Automotive Help

motor-gm-chevrolet-v8-454-big-block-74-litros_MLB-O-2808151002_062012.jpg

[media]

I built this one...you didnt!! Haha. So once again...SUCK IT!!!

@talim jp. Thanx a bunch buddy. I miss the post of you coming to cali. Hope i didnt miss you. Exciting things coming soon. Stay tuned

Woa!

Solo: Chevy big block; more shiniy than my jewelry and I can eat off it!

HRD: Came to LA and now back in JP.
Was with family so didn't have any free time to do much else.
Now gotta lose all that mexican food and burger weight I gained...

Hey my '70 Squire had a 390 (not OHC, and regular gas, haha). 270 HP stock.
I love the 427s, and Bigfoot is rad (BTW, haha).

image.jpg
image.jpg

Ok kids, been awhile but got something rather exciting in the shop today.

Here we are looking at the engine block, piston and crankshaft out of a 1967 lamborghini 400gt. One of only a small handful left in the world. Car has been featured on Jay Leno's Garage website as the only lambo that has 250k miles on it. Yup thats right this guy DRIVES this car daily!! Hats off to him.

Just thought Id share!! Enjoy. Any questions let me know.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 206
HRD was looking for advice. I had to replace head gasket on 04 2.5l sentra spec v. The head was slightly warped (reason for leak) so had it decked. Reinstalled everything and now car won't start. It turns over but no go. Check new plugs and its not getting spark to plug. Any suggestions? Thanks

Could be a few things. Thats an interference engine. Which means if the timing belt isnt lined up right, pistons will bend valves. Make sure all your marks are 100% perfect!! If timing marks arent lined up right and you did indeed bend valves, i believe the ecm will figure that out and cut the spark off. I could be wrong on that.

If you got a compression gauge, i highly recommend doind a compression test, pretty easy to do. You should have pretty even compression in all cylinders. And if you have a chlinder that differs drastically from the others, you have bent valves. Start pulling the head off.

Basically start with basics after that. If your compression is good and you are 100% positive your marks are good, stop thinking about complicated stuff. Make sure you didnt forget to plug something in, make sure everything is hooked up and going to the right places. Does it have gas in the tank? Does the fuel pump kick on when you turn the key? Start doing "the process of elimination" thing.

I do this shit all the time. I get so wrapped up in torquing things and adjusting valves and re-routing wiring harnesses that i go back and realize, "SHIT!! Forgot to plug in the coil!"

If that dont work lemme know. We can move on from there

Has gas, timing is good, fuel pump is singing. I will run a compression test and see what happens.

Do you think a can sensor could be culprit?

I say can sensor as I've heard these things are notorious for failing on this particular vehicle. Just wasn't sure if that would cause it to not get fire to plugs.

What would you recommended as a good averaged priced code scanner I can purchase?

The cam sensor would for sure make an engine not get spark. There are ways to test it but require a multi-meter to do so. Other than that a scanner would tell you if the cam sensor (or any sensor for that matter) is working or not.

Scanners are pretty expensive. Ive seen ones that cost bout $50 and you can use your smart phone to read it. But it basically only reads codes.

Big boy scanners not only read codes but can run various system tests and cool "while driving" data. Pretty good if you do this for a living but a decent one of those can run $500 for a cheap one thats worth a shit.

Holy crap...did i necro the fuck out of this thead or what? LOL sorry

Think the pics are upside down (?) but they do look nice.

Was wonderin how you and the new place are doin.

Back