Basic Q&A Thread

Ah, now I understand what's going on when opponents get up. Going to start implementing that throw break technique too. Thank you very much for the detailed response!

Question: When someone says "~" I now know that means it is a transition. But what does LI mean? Everyone says LI A BE (something into a into brave edge).

I'm super new to this scene, and every guide on frame data is confusing me. Maybe it's because it's late, but anyway, can somebody explain the notation to me like I'm 5? Also, any tips on getting timing for Just hits down would be much appreciated.

Im Sorry If I Sound Totally Dumb And "Noobish" But What Does The Number Terminology Mean Like When Someone Says 1A or 236B Sorry If The Question has Already Been Asked.

Im Sorry If I Sound Totally Dumb And "Noobish" But What Does The Number Terminology Mean Like When Someone Says 1A or 236B Sorry If The Question has Already Been Asked.
The numbers are an easier way to refer to directions. 1 is backdown, 2 is down, 3 is forwarddown, etc. There is a wiki page here that explains all the input notations.

quite possibly the dumbest question of all time, but im new so gimme a break

how to i hurt someone who is ducking alot or ducking and blocking simultaneously? (i play natsu and viola if that matters)

quite possibly the dumbest question of all time, but im new so gimme a break

how to i hurt someone who is ducking alot or ducking and blocking simultaneously? (i play natsu and viola if that matters)
By doing a mid attack...

thanks guys, i know it was a bad bad baddie question, just trying to learn the game mechanics

anyway thanks for taking pity on a noob

I didn't know where to ask this but what is the absolute best way to backdash that covers the most ground the quickest? 44~44(etc.) 214,214(etc.) 8wr mode(I know this isn't it) or 4~4~4? I'm using Nightmare if that matters.

Back