Cervantes Q&A / General Discussion

Dragoon did you try 214:4? maybe try that for iTP. BTW thanx a million for telling me this and I'm happy with the most of the info you're telling.

Also the DC K there's a DC kB:B follow up.

Unfortunately, I didn't. Though that would be a weird input, considering that it would literally be 214~5:4. If I can go tomorrow, I'll try that. As for DC K, I couldn't pull the follow up, but I would love to see it and check if the stun is still shakeable on hit. (Which honestly make 421kB:B worthless)

when you say his 1AB is fast would you say it's a invisible low now because that would be great

So while 1K is now changed, it seems to combo after throws or situations? Unless the combo meter in this game counts un-guaranteed combos (which makes no sense). I guess it's not terrible, the other low is 2K or DC K (the old Tiger Knee kick) so it's not like we got that much.

I keep forgetting to test Cervy's CE. It's an UB high gunshot that you can use to punish if you buffer (I think). Pretty sure you can combo in certain CH situations (seems to be the case with other CE)?

I don't think DC A goes quicker, but it might because the whole game seems slightly quicker? Or maybe that's just my memory. I dunno, H GC is not exactly the sauce. :/

I didn't test TC for 1A, he does seem to duck. I totally forgot about 1aB+K (I'm so old all the SC commands mush together in my head throughout all the games lol)

He has a new move (to me at least), 3A+B is now some double hit move (I think you can hit B afterwards? or you only get the 2nd hit on counter? That happens for lots of Ezio's moves so I figure it can happen for other characters.)

iGDR is definitely back, I just suck at doing it apparently. I think there is a BE version (there seems to be a BE version of like all the old JFs, like Manji Carve Fist for example).

A+K doesn't auto gi, I forgot what it does (if anything).
B+K is vertical counter. I forgot about 4A+K but 22K or whatever that kick is has auto-gi properties. It's nice in this game it says "GI" when you do a move with auto-gi properties (like Kiba's staff B+K, etc).

Cervy's command throw is back (g+A) but it's a BE now so you need to do like g+A, A+B+K or something like that.

There is actually a MOVE LIST in the game right now for every character but the NamcoBandai booth guys don't like people holding up the line and looking through them. I will try to get a pic or video of the Cervy BE page at least, it shows he has BE for 8A+B among other things. (Testing BE properties is annoying because you need meter and there's no training mode with unlimited meter.)

It was hard testing stuff as some people are just beasting with combos into CE and stuff XD. Now that I don't have to root on my friends in their pools I will try to do more tomorrow.

Doing as the topic says here are more in-game footages to observe. Thanx to TagUrPregnant for recording and uploading this.
BTW as DRAGOON posted Cervy's SC3 2P has returned. I know I'll be grabbing hold of the gold bucket and tweaking to my favourite colours I had back in SC3.

Awesome, so happy. 22B Charged into unblockable looks linear like hell but maybe we can work with it...the player should have used Cervys B+K and A+K against the Charges...so good to have the Auto Gis back!

4b(BE) looks a little slower than iGDR since you can see the 4b animation first, but it looks to be advantage on block which is awsome. I don't like how BT B+K knock down now, im hoping the new 22B uncharged is as fast as 8A+B:B+K from sc4 because that'll probably be the go to move after iGDR and CH3B if it still gives the same ground splat. I'm kinda curious as to how much damage a combo like 3B 8B+K CE would do since his CE looks kinda weak in damage.

I know from playing earlier this month that the game looks different in person than it does on videos. That being said, you gotta tell me, does that 1p costume look as queer in person as it does in the screenshots and vids? Also see how much you can get away with using ghetto b2 block shenanigans if you play today.

Added stuff to OP. But, first things first.

@KowTow I believe he does look better in-game as his costume is much darker than in the 3D render. But I still would go to 2P first.

@babalook Yes, 4B (BE) is slower since I got interrupted a lot while trying to punish with it. But, since I was messing up inputs already, it may not be as bad as it currently looks.

@franman There's nothing (that I tried) comes out of DC dash, not even 4B+K, but that's been changed already. I mostly used the dash to cut down on space. It does need to be tested some more as he appears to techjump during the animation.

He seems a bit slow compared with the speed overhaul of other characters like Nightmare. I struggled to be a bit competent with Cerv in SCIV but this seems the same old, I can't see anything fresh enough in the SCV version to repeat again.

And the critical edge is just a gunshot? For real?

after watching noface useing cervy at scr i noticed his new B+G(?) grab is like his 44aB but splat the opponent on the ground like 8A+B:B+K and seem to combo into 2B+K/4B (BE) which i like alot. Also his CE can be ducked on reaction after the cutscene so it'll be for punishment and combos only. Also the new(old i guess) 2A+B hits grounded and knds on NH (seems to combo into 2K) and his new 1K is awfull. Would have really liked to see more BEs.

His other BEs are as follows:

WS A+B BE: His old FC A+BBBBBBB

22A BE: His old 11AB, except the B gives advantage on block

A+G BE: His old Command throw

Basically I decided that they aren't worth using, unless WS A+B BE/22A BE gives some sort of guaranteed damage that I am unaware of. I prefer his 4B BE cuz it leaves you close to them, whereas the others push out.

As for grabs, meter is better spent on comboing his B+G into 4B BE. It gives better wakeups.

NOTE: 3B 4B (BE) CE is about 50% health. Enjoy, kids.

i willing to bet a blocked FC A+B BE guarantees a CE, also i really hope his new 3A+B doesn't have the same frames on block that WR A in sc4 has since it ends in the same animation

I think his BEs look damn good from the list. If his old FC A+BBB is still 80 DMG its still sick good. Right now to me its seams his CE wont be used that much...its not much damage and damage scale will reduce it more in combos....it looks like we might go for safe Combos without it, spare the meter for GB Attacks with BE.

Also the new Grab is his old grab from SC1, it guaranteed a 11B with btw is a lot damage still as you can see in the vids...maybe the same now in SC5.

Cant wait to play him.

Back