Character Creator is Amazing. Show your characters!

Jakajantiamu

[11] Champion
The new character creator is the most robust one yet, it is truely amazing what you can do with it.

At first when I heard about patterns and dohickies that could be attached to characters I was a little unimpressed.

Then I heard that there weren't many new items, and that the new UI is less intuitive than Soul Calibur 4's UI, and you know what? Coloring wise I gotta agree with that.

However I was really impressed with the way you can customize every bit of your characters body, as well as have more coloring and other customizations than what I have seen in other games. Here is a result of me making my vision of Talim using Soul of Natsu's fighting style.

This was fun to make, I was more guided by my own personal preferences of having been a Talim player since SC2. She always showed belly, almost always she wore a shoulderless top, and everything looked pretty loose but she had a little metal here and there, Oh and I like bows, so I threw three of them on her to add some color :P

By the way it was cooler than I thought to take a picture of my character and set a background for the character select screen. I'm glad that Project Soul put so much work into this aspect of the game.

Yes the indian head dress seemed a little odd, but hey 17 years passed, she went around and you know Talim has never had the best fashion sense anyway right? I felt the feathers and all looked cool for a wind priestess theme anyhow.

I had a lot of fun here, you need to look closely to see but I put added texture on every single piece of clothing and bow here, even the red gem on her neck chain has little gold sparkles in it! Most of the patterns I did were kinda subtle like the white top and bottom having a snowflake pattern that is just to shades of white different, For example the main body had a color setting of 0,0,2 where the pattern snowflakes were 0,0,0. Oh the bracelet on her wrist could not take a pattern, but it is pretty and bright.

Here is some work I did with her shoes, I added some gold flakes into the red cloth, and put a little heart shape pattern with three similar shades of blue into the bow on her foot. I never expected to be able to go into this kind of detail while making a character. A friend of mine made a really cool cow girl recently and gave her a gun and holster and everything, but this is really more about my Talim, cause she is the best and all.

Originally this outfit showed way too much skin in the back, it still kind of does but I was able to reduce it by having her wear a bikini as an undergarmet, I added a striped pattern to it in red, white, and gold, some of Talim's colors that I felt were lacking a little elsewhere.

I had a little bit too much fun with the red and pink hearts on the bow on her backside, teeheehee.

So it was kind of tough to include all of her colors, but with a little creativity I was able to do that. I have not even messed with the body prints or clothing decals, they look a little difficult to work with, but have a lot of potential if you can master em.

Oh for voice I chose "young lady" and added +2 to the "tone"? I think, it was the bottom of the two voice adjusting sliders.

Anyway I hope you all like my Talim! What characters have you guys made?

Ah - lol - Well she might have "went around" If that is what the wind told her to do, but I don't imagine she would do so quite like that.

You know, with Yunsung and Talim both missing from this game - hmmm...... Who knows what could be happening?

Yeah.

Galo Sengen.

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
galo sengen.PNG

Nah, just took some rearranging of the kanji and some layering of the circles. Finding a good L was the hardest part.

It's no where near as good as SCIV's CCEDIT. Most of the items don't seem to blend well; like the Hakama and Sleeveless Kimono.

First great looking character, I hope to play against it sometime.

Second, I'm not sure where to ask this so I'll ask here. Are there any unlockable ankle or wrist accessories? I just want a gold ring, simple as that, on her left ankle and wrist. Please tell me there is something...

First great looking character, I hope to play against it sometime.

Second, I'm not sure where to ask this so I'll ask here. Are there any unlockable ankle or wrist accessories? I just want a gold ring, simple as that, on her left ankle and wrist. Please tell me there is something...

Take a look up at Galo. That bracelet's unlocked in the level 15 range, I believe.

Ankle accessories, not so sure. There's probably a few, but I haven't encountered any yet.

Take a look up at Galo. That bracelet's unlocked in the level 15 range, I believe.

Ankle accessories, not so sure. There's probably a few, but I haven't encountered any yet.
Thanks, that bracelet is perfect. God I hope there is something for the ankles, just a simple gold bracelet is all I need, like an ankle ring.

I use the pants that cut off mid-shin with no shoes so below shins is all bare, I would like something ya know?

It's no where near as good as SCIV's CCEDIT. Most of the items don't seem to blend well; like the Hakama and Sleeveless Kimono.

Hm, I found those to be working excessively well, espcially the sleeveless kimono.

Truthfully the art style got a little less shiny, a lot sharper, and characters don't look quite as young as they used to, even the youngest female face in 5 looks older than in 4. It's just a slight change in direction to look more realistic.

Eh, note I am a fan of things being able to look shiny and such as in 4's but I love all the customizations that are there in 5. There are ways it could be made better such as letting me rotate the camera more, maybe remove the black line near the bottom of the screen, or zoom in more to see details better, but overall it is super.

Okay so here is what I did for the top Mighty just cause you asked.

Recipe for my Talim is.

C1: etc indicates what is in the block color wise.
P will indicate if there is a pattern used for that color slot on the item.

Item Pattern/Color value

War Bonnet C1: 0/2/2, C2: 3/23/23, C3: 5/2/16
Bikini with Pareo C1:P Oriental 6, 9/53/10, 0/0/2, 3/9/3
Dancer's Top C1:P: Modern 20, 9/0/0, 9/0/2, C2:P Modern 15 9/0/2, 0/0/2 Change C2:P to max size.
Embroidered Drawers C1:P Modern 20, 0/0/3, 0/0/0, C2 5/23/23 Change C1P size to 75% of max
Sash Ribbon C1:P Modern 7, 5/2/16, 5/2/6, 5/2/14 size 30%
Cordierite Necklace C1 7/9/8, C2: Modern 19, 9/2/20, 9/23/10 good luck seeing sparkles, max pattern size.
Rosary Bracelet C1: 4/9/16, C2: 9/1/15
Vagrant's Waraji C1:P Modern 19, 7/2/20, 9/11/11, C2: 5/22/23, C3: 0/0/0, C4: 9/11/11

Bow locations are on HER left or right not yours.

Bow, Covers right breast, C1:P Modern 18, 7/23/23, 9/11/11, Max size on this pattern.
Bow, On outside of left shoe, C1: P Modern 7, 9/38/11, 9/38/15, 0/0/00
Bow, On left leg/thigh C1:P Modern 18, 9/38/15, 9,11,11 I think I used the hip slot for this bow, max size on this pattern.
Skin C1: 8/6/5
Undergarmet not that it matters C1: 0/0.0
Hair color C1: 4/38/21
Face paint 4 C1: 1/38/26, C2: 8/57/4, C3: 9/2/10
Eyebrow color C1: 4/38/31
Eye Color C1: 6/5/24, C2: 1/1/0

That was less work than I expected to copy it all, maybe it'll help someone, maybe I will look for this down the road if I need it again. :P

Original Characters
Robin
5cfec23a.jpg

Kira
719159eb.jpg

Recreations
Ellie Hawke-Dragon Age 2 (Mage)
addd9637.jpg

Kenshi-Mortal Kombat
fec6a9d9.jpg

Thanks i did Reptile too but i think im going to change him to Scorpion and mess with the gear more. Im thinking about doing Johnny and Jade too.

The 1st time I saw Nightmare's 2p in SCV I thought "Scorpion"

I'd love to see more :D

Back