Cervy Openers & Combos Discussion

Early Christmas present:

CH 421K->2B+K is the best damage, I believe.
11AB (B hits)->2+K also seems to be the best guaranteed damage.

3A+B is way better than b2 as the 11AA Followup.

b2 as a AT is Bullshit in SC4 unless you use it to RO. Where the fuck is the Damage? Anybody remember its SC DC Damage? I know against some Characters 3A+B has also some fluctuations in hitting when both A connects from Close Range, but Close Range is not when to use 11AA imo.

you can also go for iGDR, especially when only the second A hits, still about 60 Damage afair.

And BTW: Does anybody use iGDR Relaunch after ch 2A+B?? Im not sure whether it works on all Characters, but when i played against Taki the last day i could do ch 2A+B~iGDR~22B~etc etc....its not more Damage if they dont tech, but it gives you some additional Ring Out possibilities, like iGDR RO over small Walls etc etc. Maybe you should habe a look inti it.

Doesn't CH 2a+b, WS A, 4kk (wall) 3b ring out over small walls as well? Or does the angle mess it up? If the iGDR gives you more reliable RO over short walls than the first combo, I can see having a place for that. Or use it against people that you think will go "OMG iGDR is FREEEEEEEEE???" and panic about it, haha. When I see big combos now in this game, the first thing I do is go "hah, no damage" for stuff like this.

You gotta be right about the 3B RO. I remember doing a ch 2A+B~iGDR~b2 RO, but if youre near the Edge you gotta be carefull with the iGDR or you gonna RO yourself, watch the Angle etc....but since you have time after iGDR you can take your position for b2 or 22A/88A, which both can Ringout, too.

I often try to iGDR People when im parallel to the Ring Edge and then RO them either with 88A or 22A or b2 whatever. Of course its risky, but if you first go for ch 2A+B, maybe after a b2/44A bait you can minimize the risk.

Either i never did iGDR after ch 2A+B in the past or i just forgot that it connects, but im sure its a "Whooo....WTF!" moment if you RO somebody like that, since you dont have any RO possibilities after 2A+B.

Hm...

GDR, [G], 22_88B, 8A+K, iGDR, 28B does 108 dmg IIRC

And I'm pretty sure that the 22_88B is guaranteed after the GDR.

did anybody know that you can do this with cervantes
iDGR 8A+B:B+K then if they tech any direction but left 22B picks them up then you can do another iDGR so it looks like this iDGR 8A+B:B+K 22B iDGR for about 103 damage

Yep this is known for quite a long time, youll only get that damage output if you catch him teching wrong. Actually im doing this from time to time.

oh ive never seen another player use it so i didnt but your probably pretty decent if you can get this of
wanna get some matches in?

Of yourse you can add me, but i dont think we'll have a decent connection. California-Germany is not perfect for online Matches. You dont see people doing this because in Tournament you wanna go for safe Damage. Lets wait a few months till the few Cervyplayers out there have perfect execution....maybe than we'll see some ch 3B~8A+B:B+K~iGDR28B stuff, which is ok to do with some practice.

i use that combo but somtimes the 28B dosnt connect cause the 8A+B:B+K pushes them to far im trying to figure out haw to stop that but its hard online

Back