Cervantes Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny Changes

Dr. Hates

Jerk.
A few of my early observations. Please feel free to add once you know more.

iGDR 28B follow-up is now iGDR 8B.

3B, iGDR, 8B is now ~75 damage.

iGDR, 22B, 8A+K, iGDR 8B is now ~77-80 damage.

3K:B+K and 4KK:B+K now guarantee 3B on normal hit.

3A:B, 2B+K no longer seems to combo.

Overall damage seems increased on many things, in particular wall combos (look for 66B->W! to give you 140ish).

With his armor completely destroyed, Cervantes looks like Charlton Heston from The 10 Commandments.

Nice....looks like they make inputs easier for the psp...:P

Did you just test the 3K and 4KK Jfs? Does 8A+B:B+K also give a free 3B?
Did you check his CT? Any new Moves? What does his new GB look like?

Im not sure why im asking, im not gonna buy this.

bam, doc.

3K:B+K and 4KK:B+K now guarantee 3B on normal hit.
It was always guaranteed. I used this in tournaments all the time and never had it blocked.

However, his damage increase is making my cock stand up right now. I'm looking forward to see what you come up w/Hates for 66B->W! to equal 140.

Thanks for the updates brother

Nori the JFs just give you +15 on NH, so you DONT get a free 3B unless its COUNTERHIT :P

Only BT B+K gives you a free 3B on NH....3K:B+K, 4K:B+K, 8A+B:B+K and 8[B+K] just guarantee all moves till i15...

Oh ok. I've been pretty damn lucky then, cause they've ALL been CH. Either now, now it's guaranteed, which is pretty awesome.

what about Cervy's teleportation?

Does his iTP cover the same distance as TP?

Can his iTP dodge faster moves?

Can he iTP and TP easily behind all opponents?

anymore on his teleports would be nice including other things would be nice.

Better step in combination with more Damage out ouf whiffpunishers should be enough for Cervy...risk/reward of iGDR is not in Cervys favour in SC4...

BTW i know Talim can be tough...but you could have shown his new GB in that match :P

greets, doc.

Can iGDR tech jump over lows? Try tech jumping over Sophie's 236 AA or Kilik's 66AA on the second A with iGDR.

Can iGDR tech jump over lows? Try tech jumping over Sophie's 236 AA or Kilik's 66AA on the second A with iGDR.

This. I totally understand it not crushing highs AND lows like in SC3, so long as they understand they fucked up with Kilik lol. But it should at least still do lows, HE IS IN THE AIR.

Well this is what I got so far

3A:B ~ 8A+K no longer combos(smaller launcher)

All forms of BT B+K(except for 8B+K) now combo into 3B or 66B on NH

At tip range, CH 3B does a fallback stun

iCT does 70(one more point! >.>)

At tip, 2A does 12 dmg

Almost all attacks have been buffed, except like two attacks that were nerfed(4A does 15 instead of 17 on NH, 4B,K does 15, 20 instead of 16, 22, normal BT B+K does 15 instead of 20)

O yea, cervys wall dmg is scary(66B, W!, 2A+B, WS A, 4KK, W!, 66B pulling roughly 149 instead of 113)

Can you check any Frame Data changes??

Is 11K still unsafe?
bK still 0 on Block?
3B and 2A+B still -14??

Thanks for the infos btw.

Weird that they'd single out the 8a+b:b+k to not guarantee 3b, it's not like it's all that fast or anything.

Also look to see what 1k gives him on hit, and just for fun see if 241kB,B is any different lol. It'd be cool if it was actually useful.

hey Berni,

seems like nobody is interested in Cervy :) My bigger concern is how to perform it with only 2 B buttons, but im sure they made it easier just like iMCF etc...

And btw sorry for not answering you mails on Live, my 360 had a ROD and so i wasnt online for a long time :P

greets,doc.

Yeah I heard about them making iDickpunch easier for Yoshi, I imagine even THEY realize certain concessions have to be made for pad. If we do see a console patch, hopefully they won't make it that easy.

I'll try and test stuff out when Buffalo peoples get the game this week. I don't have a PSP of my own, so I'll be a little limited in actual testing time, I'll get what I can. Also don't be surprised if I don't test FC A+B, I doubt Chach wants me hammering on his PSP buttons. Q.Q

Back