Basic Q&A Thread

Random question: Loving the game so far, but am having a problem when I try to sidestep (not the normal sidestep, but the one when trails of wind follow your character, forgot what it's called :P ). The problem is that I use a normal PS3 joystick, it works fine when I try it with the D-Pad, but it seems like I can never do it with the normal analog stick. Any tips on how to do this? Or do people use the d-pad for this move?

Thanks, and sorry for the noob question :P
the input should be the exact same. we cant TELL you how to use an analog, you have to built up the simple reaction to do it.
Though Quick Step puts you at a HUGE disadvantage so dont overuse it. unless you know a B attack is coming.

the input should be the exact same. we cant TELL you how to use an analog, you have to built up the simple reaction to do it.
Though Quick Step puts you at a HUGE disadvantage so dont overuse it. unless you know a B attack is coming.

Fair enough.

But why does it put you at a disadvantage? I actually thought that to get better at the game, you have to Quick Step frequently :P

And thanks for the reply.

You can't block until it ends fully. Earlier SC games (stupidly) had much safer movement, so series veterans get caught out where they're not used to there - happens to all of us, lol. It is necessary, like anything else, but knowing when to use it is the key.

Fair enough.

But why does it put you at a disadvantage? I actually thought that to get better at the game, you have to Quick Step frequently :P

And thanks for the reply.
Pretty much every mechanic has a direct counter in this game. So a quick step might beat verticals, but loses to horizontals just as bad. The disadvantage comes from a horizontal attack while you are quick stepping.

To get better at the game you'll have to adapt to your opponent. That might mean using quick step frequently or hardly at all.

One question I've been wondering about SCV. How many frames are added to a WR move when doing it as a iWR? It seems to add more than SCIV did (1). If it is 1 frame and I'm just being tricked mentally then I'll continue to use iWRB instead of 3B whenever possible because of the speed advantage (iWRB would be i17 versus 3B being i18), better TC, and more damage.

Question:
How do you get such great pics of your chars in the CaS threads? All I can do is take horrible pics that (In the popular comments of YouTube) look like they were taken with a Potato. (I have a job, just no money to get an HD camera. So I was wondering, do you hook your Xbox to your comp?

Question:
How do you get such great pics of your chars in the CaS threads? All I can do is take horrible pics that (In the popular comments of YouTube) look like they were taken with a Potato. (I have a job, just no money to get an HD camera. So I was wondering, do you hook your Xbox to your comp?

PS3 user's can screencap their games. Most other people just have nice cameras.

Analog seems easier to perform sliding inputs (i.e. 236B/236236B).

Dpad makes me step better and for everything else. But that's my input.

Question about the site: anyone know the requirements for leveling up on the site...ex 01 Neophyte, 04 Fighter, and so on?

Question about the site: anyone know the requirements for leveling up on the site...ex 01 Neophyte, 04 Fighter, and so on?
Solo is correct, but let me go into a bit more detail...

You can gain trophy points on this site by completing certain actions (i.e. 1 post, 30 posts, 100 posts, 1000 posts).
Or you can get trophy points for likes: (1 like, 25 likes, 100 likes, 250 likes, 500 likes, 1000 likes, 2000 likes).
Finally, you can gain points by just being a member of 8wayrun for 1 year, 2 years and 3 years.

I see, I didn't know if it was mainly based on posts or points...points i guess, but the posts help. Thanks.

Back