CAS vs Realist (character types)

OmNiExiZt

[08] Mercenary
Ok, so I've been hearing a lot of talk about how CAS characters differ from their real counterparts. This makes me sad because come on, who doesn't like making/using a CAS right? Anywho, I was wondering if anyone had some specific data on what's going on with the CAS's such has frame data and hit boxes. This way people will know to stay away from a specific CAS or know how to set the muscularity and physique settings to mimic the original characters build as closely as possible or maybe even exact. So here are a few questions I'd like answered if possible.

How much does the armor affect hitboxes?

How much does the physique and muscularity settings affect hitboxes?

Does different armor affect the hitboxes of the original characters?

Does different weapons besides the default 1&2 player affect frame data or attack range in some way?

I'm asking this because I was reading about CAS Rock vs Rock in the Rock... thread. So now I'm wondering about the rest of the cast. I'd really hate to throw my beloved CAS's in the garbage can.

I do notice that my CAS Astaroth misses his 1K,A or 3K,A. The kick always lands, but the axe goes over my opponents head a majority of the time. Maybe the fact that he's a CAS has something to do with it. I couldn't figure out why my ROCK and Aasty CAS look smaller than the original despite the fact that I tried to make them big and muscular as I could.

The main problem is the grab range.
The problem with 1KA and 3KA is that both As are High and can be evaded by crouch. This counts for Asty too.

Aww, well that sucks. I always thought it was a guaranteed two hits. I hadn't used the real characters in a while. Once I unlocked everything, I've been using my CAS ever since. I guess I had better go back to using them. Actually I take that back. I still use the real Sets, Hilde and Tiara.

So what about the other CAS's? Have a lot of them been glitching out?

There's a large list of things that CaS characters will mess up in comparison to the real character. Hitbox issues are the major problem (and weapon sizes with Bonus characters), and some moves/combos will miss occasionally or simply not work when used by a CaS counterpart (ex: a Rock CaS trying to grab things). Almost all of the resulting changes from normal to CaS are negative/they're generally tourneybanned, so nobody really bothers looking into specifics.

Keep in mind that everything in someone's movelist was designed for their use, not a generically-proportioned somebody lacking the unique features that the moveset assumes are there. (Amy/Asta's size, Nightmare's arm, Lizardman's tail, etc.)

Though to answer your specific questions, I don't THINK armor plays any sort of role in determining someone's hitbox. Most armor isn't that wide anyway, so even if it does it wouldn't be significant. Only things I could see causing problems are the Horns of Calamity, or other extremes. Physique might affect your hitbox, but you'd only want -50 physique for a smaller horizontal hitbox if it did, so that'd be dumb.

I also don't believe weapons change your attack hitbox. Notice that whenever you swing your weapon in a fight, the colored line that appears always stems from the same location within someone's weapon. I could be wrong though.

Bonus characters have weird hitboxes aswell.

When I put an Eaglehead on zasalamel (dont ask my why), my Asta friend hat problems with some throw. Cant recall which one but there was one he had problems with.

Was also curious about the bonus characters. I'd assume since they're pre-created pre-tested guests, they are just retextured clones.

Simple solution - Don't use CaS characters, apart from them all looking like wierd sex dolls (you might think 15 minutes making your anime hero is worth it, I'm sorry , the fact is all CaS's look terrible), everyone will asume your a scrub if you use them.

I found that CAS Rock can punish stuff with the badass WR B, which the normal Rock cannot... And normal Rock misses WR B fairly often, while CAS won't. It's twice important because WR B is also pretty good against the soul gauge.
But it's at the price of throw range - which, in general, is a strong point for Rock, ...and also a strong punisher.

It's not all negative, I'd say it's a choice depending on how you want to play him. And if there's some specific stuff that you hate and want to punish.

Why I'm writing this?
Because maybe he's not the only one, maybe there's other interesting stuff that CAS can offer to other characters.

(I'd like to use the CAS potential, but then I'd lose most of the manliness points...Where's the fun in that?)

Back