[Buffalo, NY] How'd we get to be so S-RANK?

Yeah, SC is dead here too, but I'm always down if someone else is. Guess we'll shoot for some Tekken. See you in a few months Chach

Whattup Buffalo peeps, seeing a lot of SSF4 postage, does anyone play Tekken or Soul Cal anymore? I'll be headed up to the greater buffalo area at the end of march and have about 4-5 days of freedom. In between catching up with old friends and family, I'd definitely like to get some Soul Cal and Tekken with the buffalo crew. It's a few months early, but I figured, what the hell!!!

Anyway, this thread will probably be maxed out in a few days cuz y'all are beasts. Take it easy y'all, peace!!!

Sup Seneca, good to see you still playing Soul Cal. Yeah we still play SC but by we I mean me, kowtow, Chach, and sometimes stryderyoshi....sometimes. but Tekken is still going strong here. Since you came up, we found a lot of mad good eats for you to try. You like Beef on weck? Or maybe burgers that will make the Gods get moist? We got that too.

Kowtow still plays SC? News to me :P

But yea, we all still love the game, can't quit that shit, even when there is no community left.

cha cha

yes des, there are games tonight, games are always on unless I say otherwise, and I try to give notice long before hand.

BigRichez: That's awesome. If my belly is any indication, I don't discriminate against any kind of food man.

Chach, will be good to get some SC games. I'm going to try to get some at our monthly tonight. One more and my little town will have hosted an entire years worth of monthlies.

Might jump back into SF when Super comes out, but when you suck, you suck, and no new characters are going to change that, ha ha, we'll see.

GGs guys. Des, in particular I feel like I improved alot playing against your Sagat. Now if only I had time to practice SF4 so I could land combos.

Regarding the "double or nothing" thing, fighting tooth and nail over it, particularly at the time, seemed stupid, but from Wikipedia:

"In gambling, double or nothing is where a person loses a bet on an outcome and the parties agree to "double or nothing", which means that another wager is made on a new outcome with the same stakes as the original bet. If the winner of the first bet also wins the second bet, he/she has then won a total that is twice the original bet (which means that he won "double"). If the loser of the first bet wins the second bet, then he/she gets nothing and no longer owes money to the winner of the first bet. Among friends, payment on the first wager is sometimes postponed pending the result of the second wager."

Hence double or NOTHING. As opposed to, I dunno, double or something. It's a pretty well known TV cliche where someone will do something amazing, another party will bet he can't repeat the act, then start racking up a massive tab through Double or Nothing calls until the end of the episode where he makes the miracle shot a second time and it's declared even. The person who was betting doesn't then owe the person who made the shot millions of dollars, that's not how it works.

tl;dr, lern2bet nob.

(This last spiteful line brought to you in FPS-r-vision.)

lol you guys were arguing about double or nothing? hahah

anyways how about them jets SUPPPPP! i come home expecting a 28-14 score and it's 24-14... pathetic that the jets couldn't score from the 2 or 3 yd line when i left to pick up jug in the 4th quarter. they better not pull shit like that next playoff game O;

and sanchez did play well. he made plays and good throws + no turnovers and that's all we need him to do. not give up the damn ball.

i hope revis wins defensive player of the year. sadly they won't give it to a corner... another top receiver held to 35 yds and under yet again.

good games tonight everyone, was a fun time.

Tony, good luck in school and don't be a stranger. College is pretty lame IMO, consider dropping out.

Aaron, nice meeting you and hopefully I'll see you at evo this year....tell your boys there's a balrog in buffalo that will MM anyone in your crew so they can see how it's done where we come from.

Step yo games up

Yea Tony G, your presence will be missed! You were a solid player and all around swell guy in our crew, hard to replace. Good luck and don't let college partying make you lose focus of your true important goals in life... like being good at street fighter :P

in other words... stay in touch or i'll cut you.

-B

oh i hope in a no homo way tony g lol, good luck with school and everything man, ill give ya a call tuesday night so we can play some pool and chill before you leave.

same here lol. plus I got yo number. I'll spam you a text message er now and then
now look at you! your learned all kinds of shit, and in put it in your routine... and it wasn't even on purpose!
haha! Good shit!

Back