Blazing Justice: Pat's Unblockables.

i set up 44B+K with 66B 66B+K. it worked in tournament. im not sure how legit it is.
I saw this on the MLG Summer Championship stream. I can't remember who exactly was using it, but if I recall it did hit a few times.

The setup, when properly executed, takes 54% (130 DMG, 61%/147 DMG with Clean Hit). Not bad for meterless, fair when you consider the risk taken. Maybe a little better than fair (untechable knockdown from 66B+K, all depends if the opponent is holding G when being comboed).

Unblockable can still be stepped left if you stand and step. Can't step right though.

Unblockable recovers badly on whiff. Pat vs Pat, easy to land wrKA from the ground (talking at least i32 attack here).

The okizeme isn't bad, you seem to have advantage, but you need to run forward as soon as you can after the knockdown or you'll just push the opponent away uselessly.

Better than any other time I've tried to hit with Pat's unblockables. Maybe use it once or twice on unsuspecting opponents, but never again.

I wish he didn't say "Dodge this!"

I wish 44B+K was fast enough to use after backstepping Viola's 44A BE. Take my advice an never do that unless your a fan of losing 75% of you health.

8B+K is useful for jumping over walls and ringing yourself out. 44B+K can be used every now and then to catch people who get up from knockdowns right away.

You've gotta be kitten me :D
I never throw out the UBs but now I will try it for myself

You've gotta be kitten me :D
I never throw out the UBs but now I will try it for myself
There's a post in this topic by GloriousDawn describing a setup where you knock someone down with 44KK and use 44B+K right away. It doesn't really sound good at all when writen out, but actually try this out. It's ridiculous how well this works.

I would prefer to use a grab rather than 44 b+k on people after knockdowns. A common thing I do is 66b, 66 b+k, 236 K, 66 b+g or a+g, not as risky as the UB and put you in a better situation imo.

i set up 44B+K with 66B 66B+K. it worked in tournament. im not sure how legit it is.
After testing it on multiple players, I will say that this is legit.

DON'T ABUSE IT.

The setup is similar to Natsu's bomb traps, in that they punish the instinctive action taken. Except when Natsu screws up, she gets 10 damage. When you screw up, it's trouble...

Is 44B+K fast enough to hit someone if they try to re-GI you after you GI one of their attacks? And if it does, do you think it could be a somewhat legitimate setup?

Is 44B+K fast enough to hit someone if they try to re-GI you after you GI one of their attacks? And if it does, do you think it could be a somewhat legitimate setup?
Well, 57 frames, it could possibly work. However, you have to consider that if you whiff because the other guy reacts in time and steps or JGs or something, you're eating a launcher, and you only get 70 damage for your troubles.

If you think your opponent will re-GI, it's safer to just GI, and then 6[6]. Once you see the green flash, you're already running forward, so tap B, there's your instant 66B whiffed-GI punish. 77 damage, meter gain, okizeme.

Only thing you would have to worry about is a re-GI-JG, but not too many people are going to use a technique like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can JG at any moment during a GI? That's crazy. Well, I like getting a hit with 44B+K near a wall because it will wallsplat for some major wall combo damage. Dreams crushed

You can JG at any moment during a GI? That's crazy. Well, I like getting a hit with 44B+K near a wall because it will wallsplat for some major wall combo damage. Dreams crushed
Ay hey hey hey now, you didn't mention all of that before.

If you feel there's a specific situation where it'll do good, go for it. If it works, keep doing it. The ends justify the means.

Throwing out raw 236B in the open is risky as hell, but I'll gladly do it if the opponent has their back to the ring edge. If you're gonna get a big payoff, it's worth gambling.

Oh well. 44B+K is not that useful anyways. It can easily be taken out of his arsenal and it wouldn't effect his gameplan. Btw, love your Pat guide Drake!

I like to use the 8B+K as a follow up to the Critical Edge. You need to input it immediately before they can ukemi. I use the 44B+K right when a grounded opponent stands up, or when they are building an unblockable or GB attack. or stepping backward. They obviously have to be in range

Back