Ban xianghua

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm no don't ban her. I used to think she was kinda cheap, but thats before I knew her moves/ tried her in training. Shes not a cheap character who should be banned...I can't believe someone even brought this up

Just curious, what exactly was the tiering like in SC2? I never really knew.

SC2 tiering is pretty debateable because everyone is really really good in SC2, except Yun. You still put SC2 Yun in SC4 and he'd be a beast, lol.

I'd say like...

A Tier
X/Yoshi/Cervy/Assassin/Ivy

B Tier
The rest of the cast except...

C Tier
Yunsung

A - X and Sophie
B - Tons of niggas
C - Yunsung

Oh and if we count console exclusive Hei was like SS tier.

Sadly, I was such a scrub I can't tell if you're joking about heihachi or not, haha. Lord knows he *SEEMED* god awful to me, but for all I know you're actually being serious, sad face.

Also I find it funny that Yunsung was so bad. Not saying I don't believe it, it's just I find it funny. Before SC II came out on consoles, which is when I seriously got into the game (I wasn't good, don't get me wrong, it's just when I seriously started playing it a lot) but, before then, I used to go to the arcade everyday on my lunchbreak from the bookstore and play.

Anybody who knows me knows I can *NOT* use a joystick to save my life. I could never do well at any arcade fighting game.

None the less, I spent 5 bucks a day playing SCII against people in the arcade and got beat literally 100% of the time ((I.E. I never won a single match even after weeks of playing))....except for when I started playing Yunsung. And then I started wrecking people.

Sporko, he's being serious... Heihachi had HELL SWEEPS... in Soulcalibur... fucking shenanigans.

Heihachi also had a pretty funny glitch on his 9KK. If you blocked the high you couldn't block the low. GG betatesting.

You could jump the low though. Your only option once blocking the high. Imagine if jumping sucked in that game like it does in SC4- You wouldn't even have been able to do that. :V

wait crow you told me lizardman was like almost as bad as yun

why would this be i mean didn't he have an unbreakable command grab

also where would necrid fit into this? you were telling me before that he shouldn't have been banned, i would like to hear a more in-depth explanation

wait crow you told me lizardman was like almost as bad as yun

why would this be i mean didn't he have an unbreakable command grab

also where would necrid fit into this? you were telling me before that he shouldn't have been banned, i would like to hear a more in-depth explanation

Lizardman was really, really unsafe in SC2 (even his damn BB was unsafe, like -14 i think, it was free high damage for Sophie) and he had very, very, very little that the sisters couldn't do better. The command grab was his only way of making you duck since 1K kind of blew back then and he didn't have much else outside of 2K to rush down with (his safe close range pressure was 4B/2K/2A/Throw/etc.) In hindsight he had all you really needed to win (but so did everyone- you don't realize how good you have it until it's taken away) The command grab DID NOT do much damage compared to his other grabs and you know how bad his throw range is now? It was worse in SC2. You had to be right in someone's damn face to grab them and unless you're pressing with adv. in that game, you really didn't want to be there, and in a game with AG/RG it's probably even harder to get there anyways to land the grab.

But on the flipside BB did way more damage then anyone else's in the game (save Yun's JF B:B), he still had wavedash, good step, good range, and a really solid post-GI game. He just took more risks then other characters had to and generally had to guess right more times then others.

I'd have to play Necrid again to talk about him, lol. That was a character that I didn't really play a lot because I didn't really like him all that much, I mostly just posted stuff on soulcalibur.com and used that as a bookmark anytime I needed to refer to it. Annnd... that's all gone. Necrid had some solid stuff- launchers that lead to about 70 damage (lifebars were 241 in that game though, keep in mind), kB2 for pressure, solid anti-step game. I'm pretty sure he didn't really have much of a way to make you duck, and a lot of his best stuff was CH only.

Man some people thought he was serious lol.

I just played SCII the other day. Man that was an amazing game. I wish I played it back then =(.

This thread makes me sad. I mained (And still do main) Yunsung, untill they started allowing assassin in the tourneys, then I switched over. The difference was night and day. Screw you Namco, either make Yun not suck, or put Hwang back in the game =(

Also, lol at all the people who don't actually read the thread then post their "WHAT DONT BAN X OMG STOP THE HATE!!" nonsense

Same reason we're banning shit now. People felt like it. Necrid being banned wasn't any different from what's going on now. The console specific bans were warranted then because of the cost required to prepare for all 3 characters, but now the cost to prepare for a console specific character is 5 bucks.

Necrid = Algol. Same shit, same ban mentality. We thought he was stupid, so we banned him.

I thought we banned Necrid because Todd McFartland sucks.

As a Xianghua fan/player, I'm saying "no" to the ban hammer. People should just learn to adapt and train instead of whining about her being "OP," which she isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back