CALI REGIONALS!! GET HYPE!! aftermath

Shout out time!

Cedric: Congrats on the win! Let the people hate. Hilde isn't banned and she has yet to be patched. As long as that remains the case, she's free to use and own people with. I actually prefer to fight Hilde than most other characters, but I never got the chance to fight your Hilde. Maybe next time. It was cool hanging with you and the other NorCal peeps though!

Alex J: Nice meeting you man and thanks for letting the AZ crew play some games with NorCal. I'll money match you in Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix! Your matches were epic, but we didn't get any games in. Next time I'll beat King Salmon so we can have a tourney match!

Hajime: My fellow Namu player! We must always remember the teachings of NeoRussell, for he has become one with the Namu. Great mirror matches! It's nice to finally see a Yoshi player that knows what they're doing. I'll be hitting you up to talk strats.

Manta: Get shorter! In all seriousness, your Voldo was beasting on people. I'm surprised you didn't place higher in the singles tournament.

Semi/Simone: It was great to finally meet you Semi. Good match first round of the tournament. I know what it's like to have minimal competition, but you played well despite that. Next time talk Simone into giving me a cupcake!

Motempest: Illest Taki I have seen on SC4 yet. I'm actually thinking about picking her up as a secondary now. Very nice to meet you and Naomi. Chili's was bomb as well and probably the most fun I had all weekend. Hopefully I'll see you at SoCal Regionals. If not, there's always Puzzle Fighter online. ^_^

Naomi: Nice to meet you and hanging out at Chili's was great. Your X was also very solid. It was too bad you met up with Aris during the tournament. You may see me at Activision sometime this year, but if not hopefully I'll catch you at SoCal Regionals.

Aris: The man himself! Nice to meet you sir. You're hella funny. Hopefully we can chill more if you roll down to SoCal Regionals. Congrats on placing!

NoFace: I told you to enter! You should listen to me more often! Your Ivy is solid, and once you get that converter and can use what you're comfortable with, you'll be a force.

DrTom: Nice chilling with you at the hotel man. Your Talim is much better than mine. Hope to see you at SoCal Regionals if you roll down.

PentDragon: Nice meeting you man. Our massive number of battles has taught me how to deal with all kinds of players, even those who attack from a disadvantage. I'll be looking forward to playing you again.

To everyone I played: Good matches! My SC4 game isn't quite where I'd like it to be, but hopefully if I see any of you at SoCal Regionals, I'll be ready.

To everyone else: It was great to see Shauno, Chet, Offbeat, Mystik and Tiety Whitey (forgot how you spelled that) again. It was nice meeting White Rob, King Salmon, Nyawu, SD player with Link (sorry I forgot your name man!) and everyone else. I know I'm forgetting people, but it's hard to remember everyone and everything.

kidkryptesthesia (4:16:50 PM): right.
kidkryptesthesia (4:20:25 PM): any highlights?
kidkryptesthesia (4:20:30 PM): I'll tell you a highlight
kidkryptesthesia (4:20:39 PM): there was a live feed for the tourney
kidkryptesthesia (4:20:47 PM): and I was on it logged in as you
kidkryptesthesia (4:20:54 PM): "Jam Master Jom"
kidkryptesthesia (4:20:59 PM): and I was reporting things that weren't happening
kidkryptesthesia (4:21:01 PM): for example
kidkryptesthesia (4:21:07 PM): when Alex Valle lost at SF4
kidkryptesthesia (4:21:22 PM): I reported "Valle just smashed a chair through a GGXX machine!!"
absotivelyjive (4:21:20 PM): that is probably the best thing
kidkryptesthesia (4:21:23 PM): no seriously
kidkryptesthesia (4:21:26 PM): and everyone was buying it
kidkryptesthesia (4:21:39 PM): and on SRK they are talking about Valle flipping out

Magneto is to strong in marvel he is the best character in the game...Hilde can be sidewalked/guarded ie safely rushed down but meh what do I know imma Scrub in this game.

what an ignorant post

the drastic difference between 2d vs 3d is already enough to make your post fuckin worthless but lets also not forget sanford plays a game where theres like 6 viable characters out of 56

compared to a game where the only character that will be able to compete against hilde would be, i dont know, hilde?

anyways yeah ceirnian you won, pretty good, now stop posting.

Magneto is to strong in marvel he is the best character in the game...Hilde can be sidewalked/guarded ie safely rushed down but meh what do I know imma Scrub in this game.

if Evo has SC4 this year, and you come through would you like to moneymatch my Hilde vs your non-Hilde? i don't even play hilde so i'm just curious as to how Hilde can be beaten.

i'm not hating at all, i'm really curious as to how we need to step our shit up.

Sorry Jom I'm butt hurt, If I stop posting I won't be a man anymore.

http://drecosby.ytmnd.com/

[edit] I'm perfectly fine playing against a Hilde. My main is Hilde though and I put almost all of my time into her, but I can play a few characters pretty well (like Vader). I'm being perfectly honest when I say that she isn't as scary once you get to the point where you know which charges she has at all times. Maybe I'm bias because I play her so I know without having to put in extra effort though.

She's still a beast of a character though, but I feel comfortable fighting against her. Rickstah I know your post was directed at Sanford, but if you have any questions about anti Hilde stuff I can suggest a few things.

Sorry Jom I'm butt hurt, If I stop posting I won't be a man anymore.

http://drecosby.ytmnd.com/

[edit] I'm perfectly fine playing against a Hilde. My main is Hilde though and I put almost all of my time into her, but I can play a few characters pretty well (like Vader). I'm being perfectly honest when I say that she isn't as scary once you get to the point where you know which charges she has at all times. Maybe I'm bias because I play her so I know without having to put in extra effort though.

She's still a beast of a character though, but I feel comfortable fighting against her.

^ this is cali best player a Hilde player ive watched the Gf for this tourney and imma say right now i respect him for coming back 2 sets on the Cass player but I strongly believe that ppl dont apply pressure vs Hilde enough. Im not in here to talk trash and put ppl down im here to Hopefully encourage the better players to FIND a way around Hilde...Please im only trying to help.

Look for hold B so you can SS it and punish her and keep her back next to the edge and break the B+G throw(I think thats the one she flips you over her head)so you wont get rung out if ur grounded roll sometimes(mix it up)away from the middle of the stage and pressure her towards her end of the stage....Yes shes top tier but very beatable imo.

rickstah

What's with the random hate and disrespect?
All the man said was "Try to learn how to fight against her, step it up".

He's honestly right.
I won't be Hilde mirror matching the myriad of Hilde's that will be popping up all over the place.
I hate mirror matches with a passion. You can watch the matches I have with Hilde's for an example.

But by all means, if you need a more personal example of someone "Stepping that shit up", I'd be more than willing to step up to the plate at Evo.

I'm sure you could find a lot of other people willing to do the same at Evo (LinkRkc, Oofmatic, etc.)

I really don't understand what the issue is.

Cedric is a cool dude who won a tournament with a 100% legal character.

If someone has an issue with that, PM NeoRussell and ask him to make a just frame stage select tutorial vid. I heard Warble can do it without the video!

[/laugh]

EDIT:

Look for hold B so you can SS it and punish her and keep her back next to the edge and break the B+G throw(I think thats the one she flips you over her head)so you wont get rung out

If Hilde is near the edge she can ring you out.... period. If her back is to the edge she can perform a slightly modified version of the doom combo to swap sides with you and ring you out.

I'm not trying to say your reasoning is wrong, just that this specific strat wouldn't work.

People don't get Sanford is a marvel player, broke isn't in his dictionary. If Sanford finds hilde to be too good he will end up playing her.

Okay I think Im ready to post some shouts.

Denjin Arcade: OOOOOOHHHHH NIIIIICCEE!!!! I could like stand in the arcade and not hit another machine. And they got dem cheap ice cream samiches

The Folks Who Ran It: THANKS! Yall held it down. Them brackets actually had the most even player matchups I've ever seen. No one was completely outranked in skill. I wanted to watch as many fights as I could to see who would win. Screw the electronic braket, the old school was the business.

The Crowd: Ight so we weren't too hype on the team tourney but we got loud for the singles. We weren't able to be as loud as the 2D games but we are working on it. And the finals was hype just cause. (Starts to sing the Family matters theme!)

Team Big Booty Hoes: Hump Wit It !!! (Next team tourney there needs to be a Team Cap'n D Comin! :) )

Soul Calibur: You are a game made by namco and I play you.

[The People]

Nor Cal

Ced: Congrats on the win. Don't let the arguments and all that get to you. Look at it this way, you are like the guy who used the first hard hitting Genei Jin Combo that regained alot of bar after the meter ended in 3s. We didn't know it was THAT good until it was waved in our faces and beat folks with the whole risk reward thing. Everything is not against you but until there is a way to even the play field against a 2 move offense where 1 move auto gi's in a large window with an instant ring out form almost anywhere to 1/2 life combo, that also locks down an opponent, were its initial flaw was removed due to button binding, there will be alot of argument over it. [ <- try saying that all in one breath :) ] Personally I'm gonna pick her up to see how to get around it, but its looking like that tactic can dominate. Good use of it and holding it down. Stay solid man! If folks think that it is just a character being good then beast on them with another character and prove the manliness of the scarf to all doubters!! It was kool meeting ya man. Late (Gambit mvc2 sound *Charging!*)

Alex J: Goog games man. Solid and was able to talk in the middle of the match. Too good man. One of the most fun matches I've played in a while, and in a tourney setting almost ever. I haven't seen Amy's tools used that defensively and then switching to offense with a 33B and a 1A. It felt like it was more tekken then sc4 due to the poking tactics till laucher stuff. Off the chain man. I hope to play ya again man.

MF Voldo: Nice meeting ya homie, wish I could have played you more but its all good. Hit me up on that Capoeria info man. I saw that match you had against Noface, was solid indeed man.

Manta: Kool guy, Homo Voldo that is all... just kiddin! Man I echo previous sentiments of all the others, the solidness was indeed there. Thanks for all the Voldo info, it really helped cause when I first played you I had no idea what was being thrown at me. I can post up some more Yun stuff for your friend so that it can help him out. I got a few tricks up my sleeve that I wanna suprise someone with.

The sad part is about everyone else I wasn't able to talk to as much.

Oh yeah Hajime: New name Cap'n Manji Punch/Yoshi Kaz unblockable man. You were holding it down.

Dr. Dogg: You is a fool man! Good chilling with ya man. The one of few cats that can out rule the sacredness of dibs! Good meeting ya man, we gotta play some more man.

SoCal: I talk to yall all the time so there!

Oh yeah for Bobino: Once again... you were beasting. I think I know what you had to get you so beastly. Was it
I got more to type but lets just say if I talked to you in person then you know it was kool talking to ya. Unless I talked to you and looked at you like you stink and ran away like a japanese shcool girl... Too many people to remember them all.

rickstah

What's with the random hate and disrespect?
All the man said was "Try to learn how to fight against her, step it up".

He's honestly right.
I won't be Hilde mirror matching the myriad of Hilde's that will be popping up all over the place.
I hate mirror matches with a passion. You can watch the matches I have with Hilde's for an example.

But by all means, if you need a more personal example of someone "Stepping that shit up", I'd be more than willing to step up to the plate at Evo.

I'm sure you could find a lot of other people willing to do the same at Evo (LinkRkc, Oofmatic, etc.)

there was no hate or disrespect. he says there are ways to beat hilde, and honestly, i would like to see them. im not saying it's impossible, but it just sounded like he knew something we didn't. i respect sanford (anyone who plays marvel at a high level gets my respect), but if hilde is so easily beaten then we wouldn't be having a whole thread dedicated to banning her.

People don't get Sanford is a marvel player, broke isn't in his dictionary. If Sanford finds hilde to be too good he will end up playing her.

Jesus christ you guys are simple minded as fuck. Please for love of god stop letting Hilde mindfuck you great soul caliber players....I could see if she was the best but look at the other characters that are very bullshit in they own way. If she was so bad like you people say she would dominate the top 3 spots in tourneys..so since she does not it must mean shes hard to win with or else EVERYONE would place wit her. shes winning yes but its not easy for the Hilde player.... Magneto players have won almost EVERY tourney since 2007 in the top 3 spots always. Hilde players dont ALWAYS win and if they are winning its just 2 ppl at best....Look at the other characters that are bullshit and are top tier.

Voldo
Setsuka(if you can do the JFs consistantly)
Cass
Amy
Cervy
Sieg

This my last post about this subject if you people wanna take this as an insult because imma marvel/SF player coming to sc4 forums trying to help players from any coast find a way to beat Hilde(unbeatable it seems like in you ppls eyes)then its whatever.

I tryed

Alex was commending you Sanford, he knows that you guys deal with magneto and other broke stuff in MVC2 so he has respect that you don't wave the ban stick around.

Yeah I wasn't trying to diss you but oh well. As for hilde not dominating tournaments, the game is still new. Magneto didn't dominate right off the bat either but it eventually happened. I could be wrong but I definitely think hilde is on a tier of her own. As for me, I don't think I can beat cedric's hilde with anything less than hilde reliably so I will keep trying to learn her and make the final switch somewhere.

Yeah I wasn't trying to diss you but oh well. As for hilde not dominating tournaments, the game is still new. Magneto didn't dominate right off the bat either but it eventually happened. I could be wrong but I definitely think hilde is on a tier of her own. As for me, I don't think I can beat cedric's hilde with anything less than hilde reliably so I will keep trying to learn her and make the final switch somewhere.

Then I apologize i misunderstood you...im not to sure about Sieg being top im just assuming.

there was no hate or disrespect. he says there are ways to beat hilde, and honestly, i would like to see them. im not saying it's impossible, but it just sounded like he knew something we didn't. i respect sanford (anyone who plays marvel at a high level gets my respect), but if hilde is so easily beaten then we wouldn't be having a whole thread dedicated to banning her.

Hehe, I lub it, and dont worry ricksta, when me and cedric play first round at tit, I will show you how it is done, maybe I will write a book about it....... looks like many people will buy it......See everyone at t.i.t...

Back