travelling offline the transition back to online has made it difficult for me to respond to them. I'll get over this general issue soon though.

Yeah since i'm a Maxi player myself I know when he can attempt the RC KK so it's easier for me to see even though I still eat that shit online because of lag....still though, once you get used to knowing when it's coming, try to GI the second kick. At least that forces him to change up between doing just RC K and not both kicks, and doing that is also pretty unsafe.

3. Kilik's inside options are so garbage that I can't even get the first attack when you finish your strings for example the clashing of my K and your mid K which happened a couple of times. 4. Apparently there is a number of ways I could respond where I didn't know how (Krazyie please show me lol)

That one example you are talking about is after you block the 4BBK string. If you block the K in that string Maxi is at +2 frames there....that's the reason your K kept clashing with his. Your K is 11 frames I believe maybe 12, his 3K is either 13 or 14 frames so that's why it kept clashing. Maxi's 2A can usually beat out most attacks there including that K you were doing, but fear of Asura dance probably kept ATL_Redd from using 2A much after you blocked the K. Still, you need to just duck that kick....then it's not even a mixup...you duck the K, WS B his ass and claim your damage.

Not trying to use Asura as much because of crying??!!! Fuck that shit! Dude, use the move as much as you need to. You think any Hilde players are gonna stop ringing you out every round after hearing their opponents cry about it? Hell no, and they better not cause if they don't they'll lose! You think Thugish Pond gave a flying fuck about the legions of people complaining about X cancel in SC3? People are always gonna cry about moves that are powerful, doesn't mean you should stop using them. Dude, use Asura...period! If it gets patched, oh well....you using it less now won't change the fate of that move in the future.
This man speaks nothing but truth.

Asura...
A move that AutoGI's mids, jumps lows, somehow evades some highs, tracks every which way, ring's out, and does all that damage...a must use!

Personally I think Kilik's stuns are a bigger problem.

I would love to see Unique vs OOFMATIC.

General Side Notes:

I was wondering Riceholic if u wouldn't mind or anyone else recording matches of me vs. the best online players with their respective players for critquing on what I could do better vs. specific characters. It would help me prepare for future tourney's like regionals and final round (if I make it).

-- Can't really add much since I know so little about both chars.
Either way, I say abuse the hell out of Asura. It's not such a good move that's it's broken. It's not nearly frowned upon as starting Ivy's WR B inf from prior the patch. So use it while you still can. I've already said my piece on ways to fix Asura, whether people agree or not is a different matter.

As far as recording more vids. Sure, I don't mind at all. Just let me know the time and date.

what???harder to land asura on maxi? lol Yooo maxi is a sucker for asura, since asura repels mids, it only gives me the option to either perform k, 3K, or 6A which i used a lot against him. That's why I was trying not to get 2 predictable cuz trust me, he would have asura'd my ass to death. as for the wsB, the step back kilik does can really fuck you up with you try the 66b4 when your not close enough. you'll see that happen 2 me a couple of times.
i guess so but also 66B4 beat asura a couple times, and 2k hit when i did asura once or twice. really it's just that ur anti-asura is really good, cause i did much better when i used it less. But I can see how asura can destroy maxi when maxi does any strings, but on single hits, I think Maxi can be ok against it.

Asura...
A move that AutoGI's mids, jumps lows, somehow evades some highs, tracks every which way, ring's out, and does all that damage...a must use!

Personally I think Kilik's stuns are a bigger problem.

I would love to see Unique vs OOFMATIC.

A move that does all that you named, and you think his stuns are a bigger problem............baffling.

0:55 in the very first video... that was pimp, reDD!

When you get into those GI battles, you might consider using 4[A+B] and smoke him when he whiffs the GI ;)

I've gone thru about half the videos so far, and I've not see a single 3A... I fish for CH's with that one all the time, as it leads to decent dmg from stun combos. Same with CH 22A, LI K, B+K B:B:B:A :(

Are these moves useless?

If Asuras dance did less dmg, ppl would still cry about it... that's how manly it is.

i guess so but also 66B4 beat asura a couple times, and 2k hit when i did asura once or twice. really it's just that ur anti-asura is really good, cause i did much better when i used it less. But I can see how asura can destroy maxi when maxi does any strings, but on single hits, I think Maxi can be ok against it.

I guess that is true. Lost said that with the 4BBK combo, you can asura the 2nd hit, however if I do 4BAK he's gonna eat that everytime.

A move that does all that you named, and you think his stuns are a bigger problem............baffling.

Lmaoo I was thinking the same thing

0:55 in the very first video... that was pimp, reDD!

When you get into those GI battles, you might consider using 4[A+B] and smoke him when he whiffs the GI ;)

I've gone thru about half the videos so far, and I've not see a single 3A... I fish for CH's with that one all the time, as it leads to decent dmg from stun combos. Same with CH 22A, LI K, B+K B:B:B:A :(

Are these moves useless?

If Asuras dance did less dmg, ppl would still cry about it... that's how manly it is.

True, there were a few things i should've done but I just wasn't thinking about it.

As for the 3A, i attempted that move a couple of times I think, but he beat me out of it with his wsB. As for 22A, I was just scared to try that. I mean anyone else I would've, but this is kilik and I just know he would've been able 2 punish me

I thought the same thing about X's 66A+BG in SC3. One move doesn't make a character, it's everything else plus the move.

Actually no, asura does make kilik just that threatening. If he didnt have it there'd be way less to worry about when attacking. With X your right because she had a million different things that were way too good but no, not with kilik.

Back