Cervantes Patch Updates

doc are there any setups that can led you to do a 4KK follow-up? Like for example maybe 3A+B in this case since it got tweaked?

So what was the point in changing BT B+K then? What is this extended stun supposed to do, perhaps give the opponent more time to realize he got hit and marvel how awesome Cervantes is? ಠ_ಠ

Sad to see DC rebuffering go. K: B: B after a failed iGDR saved my ass a few times.

Any word how 3A+B changed? If I understand correctly, the patch notes say it will now have smaller pushback. Might be useful for some new chain.

Also new LOL fact about 4KK. The ch doesnt transfer to second hit...so you NEED to ONLY hit the second one on CH OR in a stun...

That last part, OR in a stun, you've tested it off BT B+K and it's new longer stun, right? Maybe that's something. I won't know until tomorrow lol.

Cervy is insane now.

BT B+K now guarantees 3B, and it isn't shakeable. As far as I can tell shakeable stuns were removed completely. I still tried to shake the stun, and I couldn't. I didn't test everything, but you can get 1a, 3b, igdr, and 6bBE. 4B BE is blockable.

3A+B doesn't feel any different. BBB connects no matter the distance and 2B+K is always a tech trap.

4kk:B+K is godlike on walls. 3B w 4kk:b+k igdr igdr 2a+b i believe was 120 damage without cleanhits. And that's without meter!

Cervy is fucking top tier without a doubt now.

I can't believe BT B+K can connect to 3B launch again. I use to abuse this back in sc4. I had a problem adjusting to SCV cervantes first week because BT B+K didn't connect to 3B launch. I'm soo happy this is back.

BT B+K, 3B, 8B+K, 2A+B goodness ^^. This combo roughly does 80 damage.
BT B+K, 3B, 8B+K, IGDR 83 damage. First combo has easier input and only 3 damage off.

I like the new changes apart from the iGDR buffer shit.
Since they remove Step-G guys, Cervy players should be happy because 1A,B is going hit alot more than you think now. With Step-G, that move hardly hits on CH.

Hello,
I have a question for pro cervy players. I'm getting weird results for one of the combos and I was wondering if I could have Your opinion on this. btw I'm a casual player ;)

anyway, here's the combo: BT B+K, 6B BE, B+K, (facing left) 11/77B (riot storm).
Now, normally it deals 84 dmg (90 on clean hit). But, when training dummy is set to 'ukemi, then guard', when I delay slightly riot storm, I get 119 dmg, 132 on clean hit, with only half a meter used o.O
If the dummy is set to 'stand up then guard', it always gets 84-90 dmg, it connects even if the delay is like 1 sec, so there's no danger messing up here.
However, the delayed riot storm does not always work on 'ukemi -> guard'. Sometimes it connects, sometimes it whiffs. I can't really tell if it whiffs because of my messed up timing (delay was too long), or if this is not a true combo and the opponent can roll out of it in some direction.
I would appreciate any insight regarding this issue. Maybe there is a frame window when You can delay riot storm to get 119-132 but still make it a non-whiffing combo?
[edit: dmg numbers are blue, so system at least sees the delayed riot as a part of the combo]
thanks in advance
cheers!

Cervy is insane now.

BT B+K now guarantees 3B, and it isn't shakeable. As far as I can tell shakeable stuns were removed completely. I still tried to shake the stun, and I couldn't. I didn't test everything, but you can get 1a, 3b, igdr, and 6bBE. 4B BE is blockable.

3A+B doesn't feel any different. BBB connects no matter the distance and 2B+K is always a tech trap.

4kk:B+K is godlike on walls. 3B w 4kk:b+k igdr igdr 2a+b i believe was 120 damage without cleanhits. And that's without meter!

Cervy is fucking top tier without a doubt now.

Yep he is right. Dont know why the other guy from PSN said its shakeable, its definetely not...sorry for the misinformation.

Still 4KK:B+K only connects after 3B on wallhit. Not after 66B, 1BB, WS B etc....

Overall good Patch for Cervantes, but apart from BT B+K giving a easy Combo now (More important is now you get a 3B wallsplat on walls, not 66B anymore which doesnt combo well), i think 4KK is pretty worthless. Other chars get the same walldamage by pressing the same button 3 times. 120 DMG is not good for a wallcombo at all.

When you spent one CE, 3B into 6A+B is still the best Wallcombo. And it doesnt rely on the not too easy JF of 4KK.

Double Post:

BT B+K also guarantees 1BB, which on a wall gives BT B+K, 1BB, 66B, 1A:B, iGDR for 125 DMG, no BE no Clean Hit and pretty easy. Also BBB instead of 1AB is close to 120 DMG. BBB seems more reliable against some chars.

No, it's not, cause 90% of the people who post in this thread have been playing him for years and like the character. We played all the versions of him because we liked him, not because this is his best version and he's top tier. So no, it's totally not cool

Is it okay for me to bump Cervs up from 2ndary to 1st String? He was my main character in 4. Can I join the club?

Hello,
I have a question for pro cervy players. I'm getting weird results for one of the combos and I was wondering if I could have Your opinion on this. btw I'm a casual player ;)

anyway, here's the combo: BT B+K, 6B BE, B+K, (facing left) 11/77B (riot storm).
Now, normally it deals 84 dmg (90 on clean hit). But, when training dummy is set to 'ukemi, then guard', when I delay slightly riot storm, I get 119 dmg, 132 on clean hit, with only half a meter used o.O
If the dummy is set to 'stand up then guard', it always gets 84-90 dmg, it connects even if the delay is like 1 sec, so there's no danger messing up here.
However, the delayed riot storm does not always work on 'ukemi -> guard'. Sometimes it connects, sometimes it whiffs. I can't really tell if it whiffs because of my messed up timing (delay was too long), or if this is not a true combo and the opponent can roll out of it in some direction.
I would appreciate any insight regarding this issue. Maybe there is a frame window when You can delay riot storm to get 119-132 but still make it a non-whiffing combo?
[edit: dmg numbers are blue, so system at least sees the delayed riot as a part of the combo]
thanks in advance
cheers!
Delaying the 11_77B allows for your opponent to be able to attempt to ukemi out of the combo effectively turning it into what is known as a tech trap. When your opponent attempts to ukemi the wrong way out of a tech trap the get hit for a reset amount of damage as well as a possible launcher, stun, etc. The reason why it whiff sometimes is because it will only catch tech in a certain direction. Meaning if your opponent was to tech in that direction every time he would get out of it every single time. But from what you're explaining the instant version is a combo. So as long as you don't delay at all it should hit every time.

Also: I'm on the bandwagon. At least for a secondary. But I still miss JF teleports. ;[

Its not really Patch related, but since this thread is active...fuck Voldos Hitbox, so many random 4B BE whiffs. Also on Algol....i havent seen this prepatch, but also didnt play those chars much. Against Voldo it just completely whiffs through opponent. Also 11AA second hit whiffs a lot through people...think we need one of those mimimimimim whine threads about glitches etc.

Back