Attacks you may not be using enough

hotnikkelz

johNNy blaZe
Here's my list personally, feel free, to posts your lists and say why u think we should use it more.

11B
The range on this is ridiculous, it's his longest range move, hits grounded, it's TC, and the stagger makes it MUCH MUCH safer than u think regardless of what the frame data tells u. Only long ranged characters can punish it unless the bock it near a wall.
I use this on far knockdowns mostly, I've managed to minor counter with RC A vs people who think they can punish it and drop short. Surprisingly, psl4_5 works decently after this due to the stagger.
One last thing. Block this 10 times, and you get Critical Finish.

3A_3AG
3AG is safe, it's existence makes 3A safer to use. On CH, 3A is sauce as it leaves you in BL, maxi's best mixup stance. 3A tracks HEAVILY to his left, which is his weaker side. Very useful attack.

One of my favorite moves period, Mid, long ranged kick move, good vs autoGI fools. Tracks decently, has decent speed. Can ringout on CH. This move is perfect.

B+K...
Your strongest whiff punisher, learn it, master it use it. 67 dmg is no joke.

8WR left A
I love this move, cuz of it's range and potential dmg on CH. It's horizontal, a lil unsafe around -14, but who cares. The damage on CH is worth it. Even on normal hit you get good frames.

LI K
Another of my favorites. MASSIVE damage on CH, a safe mid horizontal K. This is another of one maxi's best attacks. Use it a lot if you can. I think we get carried away with LI B goodness, which is awesome as well :) LI is so so nice.

did not know 3A was safe, I'll try it out then

I still can't do his B+K string to save my life

22_88B

Steps in well, pretty safe on block due to space it leaves from your opponent, knockdown on hit.

Very useful against jumpback characters using 44B like Xianghua, and Yunsung. Also works against Kilik's jumpback move 4B+K.

6BBB

Just because you can duck/block the last hit doesn't mean this move isn't useful. This move has great mindgame setups.

Examples from my arsenal:

6B or 6BB, Throw
6B or 6BB, 3A+K
6BB, 3B RO (Mixup from there)

This setup gets them everytime.

22_88KK

The first hit is Low, and the second hit is Mid.

The opponent knows the second hit attacks Mid so he stands to block it.

Use mixups between 22_88K, Throw and 22_88KK to bring fear to your opponent.

11B is one of my favorites. I use it as an opener on people that like to step right away. also long ranged downed opps will eat it as well. It suprisingly has tracking properties as well.

WS A~K LO is something I dont see alot from from other maxi's. its visually confusing if ur not used to it, tracks nicely and is really safe +3 on block +10 on CH, and hit, Has great follow ups into stances, including psl4-5. I like to open up with on those opps that you know are going to rush you down. 3B RO A strings fall in nicely for me

I still can't do his B+K string to save my life

On B+K string. If your having trouble try mashing the right trigger (on default settings) and you will get the NON jf version everytime! the give the the BT B+K for the "wow" factor

For the jf versions try to listen to the sound of the chucks. try to do it in the rythm of the chucks moving around. the A at the end for the "wow" factor finisher, that takes work with the timing. I cant really explain it!

hope that helps

Yeah 11B is the truth. I swear, it must be deceptive, or at least to people who aren't familiar with Maxi cause it messes with everyone's spacing. Then going into RC right after it is too good. Three different options with three different distances to close in on.

I've began to use 1B more too. I don't know why, but my success with this as a poke to test the waters/interrupt/get one more hit before they fully fall is crazy. Damage is minimal but it's worth it for what it is.

I want to use aK and 236K more on Oki. I always say I'm going to, and feel I know when to apply both moves, but I always forget to :/

actually.....I also had no idea what you were talking about

your advice for B+K was somewhat helpful though, got it a few times instead of not at all XD

nikkels tends to think i speak a different language. as far as I know there are 2 ways to write the notation for a slide. most people are use the see aK, but you can also write as A~K. so i give up. check the newbie silencer you will see it there!

glad I helped on the B+K. at least something positive came out today!!

you said WS A~K

if you meant aK, it's not a WS move anyway, that's why we couldn't figure out what you meant

WS means while standing. to me only aparently. its all good im done!! there are no d-pad movements for that move!!

ok fine. you guys were right. i can see why everyone got confused. just wanted to make sure that the move was done while standing still. I didnt mean WR (while rising) how bout this........

aK is something I dont see alot from from other maxi's. its visually confusing if ur not used to it, tracks nicely and is really safe +3 on block +10 on CH, and hit, Has great follow ups into stances, including psl4-5. I like to open up with on those opps that you know are going to rush you down. 3B RO A strings fall in nicely for me.

sorry for the confusion

ok fine. you guys were right. i can see why everyone got confused. just wanted to make sure that the move was done while standing still. I didnt mean WR (while rising) how bout this........

aK is something I dont see alot from from other maxi's. its visually confusing if ur not used to it, tracks nicely and is really safe +3 on block +10 on CH, and hit, Has great follow ups into stances, including psl4-5. I like to open up with on those opps that you know are going to rush you down. 3B RO A strings fall in nicely for me.

sorry for the confusion

Don't sweat it Rod. It's the only way you'll learn. Don't let the mean JohnnyB discourage you. LOL. :P

Glad you brought up aK. I completely forgotten about that move.

sorry for the confusion

ohhhhh, i thought it was aK u meant. I'm not busting your balls, i really was confused, i'm glad i assumed the right move. You gotta get that notation down though...i'm really easily confused hahaha.
I really forget to use aK as well. It is good. I'm not mean :'(

One thing to note, the A part of RO KA is better than the data for aK. For eg Opponents can interrupt my LO B followup after blocking aK with something like 2A. HOWEVER, 2A trades with LO B after they block RO KA.

The only drawback to this attack i can see, is aK has less range and slower than 4B, that's why i forget to use it. In my mind it's like why use this when i have 4B.....which is the wrong way of thinking i think.

11B- use it all the time
B+K- heh...just check the sig
3AG- I did not know this move was safe, i'll definitely start using this a little more
aK- Hmm....

as for his 3K I abuse the hell out of that, especially after moves that give me frame advantage

And Fhwo, im not sure about the amy thing...I forget..

Back