Black Friday: OH NOEZ!

Drizzle

[09] Warrior
Post your Black Friday horror stories here. I myself don't have any, because I refuse to go to stores on that day. I'd rather not risk getting trampled, just so I can get that game that's 50% off.

No horror story here, picked up 2 laptop stands from office depot for my 2 sticks for $20 each and got a leather couch for $300 no real rush and the lines weren't too bad. I did get to see a lady flip out at an office depot employee because they ran out of cheap laptops and she'd been camping there since like 10pm.

my horror story is waking up at 2:00 in the frickin morning to drive my wife 20 miles to work cause her store opened at 3 oclock in the fucking morning!!! I guess she would have a better horror story today when she gets home, and im sure she will tell me all about it, and i will nod and smile and say uh huh every 10 seconds or so to pretend im pahying attention!!

Horror Story: Being a negro on Negro Friday :O

Lulz, not really. I don't have any horror stories to share. Thankfully, it'll stay that way considering I'm off work today and don't plan on doing any shopping. Life is good here.

My only horror story is that I got my period today and was in pain for 5 hours.
But once I took a pill I was fine. I got up at 5:30 a.m and we all left at 6 to the mall.
I was there for the early bird so I got a lot of good stuff. :]
This was my first Black Friday event,so I'm happy that it went well. n_n

Haven't actually gone out to brave the crowds in years... Just isn't worth it. I've just been doing my BF shopping online. Got some sticks of ram and Micro SD cards from Newegg, free shipping. :D

Cha Cha REAL MAN OF GENIUS!:

I woke up today and was all like, "HAY IM GUNNA BYE SUMTHIN GUD BE4 WERK!". So I trek down to the Bestbuy which is located near teh gamestop i work part time at. I get there at 4am when they open, I start work at 5am. So i watch the human grinder that is the front gates opening and ppl start pushing shoving and running to get their ghetto-ass 32" 720p LCDs for still WAY too much money. I "lol" a bit then...
I casually walk in, and peruse the blu-rays, all the sales suck. Then I checkout the flashmemory and portable HDs, nothing any good is left as there was a frenzy on the 16GB flash drives for $25.
So I pace around the store, feeling let down that I haven't foudn anything worth getting up at 3:30am for. So then I see this DVD bookcase that holds 1080 dvds, something I have needed for awhile... -it's not on sale- it's just $130 as it normally is. So I figure...eh, why not? This is approximatley 20 mins before i start work.

So I pick it up, and MAN it's like 120 lbs! and it's not a nice easy to handle box, it's one of those long flimsy ones where the weight constantly shifts! But I'm SMART, so I decide I'm manly enough to carry it all the way to my car, a HALF MILE away on the exact opposite end of the mall!. So I carry it through the store, and since im wearing a sweater AND heavy jacket, im already sweating bullets. Best buy does this ANNOYING thing where they cut off half the store's isles so you can't get in line without going through a FUCKING MAZE first. So 5 mins later I find myself at the ass end of the worlds fucking most dysfuntionaly long line! Mad ppl ducking under the chains and letting ppl cut them and shit, at one point i set down this behemoth im fucking carrying and give the assholes in front of me the 3rd degree about letting like 5 ppl just cut in in front of them, then I force my way past all of them DARING them to do something about it. They don't. But boyyyy did I want them to.

So now I'm pissed, tired and I finally get to the checkout. Since this item is on sale and fucking obscure. They don't have the right sku for it. So they go to find it in some archaic fucking tome they pull out from under the desk full of inventory skus. 10 minutes and 12 fucking goat scarafices LATER, they have no avail finding the godforsaken thing. So they page bumfuck manager one, nada. Bumfuck manager 2. NA-FUCKING DA, bumfuck manager 3, DING DING DING. He just says "fuck it"- and rings it up as some generic item for $130 (not tax yay me).

So now the fuckers leave me with 5 godamn minutes to get to my car with a unweildy 120 lb object and then get to work at Gaystop on time. So off I go!
*prepares to cross the GUANTLET!*
Resorting to some half shamble jog elephant trot-like movement, I man the fuck up and put this badboy on my shoulders torture rack style, trying to center it for my dear dear equilibrium. About 400 paces out and i'm DYING. It's hot as fuck in my jacket, the mall is crowded and no one is moving out the damn way. About half way to my car, I feel like I'm doing frog squats in x10 gravity, I limp the rest of the way, sweating like a pig (I dont normally sweat much, but this shit is HEAVY and it is HOT). I get to my fucking car with like 1 minute left, and my neck feels like it has a permenant 8 inch groove in the back of it, my legs are on fire, and I just look like plain old SHIT. But Hulkster would be proud of me, so I am somewhat comforted....

But with that crazzzy weight aleviated, i fucking fly to gamestop within that minute (literally felt like my legs were feathers), sweaty as hell, but I make it. I run my ass into the half-bathroom/supply closet (yea its THAT GHETTO there) and wash my face off and try to NOT look like a greasy papaganoush. Follow that up with 5hr of non-stop cashing ppl out and buring through 100 wii-fits in under an hour, and you have yourself a fucking day...unless you are me.... Right after that, my sore and tired ass goes directly to my real job, where I get to work till 9:30 pm tonight! No breaks! (or so they think)

Moral of the story- fuck black friday. If you go to shop, and have no gameplan, just DON'T do it. I felt like I needed to walk away with something, so I pick up the most stupid thing possible (IT WASNT EVEN ON SALE), then decide to be an idiot and not leave it in store to pick up later, and carry the shit across the shopping DESERT.
Don't just buy shit at 4 am because you think you have to, be strong. I sure wasn't.

.....well, at least I got gainful excersise out of it!

cha cha

My only horror story is that I got my period today and was in pain for 5 hours.
But once I took a pill I was fine. I got up at 5:30 a.m and we all left at 6 to the mall.
I was there for the early bird so I got a lot of good stuff. :]
This was my first Black Friday event,so I'm happy that it went well. n_n

OH MY FUCKIN GOD!! Iam grossed out yet laughing my ass off at the same time. Tag your my new hero!!

Same here. XD

Cha Cha REAL MAN OF GENIUS!:

I woke up today and was all like, "HAY IM GUNNA BYE SUMTHIN GUD BE4 WERK!". So I trek down to the Bestbuy which is located near teh gamestop i work part time at. I get there at 4am when they open, I start work at 5am. So i watch the humand grinder that is the front gates opening and ppl start pushing shoving and running to get their ghetto-ass 32" 720p LCDs for still WAY too much money.
I casually walk in, and peruse the blu-rays, all the sales suck. Then I checkout the flashmemory and portable HDs, nothing any good is left as there was a frenzy on the 16GB flash drives for $25.
So I pace around the store, feeling let down that I haven't foudn anything worth getting up at 3:30am for. So then I see this DVD bookcase that holds 1080 dvds, something I have needed for awhile... -it's not on sale- it's just $130 as it normally is. So I figure...eh, why not? This is approximatley 20 mins before i start work.

So I pick it up, and MAN it's like 120 lbs! and it's not a nice easy to handle box, it's one of those long flimsy ones where the weight constantly shifts! But I'm SMART, so I decide I'm manly enough to carry it all the way to my car, a HALF MILE away on the exact opposite end of the mall!. So I carry it through the store, and since im wearing a sweater AND heavy jacket, im already sweating bullets. Best buy does this ANNOYING thing where they cut off half the store's isles so you can't get in line without going through a FUCKING MAZE first. So 5 mins later I find myself at the ass end of the worlds fucking my dysfuntional line! Mad ppl ducking under the chains and letting ppl cut them and shit, at one point i set down this behemoth im fucking carrying and give the assholes in front of me the 3rd degree about letting like 5 ppl just cut in in front of them, then I force my way past all of them DARING them to do something about it. They don't.

So now I'm pissed, tired and I finally get to the checkout. Since this item is on sale and fucking obscure. They don't have the right sku for it. So they go to find it in some archaic fucking tome they pull out from under the desk full of inventory skus. 10 minutes and 12 fucking goat scarafices LATER, they have no avail finding the godforsaken thing. So they page bumfuck manager one, nada. Bumfuck manager 2. NA-FUCKING DA, bumfuck manager 3, DING DING DING. He just says "fuck it"- and rings it up as some generic item for $130 (not tax yay me).

So now the fuckers leave me with 5 godamn minutes to get to my car with a unweildy 120 lb object and then get to work at Gaystop on time. So off I go!
*prepares to cross the GUANTLET!*
Resorting to some half shamble jog elephant trot-like movement, I man the fuck up and put this badboy on my shoulders torture rack style, trying to center it for my dear dear equilibrium. About 400 paces out and i'm DYING. It's hot as fuck in my jacket, the mall is crowded and no one is moving out the damn way. About half way to my car, I feel like I'm doing frog squats in x10 gravity, I limp the rest of the way, sweating like a pig (I dont normally sweat much, but this shit is HEAVY and it is HOT). I get to my fucking car with like 1 minute left, and my neck feels like it has a permenant 8 inch groove in the back of it, my legs are on fire, and I just look like plain old SHIT. But Hulkster would be proud of me, so I am somewhat comforted....

But with that crazzzy weight aleviated, i fucking fly to gamestop within that minute, sweaty as hell, but I make it. I run my ass into the half-bathroom/supply closet (yea its THAT GHETTO there) and wash my face off and try to NOT look like a greasy papaganoush. Follow that up with 5hr of non-stop cashing ppl out and buring through 100 wii-fits in under an hour, and you have yourself a fucking day...unless you are me.... Right after that, my sore and tired ass goes directly to my real job, where I get to work till 9:30 pm tonight! No breaks! (or so they think)

Moral of the story- fuck black friday. If you go to shop, and have no gameplan, just DON'T do it. I felt like I needed to walk away with something, so I pick up the most stupid thing possible (IT WASNT EVEN ON SALE), then decide to be an idiot and not leave it in store to pick up later, and carry the shit across the shopping DESERT.
Don't just buy shit at 4 am because you think you have to, be strong. I sure wasn't.

.....well, at least I got gainful excersise out of it!

cha cha

Oh gawd! O_O

I didn't expect any stories that bad!

I didn't see it, but someone I know saw someone harassing someone else at Staples for wearing a red shirt when he didn't work there.

this is what our holidays have come to? people killing each other literally to get the best priced material thing. the future of our kids frightens me. that story truley wrecked my day, im all grumpy now! I gotta go braves those malls later and with this story in mind, i will no doubt be swinging punches at soemone by end of the day

Im not surprised... I never go out on black friday without a handheld taser.... people get antsy I shock the piss out of them and keep on going... not much they can do about it...

that is genius. i would love to a random "walk by tasing!" that would be hilarious. probablly land in jail but worth it!

this is what our holidays have come to? people killing each other literally to get the best priced material thing. the future of our kids frightens me. that story truley wrecked my day, im all grumpy now! I gotta go braves those malls later and with this story in mind, i will no doubt be swinging punches at soemone by end of the day

I suggest you bring some sort of blunt object, or as Iced said, a taser. Or better yet, bring some nunchaku and if anyone gives you a hard time, go Maxi on their ass!

Im not surprised... I never go out on black friday without a handheld taser.... people get antsy I shock the piss out of them and keep on going... not much they can do about it...

>.> sure you do....

Anyways that shit where they kicked that guys body out of the way is disgusting. That kind of blatant disregard for decency and mobid greed makes me want to commit murder on the aggressors of this situation. I'm all about eye for an eye on slime like this. If they trample someone to death, I'd like to trample them to death.

disgusting people, moronic sheep. Unbelievable what people resort to for SHOPPING of all things.

cha cha

Lol by the time they realize what happened your gone :p

lmao im serious been tasing since I was 15 my moms got me one one year when we went out incase of serpartion in a large mall... been tasing ever since xD

That's awesome! O_O

When I was a kid, all my parents gave me to defend myself with, is a crummy baseball bat. Not exactly something you can conceal...<.<;;

Back