Attacks you may not be using enough

8wr has different uses. aside from acess to 8wrmoves.

step only beats moves that started before or atm of the moment of step, beats more moves.
8wr beats a move always, unless this move tracks direction of 8wr.

so for example if your opponent is closing on you 8wr is a good way to limit his options. Step is safer, some people just spam it b/c it helps to limit opponents options. but 8wr is very useful, you just have to know when and why.

Also just keep in mind that consecutive steps (8~G, 8~G, 8~G) are extremely bad against advancing opp. (but you can react to dash) b/c start up of step is 5 frames. so what happens with each 8~G = 5 frames of vulnerability, 6 frames of step, 1 frame of G. where 8wr is all frames = step.

In my gameplay, there has always been a huge difference between 8WR and step. To say "8WR all frames = step" is inaccurate. They are two different things, whereas, amounst other small details, true Step is much more effective in evading than run, which is obvious in the visable quick hitbox displacement.

As playing Raph as a main, it's quite clear that those who Step~G (not saying you should do that over and over, ever - if you do, you're being scrubby) do better than those who 8WR against me - by a huge margin.

That's my 2 cents but I'm broke so I'll have to pay you back later.

step only beats moves that started before or atm of the moment of step, beats more moves.
8wr beats a move always, unless this move tracks direction of 8wr.

yes..it seems that way. Several times i've hit the opponant (say 8K for positive frames) then i stepped, and ate a CH BB (or other non tracking mid).

But... maxi's 6A can be stepped (not his 4A though..so i should use more 4AB~LOB) for maxi

Ok just to build up on this 8wr vs step thing
3 on block~prepBB must be stepped ASAP, which leads to certain options.

3B on block (-14).. a 2nd 3B will be a must block against step-guard, and will trade(ish) with most step-8wr punish moves.
3B on block, followed by a 6BBB will CH most step-8wr punishes (such as a rival raph's 33KB).

a 2nd 3B can be evaded by step into 8wayrun or just natural 8wayrun, but the frames on 3~SEA B will catch that.
the SEA B is a must guard for step-guard, and it'll just push them away (or u can enter prep)

3B on block, followed by 6A will force block step-guard (non crouching of course) ,and will CH 8WR and step into 8wr on raph's left.

3 on block.. followed by empty prep into grab, will beat a single step-guard, but it can be beaten by a 2nd step (has to be in the opposite direction of the first step after blocking 3)

Since i didnt' organize this very well.. he does have pretty good options for either prep entry or being neutral -14 (..where some verts will realign against step guard)

raphs singe A gets 2 thumbs up

-2 on grd

+4 on hit

+6 on CH

yes plz

66B and and 236B tech trap off of it

raphs singe A gets 2 thumbs up

-2 on grd

+4 on hit

+6 on CH

yes plz

66B and and 236B tech trap off of it

I figured out 236B... It's kinda lame, and as someone told me, you'r better off with 2A+B, also a techtrap.

i like 4A it gets me out of mix ups

if you see a mix up coming 4A will most likely get out of it

same with 44B

The move i rarely see anyone ever using is 33_99B its a good quick low that can set up some moves and also a quick and easy way to finish a match

Juece, Trolt uses that move well. I mix it in but I don't have his skill with it. Raphael's throw it in but yeah it's not like a "every match" move like 3B or 44B

4A you just can't ever use from neutral. it's unsafe on block and like -4/-5 on hit too.....so yeah, it's useful, but situational.

Anyone find much use outta SEA K? It's high, unsafe on block, not much range, they usually BLOCK or STEP SEA crapp anyway, so....I'm curious if anyone's REALISTICALLY making use of it. I know the master combo's possible off it, but how often is it actually going to hit? SEA A/B Track to opposite sides, but SEA K doesn't track shit.

The move i rarely see anyone ever using is 33_99B its a good quick low that can set up some moves and also a quick and easy way to finish a match

I love that shit at max range. Why -wouldn't- you use it lol.

I wish there was something I could do when backturned in prep (since it happens sometimes) besides SEA/SEB and hope for the best. I guess I could just do a prep B since that recovers faster.

66K. I don't use this move at all. Should I?

I wouldn't think so, though the animation may be deceiving since it looks like a total 360......

Also piggy, that fact that u'll BBB:B every BT prep to run the hell away...LOL!!!.......the shit Raphael has to do to not get his ass handed to him.....this is insane.

66K. I don't use this move at all. Should I?
I use it just because it's funny to knock people so far back. XD 1A is gauranteed on hit, for like 36 dmg or something. I need to check if there are any tech traps off of it.

Back