Ban Hilde

Ban Hilde.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oof- same here. I am not going to quit. I love the game and it's history too much and enjoy the mind games too much to quit. I play the characters I want, and I am not afraid to take on a Hilde, Algol, Kilik, Yoda or anyone else with them.

I think a lot of players are like us, and a lot of these whiners are hot headed and quick to judge. People can change and opinions can change, live with shit until facts get undeniably PROVEN to ruin shit.

cha cha

You lost my respect months ago as well. My flamewar with you is over

I just realised why you annoy me so much. It must be my innability to deal with new things that you told me about. I hope for your sake we never meet.

Wow. This is like 2003 and 2005 all over again.

For me, I am always overseas, waiting for over a year to actually play people in this game, and when I come back, everyone stops playing for one thing or another. Oh well, my bad luck shouldn't be ya'll problem, so I'll just have to put the future of the game in y'all hands yet again. The price I pay for serving my country.

At least someone in Texas will play this game, since it seems like everyone else in the country won't after Nats....

Really, its the re-launching of C2BB that leads to the ring-out combos. C3B still has a valid combo from B+K 4A+B.

Of course, banning a move probably won't be feasible. It's just better to say, that players should not use C2BB to relaunch after C3A or 44K combos.

C2BB, C2AA is still a legit combo. But C2BB, C3A (or 44K), C2BB, C2AA would not be.

Likewise C3B, C3A or 44K is fine. But connecting with C2BB after is not. Assume that C2BB cannot re-launch a juggled opponent.

She is beatable, but it isnt fun.

I have plenty of fun fighting against Hilde. Playing her makes my over all defense rise to a new level and makes me react a lot better. Use her as tool to get better....

But Besides that, I think that Rigel still has a great idea with the stage selection, why haven't we talked about it more? Oh and Cha I wish more people would come to the same conclusion that you did about fighting Hilde. I did and I agree with everything that you said and I agree about just waiting.

P.S. Congrats Cedric

OK just to shut this stage selection thing down... it's ridiculous.

Basically what you will be doing is giving every character with a great wall game a huge advantage, and nerf Hilde's ring out. Why should I get an out of game disadvantage (stage select rules ONLY for her) for choosing a character? That's complete bullshit.

If you want to do something like this then you better make this a game where we all play in cage stages only. Hell we can also ban side stepping and pretend it's a 2d game as well while we're at it.

As for how to say her name, I'm under the impression that it is "Hild-uh". Her full name is Hildegard von Krone, so the most logical way to say it is Hild-uh I believe.

[TAKE THAT! Edit] http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hildegard

Hild-uh is the correct way. Gotta rep my german half and get people to say this correctly :)

OK just to shut this stage selection thing down... it's ridiculous.

Basically what you will be doing is giving every character with a great wall game a huge advantage, and nerf Hilde's ring out. Why should I get an out of game disadvantage (stage select rules ONLY for her) for choosing a character? That's complete bullshit.

If you want to do something like this then you better make this a game where we all play in cage stages only. Hell we can also ban side stepping and pretend it's a 2d game as well while we're at it.

As for how to say her name, I'm under the impression that it is "Hild-uh". Her full name is Hildegard von Krone, so the most logical way to say it is Hild-uh I believe.

[TAKE THAT! Edit] http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hildegard

Hild-uh is the correct way. Gotta rep my german half and get people to say this correctly :)

hmm good point about the stage selection I had not thought of that...
and I was just about to make a similar comment about how to say her name, Hild-uh would be the only logical choice because of her full name.

I have a Hilde player whom I fight against constantly, I also have played many more Hilde's, many of the names already discussed. The conclusion I came to was:

- I have to be careful approaching her Take the proper opportunities to rush her down
- play a heavy throw-laiden mind game (so she has to anticipate and crouch or do a TC move, because of charging)
- use a lot of moves that force crouch on block (limiting her options and forcing her to time a charge release for easy GI)
- Counter pick if the player adapts to your initial tactics. My Rock and Mina have a good ratio against Hilde, limiting her, and playing a ranged game where her backstep/whiff punish can't always save her. Or just throw out a character I know the player to be weak against (when did we stop doing this?). Sometimes you just have to learn to play the player, not the character.

Yea, she gets her BS Ring out victories at times (ok...a lot) against me off a random whiff or the TC/GI luckily timed against a high I throw out, but you know what? So does Kilik, so does Asta, so does Nightmare. The fact that Hilde has 'the easiest' time doing it, is quite aggravating, but if you get rid of her, it's just gonna be a lot more Kilik, Asta and whoever else has the best options to an easy victory. It doesn't begin or end with Hilde. A lot of characters have good shit, what is making you angry is that hers is so 'brainless'. You and I both know you can deal with it better.

ALL I AM ASKING, is that we give it a little more time. The game isn't going anywhere, and neither is this community, those who 'rage quit' from this arguing, will come back after a patch or any other number of things going down. I don't think we have much to lose from letting Hilde stay, everyone really scrutinizes counters and ways to deal with her, and AFTER some more major tournaments go down, see if she really is degenerating the skill level and variety in this game. I don't think she deserves it yet, and all I go off is I am capable of beating her, and I'm not as good as a lot of the names floating around arguing here.

cha cha

Triple self quotes are the new hotness. C WUT I DID HERE?

namco only patches stuff if it's overly abused, since this game has no arcade version yet, the best place now is from local tournaments and online, yes abuse her as much as possible, when people start making noises or start leaving, then there might be a possibility that she'll be patch.

I recall there are a few people here that lives in Japan or are from japan, so how's the japan community scene regarding Hilde?

If Hilde is so godly of a character why don't people just unban the other chars. For all we know they could be the key to shutting her down. You never know till you try. Yoda is banned for retarded reasons. Same with Algol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back