Ban xianghua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponge

[09] Warrior
Seriously, ban her. I hate 5 move X players that rely on cheese, safe spamable moves and unreactable lows, as does the rest of the community.

If we don't ban her, she will ruin competitive sc2 play, and the only character played at tournaments will be Xianghuas.

oh... wait... this was SC2.. where the only players were people who played fighting games. there were no console scrubs on the forums, there was no online play to make randoms think they were awesome. And no banned characters.

Except Necrid, but no one knows why he was banned.

A-yup.

Although, to be fair, I def. remember console scrubs sneaking onto soulcalibur.com. It wasn't quite in the droves it is now though. :)

Oh, and funny story, top 3 at probably the last big Cannes? Voldo, NM, Sophie/Cassie. Go figure.

You were fortunate enough to avoid the GC SC2 Link users, then. According to them, Link is plenty viable (Even ignoring the fact that he's banned), and the only reason he's low tier is because tier makers don't know how to use him.

Please stop acting like SC2 was the end all. I have no idea what community you were a part of but there were console scrubs in droves. I was one of them, we were there.

yeah, some came and went, but their biased and uninformed opinions went ignored for the most part. Not to mention there were FAR less, because they got the game, played it with some friends till they got bored, and moved on. There was no online E-peen competition to keep it thriving like it will here.

As far as I am concerned, SC2 WAS the end all. Sure it is only my opinion, but i believe it to be the most balanced and competitive of the series. It certainly lasted longer competitively, and had a lot less arguments over what should and shouldn't be banned.

I say keep Xianghua. If she's playable in the game, that's how the developers intended. I don't give a fuck abuot balance and all that BS.

As far as I am concerned, SC2 WAS the end all. Sure it is only my opinion, but i believe it to be the most balanced and competitive of the series. It certainly lasted longer competitively, and had a lot less arguments over what should and shouldn't be banned.

SCII was good times, especially compared with what we have now with SCIII and IV.

Except Necrid, but no one knows why he was banned.

Same reason we're banning shit now. People felt like it. Necrid being banned wasn't any different from what's going on now. The console specific bans were warranted then because of the cost required to prepare for all 3 characters, but now the cost to prepare for a console specific character is 5 bucks.

Necrid = Algol. Same shit, same ban mentality. We thought he was stupid, so we banned him.

Same reason we're banning shit now. People felt like it. Necrid being banned wasn't any different from what's going on now. The console specific bans were warranted then because of the cost required to prepare for all 3 characters, but now the cost to prepare for a console specific character is 5 bucks.

Necrid = Algol. Same shit, same ban mentality. We thought he was stupid, so we banned him.

Wasn't Necrid just every character's good moves + one crappy unblockable?

then again, i'm no necrid master

Wasn't Necrid just every character's good moves + one crappy unblockable?

then again, i'm no necrid master

He had some good moves from other characters, with different properties I'm pretty sure. He wasn't near broke though, putting him in top 5 would be debatable. Putting him above X and Sophie would just make you sound like an idiot.

He got banned because people didn't like him, and were comfortable enough in their elitism not to question his banning. And whenever someone came along asking why he was banned, it was a lot of stfu n00b directed at him. This is not new for the SC community.

He had some good moves from other characters, with different properties I'm pretty sure. He wasn't near broke though, putting him in top 5 would be debatable. Putting him above X and Sophie would just make you sound like an idiot.

He got banned because people didn't like him, and were comfortable enough in their elitism not to question his banning. And whenever someone came along asking why he was banned, it was a lot of stfu n00b directed at him. This is not new for the SC community.

Necrid was one of my favorite, fast, and a mixture of all characters now you can't beat that. Still back on topic i say keep Xianghua.

Vints, would you rather have Assassin, or no Hwang moveset at all? :<

My only Link memory of SC2 was XCTU's "How to Play Link" guide, lol

A-yup.

Although, to be fair, I def. remember console scrubs sneaking onto soulcalibur.com. It wasn't quite in the droves it is now though. :)

Guilty as charged. I completely sucked during SCIIs life. I am only mediocre in SC3 due to lack of competition. But now I am ready to hang with the big boys. Gas prices are good right now so I can travel to play me some SC and GG. Of coarse now I have to relear step again for SC4 because when I tried it at a friends house I failed and got hit by Sigurd 236B and almost died in shame. Please namco just keep it as double tap from now on. Such things are too horrific to happen in this world.

Speaking of which anyone ever do Sigurds earth divide in Soul Edge? That is just funny. You could complete a part time job and eat some scones with friends before the animation finishes.

Why? X is easy for me to beat with Night. Seriously what's with all the "ban this ban that" crap? Soon people will want to ban a character for being easy to use oh wait they already are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back