Best sides to step vs each character

Best sides to step vs each characteR

Raph: left
Ivy: hmm, somewhat depends on the move, but i think its left most of the time, but her SE to the right. will double check.
cervy: left
Lizzy: left

Cass loves to track to her shield side. Her left your right. Not everything gets avoided but you dont step into 236 or other combo starters... and lets face it thats the goal of stepping. Punish those combo starters and make them use other moves.

Hilde you want to step to your left her right until she drops C3B and still has C3A then just stand still for a couple of seconds so you deny her the C3A combo opportunities. Personally against Hilde I do just about everything so I dont eat a doom combo in any form so if she has a C3B I care less about running into C3A because there is no combo to be had from it.

Algol you have to step forward :P

Also you should make a note to which characters side your referring. I would guess your talking from the opponents PoV because I step Amy to MY left and you have her listed as right so I would assume its HER right and MY left.

I agree algol can kill step effortlessly

6AA, AA, 3AA, 4A+B, 22A, QF A (AF flip), 22K, and 66A+B

All of these make it hard to step algol

Correct me if I'm off base here, but isn't this topic kind of a mute point? A lot of the step you choose depends on the opponents input doesn't it? Quick examples would be Siegfried's :(1):or:(7)::(B): or Mitsurugi's :(3):or:(9)::B: where if you step :(2): and they're using the :(1): or :(3): versions, respectively, you get hit- whereas if you step :(8): you successfully step. Right?

Correct me if I'm off base here, but isn't this topic kind of a mute point? A lot of the step you choose depends on the opponents input doesn't it? Quick examples would be Siegfried's :(1):or:(7)::(B): or Mitsurugi's :(3):or:(9)::B: where if you step :(2): and they're using the :(1): or :(3): versions, respectively, you get hit- whereas if you step :(8): you successfully step. Right?

..thats exactly what is being discussed... ie :(2): or :(8): against X character and their Y moves (generally their most usuable yet steppable moves) are what is being factored in

ok what about the other combos and im pretty sure it's lizzys right/sheild arm btw. This is a pretty usefull topic keep it goin

babalook: this topic is exact opposite of useful as people who have no idea wander in and start posting even after detailed explanation is given. so far I dont see 1st post updating, the person just isnt interested.
lizard step side is left both standing and lc. vs LC 8wr is better.

I do it like this:

Mitsu:
General SS side
Right
Exceptions
3A left
1B left
rlc B left
66A+B 8wr left

Amy
General SS side
Right
Exceptions
33B left
6B any, in adv
1A left (hard)

Asta
General SS side
left
Exceptions
4A right
3B right
6K adv dep. left if neg, right if pos.

etc

have fun.

edit: by ss left I mean if you are p1 and opp character is p2 you should step him to your left = his right. so yep lizard step is to his right = your left.

I'm reviving this thread since I feel it's pretty important. I also updated the first post. And since some people seem to get confused about left/right step meaning theirs or the opponent's, I listed the directions as clockwise/counter-clockwise. Keeps things simple.

I also like Belial's format which shows the exceptions, so I included that as well. The list is still far from complete though, so any contributions will be appreciated.

i agree completely i think this is one of the most important things and for some reason this thread always dies.

OOFMATIC: Clockwise/Counter-clockwise is confusing to register. It's much easier to say His Right, Your Left... or His Left, Your Right... as Bibulus describes.

Perhaps we could adopt the terminology that the SCIV training mode uses when you set the opponent's actions.

OOFMATIC: Clockwise/Counter-clockwise is confusing to register. It's much easier to say His Right, Your Left... or His Left, Your Right... as Bibulus describes.

I don't understand how it's confusing? If anything it makes it a hell of a lot easier.

To what degree does it depend on the character you are playing? For example, I main Soph and her SS left seems to be more effective against Mitsu than SS right. I very rarely SS right with her in general because it seems less effective against most characters and her left side throw/33k mix-up is rather beastly.

Also, I agree SSL/SSR is easier than C/CC if that was even still up for debate.

Back