Best of PSN (PSN matchfinder)

Amy players don't spam safe moves. All her lows are unsafe on block, and all of her safe on block moves that people usually spam are unsafe vs. step guard. 3B is still spammable to some degree, but it's not that hard to step and you still have to mix it up cause if you only do 3B, it's pretty punishable on block. You play her just outside of her 1A range and step guard at that distance, step duck within 1A range, then close the gap to do a mixup. She's still overpowered tho. Shinji, I'll play you with Sophie next time we play...

whoa look at this shitstorm I started lol...

WARUI_NE --- in the post I clearly stated Sets and nightmare are my co-mains... Dest plays offline with only one person?

Dest -- On that second section of your reply... I know it's not what you said, it is what I was originally saying... And you can switch Amy for Hilde in that example, same result... I was just tryin to switch it up a little...

And yea I'm just as much of an online player as you are... I know all of the differences of this game from online to offline, since I play both... I think in your post you said you haven't been to any tournaments, which I also have done... Yea they werel local tournies but the comp was good none the less...

Oh and also don't change around my words please... I said nothing about execution being equal to skill... All I'm saying is with a character like sets there is more work to do for your wins...

Your going to DEV? Shit I hope you improved from that youtube set against lobo I saw..

Thuggish_Pond -- I'm not saying that you aren't skilled... I'm sure you're more skilled than me... Who knows maybe if you mained tira you'd still be winning... Do you think you would win as much if you mained tira?

I agree with NDK on the whole players win matches not the character quote....but i believe that if their are two players that are extremely skilled and one uses Amy and the other uses any other low tier character that Amy would win because she is a "better" character overall because she has more tools and the player is also good.

lol even though i made that joke diss about thuggish pond the truth of the matter is just because someone uses a high tier character doesnt mean it doesnt take skill to use the character he is obviously good because like Krayzie said he WINS!

oh and i dont agree with the offline/online arguement i think that if an online player started playing offline they would do just as well and that they would obviously block low more its common sense...who wouldnt? nobodys stupid here they will adapt.

And in agreement with tukk offline players do talk down on online players as if they were lesser people...personally i hate that ignorance, they act as if like i said an online player couldnt adapt offline...it could even make them better cause they would be able to do the shit that they cant online it would probly just take a little time...ok you play offline "big fucking deal" nobody thinks your special because of that, your just another fellow player so get your head out of your ass and play the fucking game BITCH! my apologies to the offline players who are NOT assholes. we are a group of people who love and enjoy the game does it really make you any better that you play offline? FUCK NO! just because you go to tournys doesnt mean that you like the game any more than strictly online players..

holy good god damn. tukk didn't like our shitfaced youtube videos? :( next time before we record i will take into consideration that some random scrub from XBL might be judging me before i take that fifteenth shot.

seriously, though, i just read no less that a dozen posts that made my eyes bleed and my brain melt.

to save everyone some some time and effort i will answer your questions for you and then i am going to redirect anything else in this MASSIVE derailment to where it needs to be.

1: krayziecd is full of shit. he is a monster. he will destroy.
2: amy can be beaten so STFU and quit being a scrub and learn the matchup.
3: setsuka is hella good and JF spam and punish and yadda yadda yadda.
4: thuggish_pond would still own all of us if we forced him to play rock. it is called YOMI.
5: hilde and algol are gay and stupid and fuck them.
6: it isn't about fucking blocking lows. ROFL. online only players ARE IN FACT STRAIGHT UP GARBAGE at this game. you can enjoy it all you want. bottom line is that you cannot possibly understand fundamental basics of punishment and step and CH confirmation and ALL KINDS OF SHIT. they are worlds apart. there are kids out there who love this game sooooo much that they dress like the characters and talk about the story with their friends at school...and guess what...they are complete garbage. loving the shit out of the game and playing a completely different version of the game will never ever be enough to earn you the title of "not a scrub".

i am still the best of psn. :P

now can we PLEEEEEEEEASE get back to matchfinding?

<.<

>.>

Lobo: "Hey guys, you all know this is a MASSIVE derailment of this thread, but I'm gonna go ahead and post my opinion on the subject anyway and be a shining example to all. But it's ok, once I get sick of this discussion I'll use my mod powerz to delete/move all the offending posts."

LOL

Amy players don't spam safe moves. All her lows are unsafe on block, and all of her safe on block moves that people usually spam are unsafe vs. step guard. 3B is still spammable to some degree, but it's not that hard to step and you still have to mix it up cause if you only do 3B, it's pretty punishable on block. You play her just outside of her 1A range and step guard at that distance, step duck within 1A range, then close the gap to do a mixup. She's still overpowered tho. Shinji, I'll play you with Sophie next time we play...

Alright, I'll test out my new Yoshi on you as well... when shall we do this?

Lobo does it matter if the person is garbage if their enjoying the game? you dont have to be good to enjoy the game thats all im saying, i could care less about playing offline, i have before but nothing too big im just saying that its a video game and that it is meant for enjoyment..i dont like the fact that others are shunned just because they play online the makers of the game gave it an online mode for people to ENJOY themselves thats all im saying.

ghostman everyone is entitled to enjoy the game as they see fit, and as a community we support all facets of the game, BUT it is very very insulting when you are given advice or condescending tips from players far far less experienced or skilled than you are. the animosity for online only players is not that they play online, hell almost all of us do; it is that they cannot see or understand the different level required for offline nor the closer community formed by real life face to face relationships between players. it is really a slap in the face for those of us players who put their time with family and days off work toward travelling, who open their homes up to virtual strangers to ease expenses, who put savings money, gas money, equipment and most importantly passion and effort toward making an offline community. these things go right over the heads of online only players, and for that, yes. yes we sure the fuck can call them garbage.

think about it this way...if you REALLY REALLY like nascar, and you spend all day every day driving your '78 pinto in circles around grandpa's farm...after enough time doing circles, would you be able to compare yourself to kyle busch? maybe give him advice and racing tips?...i rest my case.

<.<

>.>

Lobo: "Hey guys, you all know this is a MASSIVE derailment of this thread, but I'm gonna go ahead and post my opinion on the subject anyway and be a shining example to all. But it's ok, once I get sick of this discussion I'll use my mod powerz to delete/move all the offending posts."

LOL

ah! you hit the nail right on the head! sooooooooooo...end of discussion?

awesome!

enkindu you are on, sir! LETS DO THIS>

As a general rule with most online games, if you play online heavily, you will crush the majority of players who only play people offline, even if they play offline a whole lot. SC4 breaks that rule, pretty disappointing.

ya Shinji, pretty much any day is fine, as long as it's at my house, not yours or RTD's.

I just wanna reiterate that I'm not hating the on the players themselves, I'm hating on characters like Amy/Hilde and how they dumb down the game. Anyway, I just wanna say a few more things:

1.) It's not true that all online players are trash. Maybe not on the same level as the top 4 or so that win tournaments, but definitely not trash. We have a lot of good players who originally came from online, Woahhzz, SU, Scud to name a few.

2.) Do people really not see any differences between these videos:

....and these?:

I really really wish I could blot out people's names, but I'm just trying to show what it takes to win with some characters vs. others. No disrespect to the players themselves. If anything it's smart to pick a top tier. Are Hilde/Amy beatable? Of course, but look at how much you have to outplay them to win...

3.) Somebody said something to the effect of "Well if Amy is so broke, shouldn't more people be winning with her?" The thing is that we only have about 20 serious offline players left in the whole nation, and when you boil that down to Amy players, you get what, 4 people? And only two of them, Thugish and DK, actually go to tournaments. And both of them do extremely well. I mean come on, DK is obviously solid in his own right, but as soon as he picked up Amy he instantly "leveled up"? I don't think so.

Again, like I said in an earlier post...I'm sure RTD and Thugish are very smart, otherwise they wouldn't be winning, shoot even Aris said that RTD was one of the greatest players he ever met, but from a spectator point of view, the characters they play just doesn't make it look right.

-Noface

>.> HD T.V. h8er........ Well tomorrow or Thursday will be good for me, give Rob a call and see when he can make it, I'll need some professional challenge before DEV XD Sword let us go to DEV in your new car :) it'll be only a 24 hour drive in your ride, fast cars FTW!

Oh I am so sorry but if you defending Amy's brainlessness you freaking brainless yourself. People bringing up Sets, I am just going to ignore that.

Amy is easy, hell so is Voldo, very easy characters to pick up learn and win, nothing fancy here just do what everyone does.

I am defending Kilik, because Kilik dorminated the scene for a minute, when people didn't know how to approach Asura. If you can direct me to the number of Kilik players that are successful offline, you would see Kura and SU.

Why
He isn't brainless, please bring your Asura or Fotd spammy Kilik to a tournament and lets see you win it.

I can defend Thugish all day...but Amy? Are you kidding me?

oh and i dont agree with the offline/online arguement i think that if an online player started playing offline they would do just as well and that they would obviously block low more its common sense...who wouldnt? nobodys stupid here they will adapt.

it's not about lows, it's about reading the opponent, stepping, frames and punishing. Can't do that online so they wouldnt know. Also most of all, their crappy offensive game wouldn't work because they can't use their favorite lows or ignore frames.

it's not about lows, it's about reading the opponent, stepping, frames and punishing. Can't do that online so they wouldnt know. Also most of all, their crappy offensive game wouldn't work because they can't use their favorite lows or ignore frames.

yeah i see what u mean but if an online player decided to play offline and looked at frames and worked on everything you said your telling me they couldnt be good???

ya that'll work, and I'd go to DEV if there was a way to where I could pay next to nothing to get there, and me driving there would cost $$$, 16mpg. I'm spending my money on costa rica instead...
I don't really see why Voldo's name keeps getting tossed around so much...he's a regular character, just CF's well, and isn't that easy to use *looks at Astaroth*.

Ghostman, you could say the same thing about a complete noob who's never played the game before. Good online players all have potential...

DK is obviously solid in his own right, but as soon as he picked up Amy he instantly "leveled up"? I don't think so.
DK was placing very high (or winning) tournaments in SC3 with X. Most X players went to Amy. And if you say high tiers are boring to watch, you are obviously new to tournaments. EVERY game has mostly high tier chars in the final 8. Also, when this game was very popular, EVERYBODY was using Amy and getting cheap wins. Top players beat the scrubby amys, but there are a few out there who are pretty good. When you place high in a tourney, you start looking at top 8 a little different when you are out or waiting or simply just viewing it. Top tier alone doesn't win tournaments, but mind fucking people does. And nobody is good enough to pick up Rock and go through a whole tourney and win. If nobody has done it in 2 years, it won't be done period.

Sword Lord: For once, your posts were actually making sense. I was convinced your account was hacked cause your keyboard is known for spewing stupid shit. But now that you have said Voldo is just a "regular char who CFs" well, welcome back buddy, we missed you! And I wish you were going to Dev so I can beast on any shitty char you pick.

ya that'll work, and I'd go to DEV if there was a way to where I could pay next to nothing to get there, and me driving there would cost $$$, 16mpg. I'm spending my money on costa rica instead...
I don't really see why Voldo's name keeps getting tossed around so much...he's a regular character, just CF's well, and isn't that easy to use *looks at Astaroth*.

Ghostman, you could say the same thing about a complete noob who's never played the game before.

exactly my brotha thats what im saying, any player can be good if they put in the time and online players can play offline if they take the time to adapt to the differences...i just want everyone to enjoy themselves and stop shit talking lol but what can i say its gonna happen anyway.

DK was placing very high (or winning) tournaments in SC3 with X. Most X players went to Amy. And if you say high tiers are boring to watch, you are obviously new to tournaments. EVERY game has mostly high tier chars in the final 8. Also, when this game was very popular, EVERYBODY was using Amy and getting cheap wins. Top players beat the scrubby amys, but there are a few out there who are pretty good. When you place high in a tourney, you start looking at top 8 a little different when you are out or waiting or simply just viewing it. Top tier alone doesn't win tournaments, but mind fucking people does. And nobody is good enough to pick up Rock and go through a whole tourney and win. If nobody has done it in 2 years, it won't be done period.

Sword Lord: For once, your posts were actually making sense. I was convinced your account was hacked cause your keyboard is known for spewing stupid shit. But now that you have said Voldo is just a "regular char who CFs" well, welcome back buddy, we missed you! And I wish you were going to Dev so I can beast on any shitty char you pick.

I was talking about his Taki -> Amy switch in SC4.

Back