Cervantes' 22_88A BE
Cervantes' WR A+B BE
Aeon's SW A+B+K
Aeon's SW A+B+K, G
Tira's JS 66B BE
Dampierre's 6B BE
Ivy's 22_88B BE
Pyrrha's 4A, A, A BE

Raphael 4 B+K is easily the most useless move in the game.

Aeon SW kA+B+K G is definitely the worst use of meter out there.

Stop hating on Tira JS 66bA+B+K like all the whiny patch whiners. Relaunch on grounded foes, persona shift combos...Yeah, that thing is solid. Just because it isn't part of the god tier character it was before doesn't mean its bad.

Aeon SW kA+B+K G is definitely the worst use of meter out there.
No. It can be used to get away from a wall or ring edge. But thats really all. The worst is DEFINATELY Damp's 6B BE.

Stop hating on Tira JS 66bA+B+K like all the whiny patch whiners. Relaunch on grounded foes, persona shift combos...Yeah, that thing is solid. Just because it isn't part of the god tier character it was before doesn't mean its bad.
I'm not hating. I'm just stating the obvious. Its pretty terrible. It sometimes DOESN'T launch OTG foes, only sometimes shift persona, TERRIBLE on block(JG), only adds like 10 damage to larger combos, and can self-RO. It sucks. Its probably the 8th worst in the game. 9th and 10th being Aeon's SW A+B+K and Ivy's 22_88B BE.

Glitches happen, if you throw out JS 66B any time other than to hit a foe you just knocked down you're doing it wrong.

SW A+B+K gurantees the K followup...if it doesn't glitch. I can be teched out of otherwise :/

Ivy 22*88bA+B+K? Mmm...I got nuthin'.

I want to nominate Cervantes 4A+B for the meterless list. I'm struggling to think of a single situation where it would be an appropriate move. I can't see it being possible to get that move to connect without the opponent commiting some sort of grave mistake, and if the move misses or gets blocked the opponent has every opportunity to punish it.

I want to nominate Cervantes 4A+B for the meterless list. I'm struggling to think of a single situation where it would be an appropriate move. I can't see it being possible to get that move to connect without the opponent commiting some sort of grave mistake, and if the move misses or gets blocked the opponent has every opportunity to punish it.
Can work on Maxi if placed in the right spots.

Leixia WR A+B? Are you high? Most of her mixups rely on that move, now WR A+B B is a different story.

Edit: Totally read that wrong, sorry lol.

It can also be used when against a ring's edge, and most characters cannot hit you out of it. (I think.)

Can work on Maxi if placed in the right spots.
Interesting. May I ask, any particular situations where it could be used? And does the move have any properties which makes it a better choice than any other move in these situations?

It can also be used when against a ring's edge, and most characters cannot hit you out of it. (I think.)
In SCIV i saw (very occasionally and very situational) this move being used in that capacity, Cervantes with back to the edge, and an opponent running in to ring out with a slide kick. Proper timing of 4A+B would allow Cervantes to hover outside the edge while the opponents slided out. In SC5 I've never seen the move being used as an evade in that capacity. I rarely see those kinds of slide kick ringouts either for some reason, maybe it could be used to evade other ringout moves? The problem I still think is that the move is very telegraphed, and unless the opponent has made a serious mistake i think it will be blocked and the opponent will have his choice of punishers, probably having enough time to use a new ringout inducing move.

Well it's main application would be to catch Maxi hitting button when he is trying to pressure you.

Few examples

Maxi does 6A, RO AK or 6A, RO A, BL KK or 6A, RO B. aB is a punish for 6A on block and that gives you like 35-40 points or you could use 4A+B and get like 80-100 points of damage if Maxi continues to hit buttons

It can be used against Maxi's 66B on block in similar fashion. You could take your 2A punish for 12-14 points of damage or you can get 80-100 points of damage if you make a read on LI B.

Mind you these damage values are a rough estimation because I don't use Cervantes.

Well it's main application would be to catch Maxi hitting button when he is trying to pressure you.

Few examples

Maxi does 6A, RO AK or 6A, RO A, BL KK or 6A, RO B. aB is a punish for 6A on block and that gives you like 35-40 points or you could use 4A+B and get like 80-100 points of damage if Maxi continues to hit buttons

It can be used against Maxi's 66B on block in similar fashion. You could take your 2A punish for 12-14 points of damage or you can get 80-100 points of damage if you make a read on LI B.

Mind you these damage values are a rough estimation because I don't use Cervantes.

Allright, I actually don't use Maxi and don't know what those specific moves look like offhand, although I maybe might recognize them in game. Trying to catch the gist of your post, do I take it I could, if encountering a wildly flailing Maxi, use 4A+B to hover outside of range and dive in for a counterhit? Would a good Maxi player fall for this?

Regarding the move's use when Cervantes back is against the edge I tried it a little, and it seems Cervantes may hover a little further back now than I remember in SC4, which perhaps could make it a little more usable to evade certain ring out moves.

I guess I stand corrected and may have underestimated the move, as long as it isn't thrown out recklessly Cervantes 4A+B may have some use in certain situations and edge cases (poorly crafted pun intended).

Allright, I actually don't use Maxi and don't know what those specific moves look like offhand, although I maybe might recognize them in game. Trying to catch the gist of your post, do I take it I could, if encountering a wildly flailing Maxi, use 4A+B to hover outside of range and dive in for a counterhit? Would a good Maxi player fall for this?
The don't necessarly have to be wildly flailing. For instance Maxi's 6A is unsafe on block so they would most likely use this to catch step and if it's blocked there is no reason to not try for the RO AK afterwards and just block if they get punished since they are gonna be eating the damage anyway. If the punish was wrong, out of range or late Maxi wins that exchange. You could use this to your advantage and hover outside the range of RO AK and punish Maxi really hard. Of course there are counters to 4A+B like 6Ag but your difference is 70+ damage versus the normal 40. It's all about getting in people head.

I tested it by doing 4A+B, CE, CE and got like 120 points of damage. Three time the amount of the normal punish.

Both TJ and 44bG goes into stance.
The fact is 44bG is a 60 frame cancel. You can launch it on reaction even after Sieg lands. It also has horrible TJ frames. BT SSH 6B+K is dumb in the fact you can't do anything from it at all. Yes I know you're thinking "Just do 2_8B+K during it". Too bad if you do that it brings you out of SCH B's range. It's there for no reason. It's dead code from SCIV.

Worst normal: Siegfried stomps
Worst BE: Pyrrha Omega 6B BE
Worst CE: ZWEI
I'm sorry but no. For the worst normal, I think its Z.W.E.I.'s 44B]. No use whatsoever. BE, Damp's 6B BE. How is that not the worst? Its the biggest ripoff ever. CE, Aeon's. For sure. Its only uses are for killing someone with the the first hit, ROing someone, or hitting OTG opponents. The fireballs can be JGed.

Worst BE: Pyrrha Omega 6B BE
Really? An i13 that will RO can't be too bad. Not to mention the GB damage and advantage on block.
(admittedly it's death on JG, and her CE makes it seem like a waste of meter, but surely there are much worse BEs)

Hm well here's my list....
Ivy: 66B A+B+K Ugh I can never find a practical use for that.... It pisses me off.

Pyrrha: 4A A+B+K, this move only works on people who dont know Pyrrha's um mix-up ( is that the right term?) either the more experienced players won't fall for that.

Pyrrha O.: 2B A+B+K, I only use that move if I manage to his someone with 4[A] -.- or any kinda stun

Well thats all..that I can remember Sigh. If you people have tips on those moves please share on how they can be useful xD

Really? An i13 that will RO can't be too bad. Not to mention the GB damage and advantage on block.
(admittedly it's death on JG, and her CE makes it seem like a waste of meter, but surely there are much worse BEs)

At any rate, it's better then her 2B BE. I'm sorry to people who like 2BB, but I just don't find it useful enough.

Back