Calamity Symphony

Just for a record: Ivy's CS and iCS breaking windows are from 2nd to 10th frame (Total 9 frames).
It is more frames than I expected. =)

I wish ;)

No, it's just a regular iCS with flames. Probably the most difficult thing to do in this game, though but suuuper flashy.

The command is 374692146:aA+G

When you posted this on the discord chat on New Year's, I thought: Damn--he's ruined the game for me; I'm going to spend the next month trying to learn how to do that and land it in a match, lol.

When you posted this on the discord chat on New Year's, I thought: Damn--he's ruined the game for me; I'm going to spend the next month trying to learn how to do that and land it in a match, lol.
Were you able to finally do it? ;)

Another interesting find, the "flaming SS" (which I know sounds stupid as the throw already has UB flames). unlike flaming CS/iCS, does add a lot of flames to the animation

Were you able to finally do it? ;)

Another interesting find, the "flaming SS" (which I know sounds stupid as the throw already has UB flames). unlike flaming CS/iCS, does add a lot of flames to the animation

Lol--not yet. I haven't really tried. Believe it or not, I haven't really had time to lab Ivy and learn where to punish characters (including Ivy herself), so I've been learning how to do that these past few days. You know--me, you, and Linkrkc have always had high skill and great buffers of the command throws (not a brag or boast on my part--just stating the truth), and it's like that again already in this game. But what has always separated me from the two of you is that you two know how to play the game better than I do. From SC3 to SC5, I would spend hours practicing the command throws and the 5-hit (especially in SC2 and SC3), and where I could apply those throws, but I never really learned match-ups or how to properly play the game. I've actually won money playing SC and placed top 5 in a few Jaxel tournaments. But that's all been from just playing with a superficial knowledge base of the game. Can you believe that? Over the years, I've just been highly skilled with Ivy--not at SC--hell, not even playing against Ivy per se. I was--I am--just good at performing skills with Ivy.

Well, I'm sure you could believe that after all the matches we've played over the years and how you've almost always won the close matches and beat the brakes off me pretty regularly, lol.

However, this time around, I want to move closer to the two of you, so I'm going to spend time learning match-ups and trying to make better choices, lol. Again--not a pat on the back for me--but there's no reason why someone with my skill level with Ivy shouldn't have had more success over the years. I have even had people tell me: "Man, if I could do what you can do with Ivy, I'd be winning tournaments." I never got it. My reply would always be: "Then play Ivy!"--completely not realizing that my play has just been one giant waste of time. Lol!

I've finally realized that if I am going to play, then I should play right. It's going to take more time because I'm pretty busy in "real life", but now that I'm playing SC after five or six years away, I think it's about time that I learn how to play properly. I know that was a long-ass answer to your question, and I could've just said "no". But I think I needed to write all of this for myself because if I didn't, I'd obsess about how you did that (flaming iCS), and I would, without a doubt, spend the next month--three months--learning how to do flaming iCS and landing it in a tournament match.

But make no mistake, Ring. I'm going to eventually get flaming iCS down pat. ;-). I'll throw out flaming SS in a match if I can. Thanks for sharing that video. ;-)

Last edited:
Guys... Is it really just the matter of pressing 6 and a+g, and 1 and a+g at the same time for iCS and iSS respectively? I have been trying this, and I was good at it in scIV, but now... JF versions are one in 50 flukes! It's maddening!!!

I should mention that I mostly do the full circle inputs. Is this my mistake?

One more question: Can iCS and iSS be buffered?

@350z good luck, I always said that MU knowledge is most important factor... and this time I am not even following my own advice ;) guess I'm too lazy, but I no longer lab characters, I just use what I learn during matches.

Guys... Is it really just the matter of pressing 6 and a+g, and 1 and a+g at the same time for iCS and iSS respectively? I have been trying this, and I was good at it in scIV, but now... JF versions are one in 50 flukes! It's maddening!!!

I should mention that I mostly do the full circle inputs. Is this my mistake?

One more question: Can iCS and iSS be buffered?
I recorded this using the easiest rolling method:

Back