Bagazstormy CaS Documentation! Recreating OCs my 12 year-old self made 8 years ago.

bagazstormy

[08] Mercenary
Soulcalibur V was released 8 years ago in 2012. Back then, my 12-year-old self was always fascinated by the extensive Character Creation system introduced in the game that offers more options than Soulcalibur III and Soulcalibur Broken Destiny (never played Soulcalibur IV lol). But as you may expect from a little kid who just barely graduated from elementary, I had zero understanding of what a "good design" looks like. I didn't have the creativity to manipulate equipment, patterns, and stickers to produce a good creation. I would sometime just mismatch random equipment and see what sticks, name the character, and feel proud of myself. Looking back, I'm pretty sure none of my OCs could be considered a "good design".

Soulcalibur VI was released in 2018. I turned 20 this year and somewhat has a grasp of what can be considered a "good design". I decided to try recreating and maybe improved the OCs I made as a 12-year-old with SCV using SCVI's Creation. Thought 8wayrun would be a good place to document them all and may act as entertainment to many of you.

Disclaimer, I am by no means a good character designer and my skills with CaS is definitely amateurish when compared to many users in this forum, but hey, I tried lol.

Last edited:
1. NOIR
First up, we have this chap over here. I called him "Noir"
Noir.png
I have a very vague memory of making him based on a very obscure character from a very obscure anime, but I can't remember which anime it was. His design is basically the stereotypical edgy, dark-cladded, white-haired, shonen anime character. I think what came through my mind when I made him is that "All Black = Cool", so what I did is throw in some clothing on him and the recolor all of them black. The white patterns in his outfit is the moon sticker recolored white.

This is my attempt of redesigning Noir in Soulcalibur VI
noir.png

Noir1.jpg

Noir2.jpg

Noir3.jpg

Noir4.jpg
I decided to keep his basic "monochrome-y" design intact. He's called Noir after all. Would be ridiculous if his main color scheme isn't black. I gave him more white and silver accents, as well as more metallic equipment to make his clothing look less bland and exhibit a more "armored" look.

It's not really visible in the screenshots I took but he retains the white crescent moon sticker design on his robe. The design is more visible from the back. I added them to make his outfit less crowded and less focused on the front side, while also retaining elements of his original design. Also decided to make it symmetrical this time around cause I think it looks better than the asymmetrical design I gave him in SCV.

Kinda hoping that half faceplate he has in SCV will return as equipment in SCVI. It may add more "flavor" to his facial area, which I think is still rather bland currently.

Last edited:
2. SAKI
Next up, we have this lovely warrior, Saki
Saki.png
I think the concept I thought of when making Saki is to make a character similar to Sango from InuYasha. A badass warrior lady that isn't afraid of splattering enemies blood all over her armor and weapon and will charge into the battlefield to fight head-on. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the equipment I gave her in SCV is mostly the "Ashigaru" set, unaltered and not recolored. Little me thought it looked nice on her and felt satisfied with the result.

This is my attempt of redesigning Saki in Soulcalibur VI
saki.png

Saki1.jpg

Saki2.jpg

Saki3.jpg

Saki4.jpg
I feel like her base design is already good enough with small rooms for improvements here and there. Sadly, most of her SCV equipment is unavailable to use in SCVI so I opt to recreate it with other equipment, which in turn gave me more freedom in redesigning her.

I gave her long sleeves this time. Thought that would be preferable for a warrior rather than just letting her arms bare. I found a way to emulate the "faceguard" (don't know the proper term for it) but decided to go with a simple headband to give her a more "honorable look". I also found that the Enlightened One's Fauld matches quite well with her breastplate. The white sash also contributes to her "honorable look".

Last edited:
3. Nawaki
On to the next character, this one is related to the previous one. We have Nawaki
Nawaki (1).png
I'm pretty sure I made Nawaki back then as being Saki's more laid back younger brother. If one to make a comparisson, he's like the Xiba to Saki's Kilik, or the Seong Mi-na to Saki's Hwang. I didn't know how I came up with the above design. A part of me is confident that I stumbled upon it when generating equipment at random, and the game happened to make a good match.

This is my attempt of redesigning Nawaki in Soulcalibur VI
nawaki.png

Nawaki1.jpg

Nawaki2.jpg

Nawaki3.jpg

Nawaki4.jpg
Now, Nawaki is supposed to be of Asian descent just like Saki. The thing with his original design is that it doesn't represent his ethnicity AT ALL. He's wearing armored pauldrons, grieves, and a studded collar FFS. I decided to overhaul his design and give him new equipment to better represent his background. The only thing that remained from his original look is the Warrior Vest. I exchanged the cotton shirt for the sleeveless Noble Garment to further emphasized his laid back nature when compared to Saki. I also gave him the short Cropped Pants and it meshes nicely with the Sword Demon undergarments, making it look as if his pants are strapped onto his boots.

I also decided to make him less armored as he used Kilik's rod-style which involves a lot of acrobatic movements. The Steel Pauldrons kinda stands out as being a little bit too "western" but I think it looks just fine on him and works well to give him at least a little armor.

4. Lilith
For the fourth character, we have Lilith
screencapture-vignette-wikia-nocookie-net-soulcalibur-images-7-7e-Lilith-png-revision-latest-2...png
I'm pretty sure this one is my shameless attempt to make a rip off character based on Lili from Tekken. A cute, ojousama type female character that doesn't really fight that well but still able to kick your ass when she wants to. Pyrrha's moveset works pretty well on her in that regard. Viola's dress is basically the main focus of her design.

This is my attempt of redesigning Lilith in Soulcalibur VI
lilith.png

Lilith1.jpg

Lilith2.jpg

Lilith3.jpg

Lilith4.jpg
I really hate how she shows so much unnecessary skin in her original design, so what I'm going for with her new design is to make a more modest, rougher outfit, yet, still able to accentuate her cuteness and femininity.

I LOVE how Tira's SCV leotard and SCVI's skirt are able to mesh so well to make a one-piece dress. The skirt rugged look is also able to add a little "roughness" to her overall look. It contributes to my attempt of showing her as this upper-class young lady who isn't afraid to get her hands dirty when the time calls for it. I also darkened her color scheme a bit to make her less "squeaky clean". The pink accents on her belt, boots, as well as the flowers on the Seong Shawl, adds to that desired cute and feminine look

SCVI doesn't have that hat she wore in SCV. I considered giving her the Small Hat but settled for a self-made Sun Hat, made out of a turtle shell and an apple!

very clever, man! i like how you did the trick for your Lilith's hat!

and for Nawaki, he look like he could be Hwang's distant relative! Noble Garment does not conflict with that jacket.. look awesome!

very clever, man! i like how you did the trick for your Lilith's hat!

and for Nawaki, he look like he could be Hwang's distant relative! Noble Garment does not conflict with that jacket.. look awesome!
Thanks for the kind words! It took a few tries to manipulate the turtle shell to get the shape I wanted. I also didn't realize we have a ball now in the extra equipment section so maybe that can be a better alternative for the apple.

5. Bakari
For the next character, we have Bakari.
screencapture-vignette-wikia-nocookie-net-soulcalibur-images-c-c9-Lafiyette-png-revision-lates...png
I think I designed him when I discovered that the War Bonnet headgear match quite well with the plague doctor mask to create a "bird helm". Lore wise. he's supposed to be an Ancient Egyptian zombie, not unlike a mummy, only with fewer bandages. I think he's one of the few OCs my 12-year-old self made that actually has a good design if I do say so myself. Voldo's ridiculous fighting style suits his undead persona quite well.

This is my attempt of redesigning Bakari in Soulcalibur VI
bakari.png

Bakari1.jpg

Bakari2.jpg

Bakari3.jpg

Bakari4.jpg
Most of the equipment he used in SCV is unavailable in SCVI so I took a lot of creative liberty with this one. His new design is mildly inspired by one of the tribal zombies in Resident Evil 5. I made him show as much skin as possible as well as recoloring his skin ashen to show that he's a walking corpse and is rotting from the inside. The Destruction Fauld is the most Ancient Egyptian looking hip equipment I found and it also has fur as some sort of homage to the furs in the original design.

SCVI also doesn't have a plague doctor mask, but I'm quite proud of the hand-made version I made using the Smith Goggles and the Allegiance Mandible. The beak also has a bit of design on it so that's kinda cool.

6. Shizuku
On to the next character, we have Shizuku
screencapture-vignette-wikia-nocookie-net-soulcalibur-images-a-ac-Shizuku-png-revision-latest-...png
I didn't know why I made this lady or how I came up with her design, so I came up with one as I tried to make her in SCVI. She's a genki village teenager kunoichi who likes to enjoy life and chill out but won't hesitate to slit your throat if you messed with her, kinda like Ibuki from Street Fighter. In tv tropes term, she's like the Blue Oni to Saki's Red Oni.

This is my attempt of redesigning Shizuku in Soulcalibur VI
shizuku.png

Shizuku1.jpg

Shizuku2.jpg

Shizuku3.jpg

Shizuku4.jpg
I really like her original simplistic design and red-white color scheme so I decided to not change it drastically. I based her design on the Japanese miko but with more "tomboyish" elements. Her gears are pretty much identical to the ones she had on SCV, with me adding some patterns to simulate a rougher texture. The only addition is the sleeves. The Ceremonial Sleeves match quite well with her upper body equipment and it covers the flappy sleeves of the Shrine Maiden Clothes. Figured that a kunoichi might prefer tighter sleeves in combat rather than flappy ones.

I also darkened her hair quite a lot though it's still notably red. For some reason, it didn't occur to my 12-year-old self that Japanese people (or people of Asian ethnicity in general for that matter) have naturally dark hair.

1. NOIR
First up, we have this chap over here. I called him "Noir"
I have a very vague memory of making him based on a very obscure character from a very obscure anime, but I can't remember which anime it was. His design is basically the stereotypical edgy, dark-cladded, white-haired, shonen anime character. I think what came through my mind when I made him is that "All Black = Cool", so what I did is throw in some clothing on him and the recolor all of them black. The white patterns in his outfit is the moon sticker recolored white.

This is my attempt of redesigning Noir in Soulcalibur VI
I decided to keep his basic "monochrome-y" design intact. He's called Noir after all. Would be ridiculous if his main color scheme isn't black. I gave him more white and silver accents, as well as more metallic equipment to make his clothing look less bland and exhibit a more "armored" look.

It's not really visible in the screenshots I took but he retains the white crescent moon sticker design on his robe. The design is more visible from the back. I added them to make his outfit less crowded and less focused on the front side, while also retaining elements of his original design. Also decided to make it symmetrical this time around cause I think it looks better than the asymmetrical design I gave him in SCV.

Kinda hoping that half faceplate he has in SCV will return as equipment in SCVI. It may add more "flavor" to his facial area, which I think is still rather bland currently.
What pattern is that on his back? or is it a sticker?

7. Greggory
Next up, we have a swashbuckling pirate, arrrr. This guy is called Greggory
screencapture-vignette-wikia-nocookie-net-soulcalibur-images-9-96-Szymonxcvdgf-png-revision-la...png
I'm 100% certain that all of his equipment is the default setting if you select the Pirate Set, with the hat being exchanged for Cervantes' Hat and the coat recolored red. I can't remember why I put a distinctively Asian dragon design on his distinctively western coat or why I stick a freaking cogwheel on his left thigh lol. The best thing I can remember is that it may be my attempt to give him ornaments of some sort. Pirates (fantasy ones that is) do tend to have a lot of thing going on on their belt area so I think that was my intention.

Also probably a coincidence but when I look at this guy now he reminds me a bit of Shanks from One Piece. He even has red hair and everything.

This is my attempt of redesigning Greggory in Soulcalibur VI
greggory.png

Greggory1.jpg

Greggory2.jpg

Greggory3.jpg

Greggory4.jpg
I like his base rogue-like shirtless coat design. Feels like something a pirate captain would wear. Gave him chest hair for extra manliness. I considered keeping his color scheme solely red and gold but decided to add some purple to give him a more "regal" look as he is a "king" to his crew, fitting for someone who robs treasures out of ships. The tattered cloth on the Warlock Pauldrons really adds to that rogueish feel that I want his design to convey.

I experimented with the hips-cogwheel to try to emulate the one in his original design and see if it actually looks great on him. I decided that it looks great as an ornament even though it makes zero sense as an item of clothing lol. If that's a crime then I'm guilty as charge lmao I don't care.

Last edited:
8. Adrianna
The next character is also related to the previous one. This is Adrianna
screencapture-vignette-wikia-nocookie-net-soulcalibur-images-8-81-Ria-png-revision-latest-2020...png
Adrianna is basically the Amy to Greggory's Raphael. She's her "clone-daughter". Like her dad, she's also a roguish pirate. I remember the reason why I gave her the black and white stripes design is to emulate the design of a prison outfit because she's a criminal and that's the most criminal looking clothing little me was able to think of. The white patch on her hair makes me think of a goth. Probably an unintended intention cause back then I just thought it looked edgy and cool.

This is my attempt of redesigning Adrianna in Soulcalibur VI
adrianna.png

Ria1.jpg

Ria2.jpg

Ria3.jpg

Ria4.jpg
Again, like Nawaki from the previous post, this girl is supposed to be a pirate, but her design doesn't convey that at all. I decided to keep her original appearance intact as the base and then add stuff on top of it to make her look more pirate-y. My intention with the new design is to make her outfit look like a more feminine version of her father's outfit, but still distinct enough to make it her own. It's a good thing that the female CaS have their own unique pirate hat. Gave her the same coat that Greggory wears but I retain its original color to make it distinct. I also think it blends quite nicely with her original clothes underneath.

Random thought but I really like how her coat keeps clipping with her legs in these screenshots. It makes it look like the coat is torn and holey which kinda adds to that rogue look I'm going lol.

9. Phaerus
Next up, we have a satyr/faun called Phaerus!
screencapture-vignette-wikia-nocookie-net-soulcalibur-images-c-c0-Phareus64-png-revision-lates...png
His equipment is a rather simple one. A sleeveless unitard, a centurion armor, horse legs, and twisty horns. I gave him Maxi's style because it involves a lot of kicking, but also his goat skull nunchucks fits pretty well for a goat-man to use.

I'm still pretty upset that we don't have furry horse pants yet to complement the horse legs. Satyrs and fauns are goats from the waist down while the horse legs only reached up to just below the thigh. I'm pretty sure there's a logistic modeling reason for this, but still. They could've given it as a customization option for the outcast race to make them more than just bunny boys/girls.

This is my attempt of redesigning Phaerus in Soulcalibur VI
phaerus.png

Phaerus1.jpg

Phaerus2.jpg

Phaerus3.jpg

Phaerus4.jpg
Satyrs and Fauns are Greco-roman myth creatures. While I feel like the Centurian Armor kinda reflects that already, I decided to make his appearance more "wild-looking". I used Kilik's robe because it kinda looks like a greek chiton (more than the actual chiton in the upper body equipment list imo lol). Gave it patterns and tried to emulate his original color scheme as much as possible. It ends up looking like it's made out of rags which is pretty nice as far as wild looks go.

I gave him Cervantes' ragged pants for additional wild look and to show his legs as much as possible. The skull gauntlets are just there because I thought it looked badass and it kinda looks like a goat skull lmao.

10. Raquelle
Moving on, we have this angelic lady, Raquelle.
screencapture-vignette-wikia-nocookie-net-soulcalibur-images-1-1d-Raquelle-png-revision-latest...png
I cross-checked it, her equipment is basically the Valkyrie set without the helmet. In exchange, she used Elysium's mask. The pattern on her body seems to be the wings sticker.

Sadly, as of the time this post was posted, Viola's fighting style is not available in Soulcalibur VI, so I gave her Azwel's style instead. Here's hoping PS came up with some mumbo jumbo to somehow bring the orb fighting style into the roster, whether it's with Viola or with a new character, just so I can recreate Raquelle properly.

This is my attempt of redesigning Raquelle in Soulcalibur VI
raquelle.png

Soul Calibur VI Super-Resolution 2020.08.27 - 23.27.09.86.jpg

Soul Calibur VI Super-Resolution 2020.08.27 - 23.41.32.61.jpg

Soul Calibur VI Super-Resolution 2020.08.27 - 23.45.37.61.jpg

Soul Calibur VI Super-Resolution 2020.08.27 - 23.49.57.90.jpg
Again like some other female characters in this thread, I don't like the fact that she showed so much unnecessary skin, so I opt for a more sexy armor look. I tried to use more diverse equipment to make up her armor. While her gauntlets and greaves are still the Valkyrie set, I gave her the Seraph armor and the Holy Knight pauldrons, the latter kinda look like wings which added to her angelic look.

God bless whoever designed that pocket sticker because it's very versatile as an option to emulate clothing. I used three pocket stickers to emulate her armor. Without it, she's basically wearing nothing. The helmet is pretty easy to emulate with the Valkyrie helmet and the heart, and I'm pretty sure others have made an Elysium CaS with a similar method.

Another interesting thing to note, Asuka's pants don't conflict with the Valkyrie Greaves. With the right patterns, you can make it look like strapped armored pants.

Υοur creations are really cool and I really like the way that you redesign your original characters from SoulCalibur V to VI! Keep it up my friend!

Another interesting thing to note, Asuka's pants don't conflict with the Valkyrie Greaves. With the right patterns, you can make it look like strapped armored pants.

cool! i will try it on my future female CAS! as well Female Regular Characters such as Xinghua and Setsuka

Back