Character Creation Teaser Trailer For Soulcalibur V

Today Namco Bandai released a teaser for the character creation mode that will be in Soulcalibur V. Tago-san gives an introduction into all of the things that you will now be able to do to customize for your character all the way down to the whites in their eyes in this much improved version over the one that was in Soulcalibur IV.

You can watch the trailer video after the break. Also, sometime at the end of November, Project Soul will have their next broadcast where they will demo the character creation mode, create a few characters, and fight some matches using those characters. Stay tuned to the 8WayRun.com front page to find out when once those details have been made available.

Special thanks to MasterMaxim for the tip!

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as they aren't releasing it against one of the hottest titles in recent memory
619315_195325.jpg

FUUUUUUU

This makes me actually want to create a custom character finally. I'm going to have so much dam fun with this. I hope they put a lot of old costumes from previous Soul Caliburs in the character creation mode. I want to use voldo's SC3 Sun and Moon costume! :O​

I wonder if they're re-setting the hitboxes for each style in each of the different sizes ~Which I hope ~

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!

I love how you can FINALLY distort the voices now instead of just lowering the pitch of their voice. And I was too distracted to notice Yoshimitsu's style. I'm gonna have to watch it again. If this confirms that he's back, then the roster is pretty much complete. Soul Calibur wouldn't be Soul Calibur without that cool yet crazy bastard.

You could be a fat guy in 3...

I really hope "Legendary Souls" is a meaty mode based around CAS characters, it would SUCK to have nothing to do with such a expansive system.

For those totally concerned with height and hitboxes:

bodytype2.jpg

bodytype3.jpg

bodytype4.jpg

bodytype5.jpg
To be honest, the height selection doesn't seem as bad as most people on this site thought. It'd be more concerning if players were to freely choose whatever height they wanted or if they could choose how long limbs could be. More than anything, those sets were chosen because they had the best balance with the rest of the game and had the least impact on alternating hitboxes. However, even these pictures indicate that hitboxes will still play a factor in their gameplay. The question now is how big will that difference be?

Back