Blazing Justice: Pat's Unblockables.

RuinousBloom

[08] Mercenary
Is there any uses or setups for any of Pats Unblockables at all? (8B+K and 44B+K).
If not, than It's fair to say those are probably his two most obsolete moves and I'm having the hardest time finding any uses for them. Thoughts?

i think some moves like Aeon's 66b during sand winger K, you can evade/quick steping the K.....and then do 44B+K to him

you forgot his REAL unblockable which is 1k..... seriously there is no need for his unblockables because he can so easily open people up with this

Yeah I rarely use his unblockables. I sometimes use 44B+K when my opponent get's predictable with certain moves that have large recovery times.

Been playing Pat extensively the past few days and have found an unblockable set up that works nearly every time I pull it out. Not sure if it's been just dumb luck, but I created an account just to post this because I can't recommend this set up enough. XD

Immediately after a 44KK that hits, follow up with 44B+K.

The second kick of 44KK generally surprises the opponent and hits em, causing a knockdown. At this point the opponent has several ways of avoiding the unblockable such as staying on the ground, rolling any direction besides forward, and ukemis to the right or left. Despite this, however, something about the crumple effect on that kick makes every person I fight get impatient and press G to immediately spring up and be greeted by a face full of flaming justice. I can literally perform this set up multiple times in a single round and my opponents seldom ever catch on.

Definitely give this a try and let me know how well it works for you guys. Again I could just be getting lucky with my opponents, but I have easily pulled this out against B's in ranked to secure wins.

Who needs set-ups? That implies that I use strategy.
With 66B, 4B, 1K,2K, 236AB, 236B, BB, AB, 66ABE I need nothing else.

I soar with 8BK whenever the call for justice rings.
Which is whenever the heck I feel like it.

Who needs set-ups? That implies that I use strategy.
With 66B, 4B, 1K,2K, 236AB, 236B, BB, AB, 66ABE I need nothing else.

Haha, well said. But I truly recommend getting in the habit of using 44B+K whenever you pull out a successful 44KK. It's just too easy and safe for how much damage it potentially causes, not to mention the fear of justice it instills upon the malfestation. Even if it whiffs, the only way your opponent can punish you is if they had rolled backwards or ukemi'd. But personally, I'll take that chance.

Once I had even trolled my opponent so hard with that set-up they got in the habit of rolling sideways after being knockdown by 44KK. At that point I started using 8B+K because it tracks decently well and began burning them with that while they were rolling their little heart out.

I love this game. ^_^

LOL having played GloriousDawn this morning I can say his UB setup definitely works. It caught me real good one time when I was in a corner. Will have to try it for myself sometime.

Hmm, gonna have to try some of this for myself. Thanks for the tips, i'm just learning how to not be a n00b right now...

The 44kk set up seems like a gimmick that may work once at high level play if you're lucky. Online I can see it happening all the time though.

The 44kk set up seems like a gimmick that may work once at high level play if you're lucky. Online I can see it happening all the time though.

I agree, but when you are in a pinch, it will help save you I think. He is right, once people get stunned to the ground, especially against Pat, the first priority is to get back up and away from the 66B+K, not to roll away. Once they have eaten an unblockable, then you can mix it up by doing just that or 1A to catch them out on a roll. Make them fear Justice!!

Not gonna lie, I drop 44B+K against certain character stances. Esp if I see a Yoshimitsu "sit and spin".

Hey guys I'm new to the 8wayrun community and I was just wondering whenever you guys throw out his unblockables, (which is rare for me to use) how do you catch people with them? I've been able to throw 44B+K after 8A+B and get people if they're one of those get up and block/rush/grab(etc.) players. I've never found a tactical use for 8B+K so I'd be intersted to know what people do if they use that move.

8B+K is useful for jumping over walls and ringing yourself out. 44B+K can be used every now and then to catch people who get up from knockdowns right away.

Back