BlazBlue - GuiltyGear's next gen cousin

Now, now, Fist of the North Star is intentionally broken. We can't really place anyone from Blazblue in Hokuto No Ken's caliber of fighters.

So I'm assuming that tourneys held by this community will have her banned huh? Seriously, Ya'll are complaining about her, but not Hilde?

On topic.

This game is just too good. I haven't stepped into the online realm yet, since I still want to beat story and arcade with everyone first. But, I finally figured out the timing for this game after finally sitting down and practicing it.

So far tho, I'm really leaning towards maining Taokaka then V-13. Of course, V-13 would be when I go up against tier whores, but I actually like her style of play next to Taokaka's

the thing people forget about HnK is that the other characters have broken stuff too so Toki isn't as overbearing as most people think he is. here's another kenshiro vs toki that happened right after the match you posted haha
. Anyone who still follows the game knows that Toki is not even the best character anymore (ken is mid tier btw)

but yeah...would not be surprised. v13 is beyond retarded good

So I'm assuming that tourneys held by this community will have her banned huh? Seriously, Ya'll are complaining about her, but not Hilde?

Considering how the 2d community is a lot less pathetic than the SC community, I would find it very hard to believe that anybody would be banned in any respectable tournament.

Just got the 360 back via ups. BANG... hilarious. Guy takes the cake personality wise. I love how he goes super complete with his own victorious theme. Balance kinda sucks though in regards to some characters being absolutely insane. They ca lock you down or keep you out indefinitely. Learn one of them for tier whores, learn someone else for fun I suppose. I'd love to see another tier of fighters added. Safe bet you'll probably see the butler appear as a fighter in the future.

v13 wouldn't be so bad if arc systems didn't forget that allowing projectiles to raise guard bar is a bad idea

It's a pity that the balance is so poor. I really like this game but I've got no desire to play V-13/Rachel/Arakune and no desire to play a fighting game non-competitively. Unfortunately, right now those two conditions seem to conflict.

For people who are more familiar with ArcSys games than I, what's the probability that we'll see balance patches in future, or of some technique being discovered for other characters to counter this stuff?

blazblue reload will come out in a year maybe. lol

I can't wait for Forced Rapid Cancels and the edition of 4 new characters: One of them appearing to be what looks like a boy but is actually a girl! eh?.... See what I did there?

It's a pity that the balance is so poor. I really like this game but I've got no desire to play V-13/Rachel/Arakune and no desire to play a fighting game non-competitively. Unfortunately, right now those two conditions seem to conflict.

With that kind of attitude, you can't really play any fighting game competitively. If you don't have the drive to play against a few 6-4 matchups, or even 7-3 matchups against top tier characters, you probably don't have the drive to play ANY fighting game without tier-whoring.

Rachel has to work for her top tier-ness. She has really short range, and has to rely on zoning and spacing to set up traps around the ring. Which can be difficult if youre playing a very aggressive opponent since her projectiles are all pretty slow.

I can't wait for Forced Rapid Cancels and the edition of 4 new characters: One of them appearing to be what looks like a boy but is actually a girl! eh?.... See what I did there?

yeah you forgot that those characters were new for XX...not reload

they were in XX

I'm refering to him not realizing that slayer etc were in XX

did people forget GGX existed or something? sometimes i wonder

With that kind of attitude, you can't really play any fighting game competitively. If you don't have the drive to play against a few 6-4 matchups, or even 7-3 matchups against top tier characters, you probably don't have the drive to play ANY fighting game without tier-whoring.

Drive??? He mains Zas and Rock! What kind of tier-whoring is that?

I negative tier-whore.

Seriously though, if only a small fraction characters in a game are playable at high levels (i.e. existance of S+ tiers) then that game kind of sucks for competitive players. At that point I'd rather play some other more finely balanced game. I'm honestly not good enough at Blazblue right now to make that judgment, but I hear people talking tiers... And it sounds bad. Are they wrong? For example, I've heard that V-13 has mostly 7-3 or 8-2 advantages. Does she have a single bad matchup? How many of the characters are actually tournament-viable, in your opinions, taking into account the existence of characters like V?

I negative tier-whore.

Seriously though, if only a small fraction characters in a game are playable at high levels (i.e. existance of S+ tiers) then that game kind of sucks for competitive players. At that point I'd rather play some other more finely balanced game. I'm honestly not good enough at Blazblue right now to make that judgment, but I hear people talking tiers... And it sounds bad. Are they wrong? For example, I've heard that V-13 has mostly 7-3 or 8-2 advantages. Does she have a single bad matchup? How many of the characters are actually tournament-viable, in your opinions, taking into account the existence of characters like V?

All characters are playable.

Well, thanks for the games Tiamat. Compared to the comp I was facing earlier, you're a much stronger opponent for me. Interestingly enough, the weak competition I was facing earlier allowed me to pull my first Astral Finish with Jin. Naturally, I got a trophy for it.

I'll be hopping on in a minute here if any of you want to spar or whatever.

Back