Cervy Openers & Combos Discussion

I'm training for several characters and I'd like to know a condensed list of Cervantes' best combos, as well as his best openers. Could someone plz help me?

I'm training for several characters and I'd like to know a condensed list of Cervantes' best combos, as well as his best openers. Could someone plz help me?
Training w/several chars is never a good idea. Cervantes isn't a safe char, so openers should be holding guard. Seriously, if you throw something out w/him and they block it, it will probably hurt.

3B, 8a+k, 3a+b is the staple, good wakeup, decent damage combo for Cervantes.

iGDR, 22_88B, 8A+K, iGDR84

3B CH, i214B+K

Use 1K a lot. Throw a lot

WS A, 4KK (or WS A, aK for wakup to BT 2K or BT B+K which leads to iGDR or 3B)

2A+B CH, WS A into either 4KK or aK

Should be good for now

Are you trying to learn a whole bunch of chars or learning how to fight against them? In the latter case (which seems more probable), shouldn't you be asking more about setups/punishment capability/unsafeness/general anti-strats instead of openers/combos?
1A WR BB, 1A 33B, BT 2K WR BB, BT 2K 33B, 2[B+K] (shakeable) iGDR (It's kind of a noob move but it's something to be on guard for.).

3B 8A+B:B+K 11AA iGDR
iGDR 22B 22A this write here is good for wall combos or to scare them and get another 22B this is from 1p if you do it from 2p its 88A
Didn't feel like searching through all the combos to find this one sorry if its already known :)

Some of this stuff is getting pretty esoteric. Slightly more practical: 33A, iGDR, 28B -> 75ish damage

11B can be avoided by shaking the stun, 4KK can be ACed.

Nothing guaranteed after dictator slide on ch.

how do i 'shake to stun' ?? I keep on getting stunned by other ppl and dont know how to do that :P

You shake your controller furiously while claiming to know another UB for Algol.

Alternatively, you can mash on any non-diagonal direction. For example, I take my hand off the d-pad and wiggle the stick while holding block. So: [G] 456545654 etc...

this move is a combo move if you use it online i beleive it's just as annoying as 2KB offline this move normally gets blocked.

Back