Bear's Zwei Guide

I wouldn't mind getting a list of all the string's that put you at +. A good example would be 4[A] 66B+K putting you at +6.

I wouldn't mind getting a list of all the string's that put you at +. A good example would be 4[A] 66B+K putting you at +6.

If you mean + on block?
[A] = +2
4[A] = +8
4[A](max), 4KB, EIN = +7
4[A](max), 66B+K, EIN = +8~BT
{B} = +2
1{B} = +3
1{B}(max), 3A, EIN = +18
1{B}(max), 22*88A, EIN = +1
1{B}(max), KF A, EIN = +1
1{B}(EIN)K(perfect DL) = -10~+26
1K{BE} = +8
B+K{BE}, AA, EIN = +17
B+K{BE}, 6A, EIN = +24
B+K{BE}, 3A, EIN = +18
B+K{BE}, BB, EIN = +14
B+K{BE}, 1K, EIN = +15
B+K{BE}, B+K, BB(miss timing), EIN = +28
B+K{BE}, 44A, EIN = +10
B+K{BE}, 66B, EIN = +21 (not reliable)
B+K{BE}, 11*77K, EIN = +0
B+K{BE}, 66B+K, EIN = +2~BT
B+K{BE}, KF A, EIN = +0
6B+KA(no cahrge, 3H) = +0
6B+KB(no charge), 3H) = +9
66*33*99A{BE} = +30
33*99B{BE}(all 3 EIN hits) = +19
44*11*77B = +13
66A+B = +6
66[A+B], 1K, EIN = +7
66[A+B], 33*99K, EIN = +13
[B+G](max charge, 2H) = +20
KF B = +5

I had to use "{x}" for B commands so it doesn't turn everything bold...

Awesome thank you so much,

Had a thought, Are there any strings that dont put you in positive but you are left at 0 `~ -6?

also, is there any difference between B+K BE and [B+K] BE on paper?

In the very beginning of the guide section I included his frame data in an excel spreadsheet sort of deal, I hope you can see it, its very important and I spent a lot of time on it. But in case you can't >
Strings +0~-6 (on Grd):
AA/ 3AA/ 2A/ FC 2A/ JUMP A/ BT 2A/ BB/ 6B/ BT B+K
6B+KA(no charge, 3H) = +0
B+K{BE}, 11*77A, EIN = -1
B+K{BE}, 11*77K, EIN = +0
B+K{BE}, KF A, EIN = +0
And JUMP K is -7 on Grd...

The only difference between B+K{BE} and [B+K]{BE} is the held version hits 20 frames later at i104 after activation, as opposed to i84 for the non-held version. Releasing the command early has no effect on EIN's speed, after holding the command for a certain amount of time EIN always hits at i104. I found no reason to use the held version other than a guaranteed 1A after [B+K]{BE}, KF B, EIN, but the tech traps are much better from the non-held setup. If held, all setups are easier to escape generally and can be dealt with, although you can use the held version to fool someone used to the normal timing whom probably doesn't exist, I don't see anyone worrying about B+K{BE}'s timing that much...
*note I get to use the word "whom"...

Ive referenced the frame data quite a bit, dont worry im using it. It's just nice to have these things seperated out.

I will put this info to good use.

This is the biggest character specific guide I seen. I have seen a lot of guides usually people put in a lot of fillers and words that hint towards doing something or just give one a general idea. But this Zwei guide is awesome all the numbers and notattions do the talking and it works. Will be using this if I ever pick him up as an actual character.

Indeed. I really appreciate the effort you put into this.
Though I have a question. What does the (f) mean? Sorry if it's a noob question lol.

Indeed. I really appreciate the effort you put into this.
Though I have a question. What does the (f) mean? Sorry if it's a noob question lol.

Not at all, the (c)/ (m)/ (f) all stand for ranges, close/ mid/ far ranges... Sometimes I forget myself, ha?

Alright the attachment is my guide section, I will have matchups added at a later date seperately. I don't think you can read the file if you don't have Acrobat. Enjoy the guide, represent Zwei!
update!
I've added a punishment and shenanigans section, I've separated the discussion section (it was going to take a while anyway), hope you're all satisfied with this. The discussion section will be uploaded on a later date.

Great effort. But how much of that can you actually put in a match? If you're on PSN, mind if we have some matches? they don't have to be mirrors, my Hilde will do just fine.

Great effort. But how much of that can you actually put in a match? If you're on PSN, mind if we have some matches? they don't have to be mirrors, my Hilde will do just fine.

I'm on XBL I don't own a PS3, sorry dude...
Use as much as you can really, thats what it's for, to show what you can do given the situation...

I finally took the time to check out your guide Bear. Good shit mang.
So many pretty numbers everywhere.

One thing for certain, this guide had lots of work put into it and that I compliment.
However when making a guide you must consider what info is known, what else is done for this character.
If you do a guide that doesnt have anything new to offer either in terms of content or in terms of design - your effort is in vain.
I doubt anyone who's been posting so far really took a look at this guide, b/c of how many numbers there are. But it doesnt seem a lot of use to me.
There is two files here, the guide itself and the punishment(matchup) guide.

Match up guide is pretty bleak, acutally. The only option offered there is block punishment. Just take a look at my Mitsu MU chart which was basically done in first month of the game and you'd realize I'd expect more in half a year after release.
Even more most of those is so obvious, that I dont understand why'd you go through a chore to put this together. Anyone with a frame data open can do this w/o much effort.
Once again it might have been decent were it to come in a month after game's release , now - you at least need to add more details, most of stuff you listed can be punished better if you step or JG etc.

The guide consists of ten sections:
1) Framedata
2) Frametraps
3) Range Chart
4) Tracking
5) Combo
6) Wakeup
7) Guard damage
8) position if your move is JG'd
9) EIN taunt???
10) Frame traps

I'll give you a quick feedback on each
1) Available on demand via Wiki, lets assume its printable version, but I'd put that separately, more convinient
2) Most important traps here are 4A] and 1B] which are completely lacking, since frame adv is so different. Frame traps section doesnt cover even half of it and even more so you're missing on many stuff that is actually in my guide, which you had to work with, if for completeness sake.
3) Some explanation is due, how do you suggest to use it? You introduce a variable but give us no tool to work with it. Why is it here? Why do we need it? What does it even mean? - all questions are unanswered. Do you mean if move cover 1 dash you can throw it out to beat backdash? but wait! its too slow, which disadv am sposed to? etc etc etc. One more thing, all chars backdash and hitbox is different. What hits pyrrha cannot hit nightmare, but even the lamest moves ever hit astaroth.
4) is good
5-7) i didnt look at , since its been awhile and most combos are posted already
8) Another endless list of numbers, which im not sure is really needed, considering a wiki framedata that has it all listed...
9) Same as 3) - i dont get wtf is this
10) Same as 2 - some stuff is missing, which is published elsewhere.

Im not trying to diss u, but instead to encourage u to work on your mistakes. This guide as is is pretty much incomprehensible, which is a waste, considering how much work is put in there.

Back