Cervantes Q&A / General Discussion

Nope NarokKurai thats not it. Let me explain

In sf4 that are links were you have to press the buttons with a 1 frame window at same cases. Take for example Ryu/Akuma crouching light punch (aka cr.lp, +5 on hit) combo'd with crouching medium kick (aka cr.mk, 5f startup), but its not reliable at all to spam the second move, instead you do it with pure timing.
Now, by inputing 2medium kick~light kick almost simultaneously, but not really that, if done right the game will read 2mk and the another 2mk+lk at the following frame thus making your one frame link a two frame link and much more reliable.
If you wanna get a visual check

Now i believe the same thing exists in sc5 (thats why i need confirmation. One guy already did but its not nearly enough ;s).
by pressing 214+b~G (again B+G ALMOST simultaneously), the game will read: 2, 1, 4+B, 4+B+G, pretty much giving you twice as many 4B's that the JF requires.
Now gogo test and let me know if its in my mind or not ;p

and btw, blocking will NEVER happen by inputing B+G if you ever get to DC :P Destined to self ring out

ummm I don't think it's true man.. It's just as hard as it would be doing reguler iGDR with 214B...
However I think you're using a Stick?

After testing in the lab for a bit, I don't think the p-link actually works. I could be wrong, but here are the results of my testing:

When you plink 214 bB+G, take a look at the input display. In order for iGDR to come out, you would need to get the "4" and "B" on the same frame and therefore the same spot on the input display. Assuming the plink works, it will also be acceptable for the "4" and "A+B" to take the same spot on the input display.

When doing the plink, I get one of 3 possible input displays (I put inputs that take the same spot in brackets to clarify):
1. 21 (4B) B+G: iGDR comes out and the B+G is disregarded.

2. 21 (1B) (4B+G): basically I input the plink 1f faster than in the first scenario. With this input, Cervy does a 1B instead of iGDR. The 4B+G is completely disregarded.

3. 214 (4B) (4B+G): basically I input the plink 1f slower than in the first scenario. With this input, Cervy does an empty Dread Charge stance (unless you input something past the B+G).

Basically, the iGDR only comes out when you get "4" and "B" on the exact same frame or spot on the input display. It is possible to get an iGDR with the input 21 (4B+G), but in scenario 2, the 1B is registered earlier which is why that is the final outcome.

Aham. Ofc i thought about that before, but after getting iGDR with a higher % using this method i hoped it wasnt just scumbag brain :P

Now after more testing i can see that Narokkurai was righ that if you input the igdr with B~G you will not get DC B. Ill settle for this as i already can do iGDR quite easily. So, fuck you guys lol.
Also i noticed you cant go to DC if you are hold G which was another great way to fool your brain and get more igdr :P

Unlimited thanx for sharing info on execution with p-link. Not sure what p-link is lol.

Anyways with regards to iGDR I think it maybe fair to say that even with a solid iGDR execution I think the game is bound to make you mess up iGDR @ some point.

Why I say this? During training mode I recorded myself performing an iGDR execution. So I recorded it and press Select + :G: for playback. He did do iGDR many times but there are times when he just goes into GDR and I think he also does some random vertical attack. It's also to note that if I press the playback in rapid successions he would do some random vertical attack. Slowing down the playback command is what I can make most of iGDR but there are a few errors.

So all I'm saying is that the game itself does not allow consistent iGDR level of execution.

So all I'm saying is that the game itself does not allow consistent iGDR level of execution.

i can not believe this. As always the CPU cant do some moves when they are buffered in blockstuns etc, iGDR is one of them, also aB was never possible in SC4. iGDR was always buggy when you record it.

i can not believe this. As always the CPU cant do some moves when they are buffered in blockstuns etc, iGDR is one of them, also aB was never possible in SC4. iGDR was always buggy when you record it.
Ah okay bad theory my bad. However you're already aware of my level of execution; even with such level of confidence there are times when I felt I did the right thing executing iGDR based on muscle memory and it didn't pull off.

I kinda felt what kowtow was saying when he got mad not executing iGDR and missing some opportunities but for me being loyal with Cervy part of that is to make-up as best as you could for that margin of error.

I agree I've done iGDR many times and it would seem it won't let me do it everytime. I think it's from inputting it to fast however. If you take you time with the iGDR it self you usually wont have the problem. Simply because you all know it's not based on how fast you input the move, it's on how fast you connect B with 4. ~> 214:B, EX: You could do 2....1....4:B Just make sure you're connecting the B if you input the command 214:B over and over and try and do it fast as you possibly can there is a high chance the computer will not read it because it's only a computer and you're talking about a directional stick/pad here. It's just an opinion but I'm honestly pretty sure it's the reason.

Yeah, I've gone into training mode, and sometimes, such as landing a first iGDR, I need to delay my second input, because even though the input chart says I hit it perfectly, only a regular GDR comes out.

Lol guys, if you mess up iGDR its your fault. Just make sure you wait after the first one, you have plenty of time. Animation of first iGDR needs to be finished and after the second one just do 2A+B, way better Wakeup than triple iGDR.

Anyone want to tell me what I'm messing up here? --

Decided I'd give Cerv a whirl, and can currently perform iGDR with around 70% consistency after about an hour or so...but I can't land the 2nd iGDR in a combo for the life of me. I am waiting for the recovery of the first, and the command history is displaying my input as 214+b , just as you would get for an iGDR...however, despite what the command history says, I'm getting the standard dread charge version on the 2nd try.

I'm probably just awful, or messing up something that I'm unaware of, but if anyone could shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.

Thank Tomo! I was indeed doing it slightly too early...I didn't expect them to have to be THAT close to the ground ><. I got it immediately after :).

Now for another question:

if that's the timing for the 2nd iGDR...do i just do the 3rd one instantly, or...? (they're already pretty close to the ground at the end of the animation?)

Thank Tomo! I was indeed doing it slightly too early...I didn't expect them to have to be THAT close to the ground ><. I got it immediately after :).

Now for another question:

if that's the timing for the 2nd iGDR...do i just do the 3rd one instantly, or...? (they're already pretty close to the ground at the end of the animation?)

The 3rd is a similar timing to the 2nd, but I'm not sure it's the best option. You can use a different move to allow for an oki setup, the damage difference at that point isn't huge. It was said in one of these threads recently, ending the combo with another iGDR actually puts you at a disadvantage, apparently Patsuka can even punish it. Personally I use 2A+B at the end of my combos, but there might be a better option.

I'll stick with the 2A+B then, since I'd rather have the oki options available unless the damage difference means a kill. Now I just need to keep practicing, and then actually use all of this in matches instead of on a dummy until I get really comfortable with it.

Thanks again for the help!

Back