Cervantes SCV Patch Wishlist Thread

Tanegashima

[09] Warrior
Updated March 1, 2012
So basically I've updated the thread by adding the word patch to it.

So any1 who wishes to share any ideas for the next patch update go right ahead.

No one had made a topic to discuss what moves people want our favorite immortal pirate to have, so I figured I would get the ball rolling. Not a meaty post but I am more interested in hearing everyones ideas. All aboard the hype train, people!

I want his B+K and A+K aGIs back. In SCIV, they were basically useless and offered at most a throw mix-up.
Remove 4A+B and 3B:B/3B:4B and return 1a:B+K and 6B+K.
Have more options for DC or make them all cancelable.

hopefully iGDR leads to more damage or is less unsafe, iTP goes through the opponent regardless of there size

Hell no, I don't want him to be broken or even top tier. I don't want a bandwagon w/him, I like seeing people play Cervantes over the years cause they actually like him

A little more serious this time... there are moves I've seen from Cervy that have initial teleports and turns into attack such as 4A+B, 4B+K/4[B+K] etc. that would've been nice if they were based on DC into teleport especially iTP.

So I'm say'n in order to do 4A+B instead of 4A+B do DC -> teleport A+B or iTP A+B; looks complicated input-wise but to me it makes sense.

A little more serious this time... there are moves I've seen from Cervy that have initial teleports and turns into attack such as 4A+B, 4B+K/4[B+K] etc. that would've been nice if they were based on DC into teleport especially iTP.

So I'm say'n in order to do 4A+B instead of 4A+B do DC -> teleport A+B or iTP A+B; looks complicated input-wise but to me it makes sense.

So, instead of moves like 4A+B and 4B+K, have them only come out after DC? Sounds cool, but considering those moves are already linear, adding DC in front of them might result in a lot of people just sidestepping it.

Honestly, I thought SC4 Cervantes was perfect. He had every tool he needed to win. Even if he wasn't as good as SC3 Cervantes, in the right hands, he was a monster. I hope he doesn't suck like SC2 Cervantes. SC2 was flashy and all, and I loved his iBT mixups (I remember me and Kowtow playing at Clash 05 lol), he was very hard to win w/at the highest level. Never a reason to duck against him:(

So, instead of moves like 4A+B and 4B+K, have them only come out after DC? Sounds cool, but considering those moves are already linear, adding DC in front of them might result in a lot of people just sidestepping it.
True but that's when iTP comes in handy given the properties of the teleport are good enough to dodge even the most basic quick attacks. In other words iTP is good for baiting the opponent when he or she is about to attack you. However, I'm concerned about iTP going behind the opponent if teleportation has reached such level.

I agree with you that his DC should have more options especially JF options which can branch off to even more options. I even want his dash-in from SC2 to return with additional attack options from it not just B+K.
Isn't he usually ridiculous?

Back in the original Calibur he wasn't a member of the arcade version's cast and when he made it to the home version, he was completely broken.
You've got to excuse me on that one I was only trolling... I only played SC2 from then onward but from what I hear back then Cervy was ridiculous.

True but that's when iTP comes in handy given the properties of the teleport are good enough to dodge even the most basic quick attacks. In other words iTP is good for baiting the opponent when he or she is about to attack you. However, I'm concerned about iTP going behind the opponent if teleportation has reached such level.

I agree with you that his DC should have more options especially JF options which can branch off to even more options. I even want his dash-in from SC2 to return with additional attack options from it not just B+K.

If iTP has any improvements from SC4, having those followups will be greatly welcomed. And considering that I prefer his DC dash over TP, he could have that and maybe still be in DC after the dash. So, he could followup with 4B+K, iGDR, etc. Also, I would love more moves that transition into DC (i.e. 4A+B on hit)

I wouldn't be surprised if they took away all teleport and GDR stuff to go with his homo ass new cosmopolitan human lookin ass. If you try to input the commands for those old moves he'll just be like ugh whatevers, girlfriend!

p.s. in case you couldn't tell, I'm anxiously awaiting his 2p outfit.

GDR is in. You can see it from the pictures released. And I'm happy that he is. Cervantes isn't Cervantes without GDR, even tho it's been mostly a useless move in the past.

Back