Cervantes Matchup: Discussion

A small tidbit against Lexia. We all know she has that BE teleport; one of the situations I notice that Lexia players use this is during wake-up games. Well just to trick them into using it I use 2[B+K] so even if they teleport my attack they get caught in the quake GENIUS!

Nope Lexia. Back in SC3 Xianghua had a move that dodges almost every horizontal and vertical they call it teleport. Now Lexia has a BE that does that same animation as X in SC3.

Versus Pyrrha: you can CE in between the first and 2nd hit of her 66B,A+B+K. The fun thing is, it hits up close so that igdr is guaranteed afterwards. The total damage is 88.

You can also sidestep to her right and 3b after the first attack, but you have to be quick with it. In my experience I sometimes get a 33b when I'm on p2 side which whiff. Also if you just guard the 2nd hit, you can't get a 3b afterwards because she recovers to fast. Idgr is possible, but you have to be really fast with it, aB is the more reliable punishment afterwards.

Lastly normal gi is also possible in between the first and 2nd hit.

Versus Xiba: Here's a funny punish versus bad Xiba players, the ones that do A,A,K in their entirety even if the opponent is blocking. Block the first hit, duck the 2nd then do 9B+K hold. Cervantes hits Xiba in the back if he finishes the 3rd hit. Afterwards you can idgr launch and whatever combo you want to do.

I don't think Cervantes has a good option to punish her 3B on block, but it's still risky for her to throw out because of the massive damage he gets upon a successful sidestep or backstep of that move.

Wouldn't it be better to just WS B and get the damage even if he doesn't finish the string? Maybe you get more off the 9B+K, but you're relying on them to be terrible, instead of just using a guaranteed punish.

If all it's gonna do is sway back from throws, you might as well just commit to a duck. I'd rather take his mids on normal hit from crouching, than on CH from trying 44B. Plus you'll get more damage from a successfully ducked throw. Normal hit bullrush isn't that big of a deal now. Normal hit 6K thankfully doesn't knock down like it did in the demo builds lol. Normal hit 6B doesn't lead to huge damage for Asta. All of these things will bend you straight the fuck over if they land on CH.

You HAVE to guess to beat Astaroth, there's no way around it. He's going to make you guess. You might as well be taking as much damage as you can from each one, like Hates said.

9(B+K) only gives you 10-20 more damage, anyway, for a significantly more difficult combo. People will see WS B is an underappreciated gem once they start reliably getting 80 damage off of it.

Hey guys I notice that many of A.Patrokolos fast move is unsafe, and beside his CE there aren't any moves that can punish our 3A+B and 3A heavily. He really have powerful and fast WS moves so I use less vertical and horizon low. I usually use 1BB, 2A+B to attack; AA, 2A, 6K to interupt; aB, BE move, 3B to punish. And I also use less throw with him because if he dodge Ouch he can punish me by WS moves very painful.
In general, I think vs A.Pat the best stragedy is blocking and punishment, and it's a - "who break your guard first" race. You don't have to worry about hit him because we have some moves like WS A+B BE aB, or 214A aB, we can earn blood for free :D. Try to break his Guard Gauge with WS A+B, 1BB, 4A, 4AB or 4B BE BT B+K and he will lose his patience. And remember his range is better than you so try to get close to him as much as possible. Keep hitting mid and blocking. That's my experience. Feel free to share yours

Hello everyone, since I don't see any thread vs Siegfried so I will start first.
The first thing I notice that Siegfried 3 (Sword behind his back) Chief Hold now is +0 on block and his CH KK is i11 so we can't use aB to interupt him anymore (that makes me sad ALOTTTTT :(((((( ) However our old savvy pirate still have the solution :D

In this Chief Hold Stand Siegfried have three option:
- Chief Hold B: Heavy damage, slow safe on block and vertical linear
- Chief Hold A A or [A]: Horizon, slow and safe on block
- Chief Hold K or KK or K BE: This move create alot of problems for us because it's i11:((((( but luckily it's vertical linear

Most of people try to guess 50/50 when Siegfried in Chief Hold Stand by side step and hope he uses vertical moves and punish however if he will hit us with Chief Hold A A. But we have a move that can solve every problems above, it 22_88K Auto GI, it evades vertical move, auto gi horizon move and safe :D And Siegfried can't do anything to hurt us :D

But 22_88K damage is too low I want to hurt him more ?
- Well 22_88K is your best solution it's safe in every Chief Hold Moves but there anotherway to hurt him more too :D. If in Chief Hold Siegfried try to swing or use some vertical moves we have options select by using 22AA 3B or 22B 3B ( Eat sh!t bitch)

Well that's my idea and my theories, and one thing you have to notice I haven't test my theories alot =)))) so please correct them for me. Soul Calibur 5 have just come to Viet Nam 1 week ago. Thank you

The best tactic after blocking 3(B)->SCH is to backstep. This will make every followup whiff, allowing for a free launch.

Hey guys I notice that many of A.Patrokolos fast move is unsafe, and beside his CE there aren't any moves that can punish our 3A+B and 3A heavily. He really have powerful and fast WS moves so I use less vertical and horizon low. I usually use 1BB, 2A+B to attack; AA, 2A, 6K to interupt; aB, BE move, 3B to punish. And I also use less throw with him because if he dodge Ouch he can punish me by WS moves very painful.
In general, I think vs A.Pat the best stragedy is blocking and punishment, and it's a - "who break your guard first" race. You don't have to worry about hit him because we have some moves like WS A+B BE aB, or 214A aB, we can earn blood for free :D. Try to break his Guard Gauge with WS A+B, 1BB, 4A, 4AB or 4B BE BT B+K and he will lose his patience. And remember his range is better than you so try to get close to him as much as possible. Keep hitting mid and blocking. That's my experience. Feel free to share yours

I dont know where you get your experience from, but you are quite wrong imo. I dont want to play the elitist asshole (but i still do! :P ), but its basically the complete opposite of what you said. I play both characters on a high level and Alpha seems like a pretty hard matchup for Cervantes. Maybe worst in the game.

Alpha can punish basically ANYTHING with 75 DMG, JF Twister twice punished the majority of Cervantes movelist. I think this is the fast Move you mean, but its not used the way you think. Its punishement only. Under no circumstances you should be in Alphas face, his close range game is near to broken. This includes throws, safe mids etc. Alpha is extremely safe, there is nothing to punish except ducked throws. But once you start ducking too much, its GG. Alphas mids are devastating.

Cervantes WS A+B BE is a gimmick on block, since you can step last hit. Also DC A is really reactable. As i said you dont want to fight Alpha close range. His weakness is long range antisteps, which is Cervantes big strenght. So you should space, step a lot, try to whiffpunish missed 33Bs etc.

I will play a good Cervantes this weekend and see how he deals with my aPAT. Then i'll write more :)

The best tactic after blocking 3(B)->SCH is to backstep. This will make every followup whiff, allowing for a free launch.
thank you i will try that. but if he does not do anything and try to change his stand or hold guard to cancel hit stand can we have a free 44B ?

Back