Attacks you may not be using enough

I have discovered an awesome anti-step tool.

(... :A:+:K::4:! *dodges tomatoes, bricks, baby*)

No, not that. And I'll preface, that this tool I'm thinking of, it's only good if you call a step or guard (or step guard) rather than an attack on that beat from your opponent, BUT in those situations it lets you do anything, aligned with the opponent and close to +0. It also can advance Raphael into range of that weak area on his midrange right (just out of 3A).

The input is :K:+:G:. (see, awesome)

Done from any range farther than inside the opponent's face, the point where you can attack cancel out of Raph's K+G is on time with the speed of most character steps (if you add the 2 or 3 frames advantage you should have for an attack), and is aligned with chars that stepped at about the same time. I don't know whether to say the taunt tracks or it counts as doing nothing, but it is easier to attack compared to waiting (no G, no run) then attacking off-axis.
In my tests, if the opponent doesn't completely circle you, you don't get BT inputs, but rather treated as facing the opponent. That's the sense in which it 'tracks'. As a bonus, you won't sidestep or backdash to input 44b, 33K, 22b, or whatever.

It will lose to "wait and react", and I'm not sure how it will do to "8WR / large unbuffered input." But K+G can be G canceled, and I know the time lost there is shorter than any pensive action.

Now I back up and say these are pretty hasty conclusions, but I was eager. I've tested in "real games" (against the Edge-Master A.I. :\) and with what I can get out of the Record feature. Both imperfect but they're the best I could bring here. Any merit here? Worth exploring? Trying to beat step to make players actually try against us. You can't fault my dedication.

*~*~*~
On a completely unrelated note, once I saw Raph's 66a+bG ghost through some attack. I don't remember what attack it was, only that it was vertical, the two were point-blank, and I'm pretty sure the combatants were on axis. I don't think it's an attack that has regular ghosting glitches, either.
Still, he was the later to recover, so not really practical. And I'd agree the cancel is pointless, even against GI.

Alright kids, I have supermod powers for now so I'll let you two settle things with some civility. Either you guys take it to profiles or PMs, or I will start handing out ass kickings to both of you. You've derailed this thread enough with your petty quarrel, so get shit back on track.

And just in case Idle doesn't leave me my powers, I'll also move this information to him.

Back