Character Overview: Pros/Cons/Playstyle

Truth be told, some character hit box concerns are just(outside of silly hit box issues close range attack whiffs etc) some attacks that track 100% will in fact NOT track given a certain range its being done, with that said, Aeon is a great example...Zero, as solid as aeon 66a is, it just stops losing its god like tracking due to range is all, nothing more, it WILL hit of course if its beating out anything the opponent is doing pretty much at disadvantage/lack range. However, if they choose step(at that certain range i mentioned) aeon 66a will whiff(doesn't even matter the character hit box size from the character your opponent is using(ok, maybe just Asta, lol) So from that i would have to say that when you say "I've had people step Aeons 66A ffs" my answer to that would have to be that it was at a further range you attempted to use it, if it was at close range then dude, i got no clue, never had that happen to me vs'ing him, point being is that it should NEVER whiff at close range(since it is more of a horizontal mid than a vertical attack), but it WILL whiff if attempted at a much further range OR the opponent is playing super defensive chillin' in the background of the stage.

I don't use Aeon really, so anyone feel free to take what im saying with a grain of salt... but i have enough play time vs him to know that much about any hit box problems he may have with that particular attack, it is so good i HAD to find some sort of weakness to it(other than the obvious GI or JG punish reaction) which the weakness i'm talking about i was lucky enough to discover on my own, and with that said, i'm sure he has something else to compliment the not so good tracking on it if its done at wrong range/tip range(this being an actual attack to help compliment 66a's inability to track or "whiff" at tip or far range)... BUT, i will say this: if you do it a tad slower instead of an !66a type buffer it will then of course track again/more since your giving Aeon more mobility(closing in) for the move to extend to it's best reach again and back to its god like tracking, you will have less room to work with if you do !buffer attacks( i think this applies to all characters).

Simple little things like that tend to be forgotten in the heat of match/tourney play because players will sometimes lack patience(even the top/best players) and want to hit a button/attack out of fear based on the flow of the match or the players and inability/ability to control the match ... but don't quote me on that second last parenthesis in the previous paragraph concerning to all characters.

Although imo, i feel it to be correct basing it on most 3D fighters mechanics in general, the closer you are the better results you will reap, simple as that in terms of how you will reap reward more being in the proper range to get full potential of said attack and sometimes(in SCV's case) its just the opposite, the further you are the better the move is, one example would be Yoshi 22_88b( a mid attack move that can hit ground opponents but loses to standing opponents ducking/twitch ducking it) at a close range which HELLA whiffs for whatever reason but far range it doesn't just gotta work out the kinks really ( and i don't really play enough 2D games nowadays/anymore so i don't really have a say in that department), just my 2 bits and hopefully what i said helped out concerning whiff issues.

I apologize to the mods for not keeping on track with the thread overall topic/s and wall of text, saw the most recent posts on the concern/debate for character whiff issues so i jumped in, i feel i covered a large portion of the latest thread discussion as far as the discussions concern goes and it does have to do with pros/cons but not covering the majority of it( overall character pros/cons), just topic of concern atm which is character whiff issues.

Last edited:
I dunno dude, in my own experiance compare Sieg and NM directly, it'll be an even MU but Sieg will have the safer options.
Siegfried has greater range
Siegfried had better pokes
Siegfried has better mixups
Better mixups I'll give you for the most part, since Sieg actually has mid/low mixups, lol. NM's 33B GS cancel/right side throw mixup is strong, though.

Better range and better pokes are definitely up for debate though. Sieg is generally being played from a farther range than NM, so it may seem like he has more range, when really it's just that Sieg is more suited for playing a spaced out game due to his slower overall speed and movement. As for pokes: NM has a -9 9K compared to Sieg's -12 9K, NM has 6K which is a very fast safe poke that gives good CH damage and gets people out of your face on hit and block, NM's 3K has way longer range than Sieg's, NM has 4K which can be easily CH confirmed into big damage thanks to 4K BE and NM's constant abundance of meter, NM's BB and 2B have faster startups than Sieg's equivalents. NM also has a "safe" 22B, which can be abused much more than you should be able to in a lot of match-ups.

Sieg has more pokes overall, but the ones NM has yield either good damage, or have other properties that make them at least as good as Sieg's if not slightly better.

what about stuff like b6, great for keeping your opponent at bay

Siegs iagA is def better than NM's, dat shit safe on JG...the stance-transition is a bit janky, but at the very least it gives ideas for mindgames.

66K is safe and can be BE'd into SCH B for extra dmg, if not you got stance mindgames at the very least in which you're opponent has to make a guess/read...NM could just backstep, but then Sieg could G to safety.

6K TC's, his mid, -6 on grd and breaks grd

3K maybe shorter than NM's than NM's but it has better recovery, I won't bring in that janky 3KKB bullcrap

2A has further range than NM and if spaced correctly, can be tricky to punish

Siegs 11_33K can pick up the slack with 9K

6A is -13 fairly quick with good range

if you're whiffing with Siegfried, then straight up you ain't playing Siegfried right. fought against several Siegs myself, both online and offline who've almost never encountered that problem except for when they do something immensely stupid

I do not whiff ´cause I play Sig only here and then but others do and i recognized it. That´s all.

Can confirm that sieg sucks. I eat him for breakfast everyday.

Also @Rocktopus , my NM hungers for your soul(sieg). We need to play sometime so I can smash your sieg again xD

Last edited:
We can if you want. I only said FT5 because it was cross-continental. But I gotta get off Hyrule Warriors for a minute, lol

lol yh I know the feeling, haven't played SC since playing you, got back on last Friday just for Chu-Fye, other than that it's been all XRD these dayz

I would like to see while landing mixups come back.

I would like grabs to be step-able once again.

About GI-

The thing I keep thinking about is the fact that most players prefer to save their meter for BE's or CE's in general. Because of GI's existence, people tend to not want to waste all their meter. In this case I feel like the threat is often stronger than the execution. Using a GI when the opponent has enough meter to return one, is basically spending meter for a mix up, whereas saving it for those BE's as a combo extender is essentially spending meter for guaranteed damage.

Personally, I'd take free damage over potential, even if the potential is quite large. But that's just the way I like to play.

The only time I really see GI being more preferable to JG or a BE is right when the opponent just dumped all their meter. Even If I have 2 bars and all they got is enough for one GI, It's still just a fucking mixup for me. And again I would rather spend it on a combo.
I literally almost never use GI. If I know what's coming, it's a JG or some way to evade it instead. I haven't mastered the low JG, so I tend to opt for jumping moves.

So even from my playing style, it's not "useless", but I wanna use another word that's damn close to that.

Better than the old GI? Yes. Still SHIT? absofuckinglutely.

And come on guys, how can anyone with half a brain NOT think that JG's risk/reward is BS? I shouldn't be normal guarding if I messed up on my JG (why does that shit happen sometimes?)

I feel like people's general attitude of "SCV is da bes" is hiding many of its severe problems, or that the strengths of this game are being blown out of proportion. People enjoy this game, and people tend to be biased when they like something. You guys should hear some of the stuff that other people are saying that aren't from this site. Not saying they aren't biased too, but it's good to see a wide range of perspectives.

This site kind of reminds me of FOX news where everyone thinks the same way and there's always some blonde rich woman telling us how Obama is trying to take ALL our guns away and the dumb rednecks eat it up. It's collectivism not at it's finest. I'm not part of this hive mind.

I'd even go so far as to say that people literally copy each other's ideas and try to own it as their own, not because of the merit of what was said, but because of WHO said it.

And here come's all the fanboy faggots in 3,2...

I feel like people's general attitude of "SCV is da bes" is hiding many of its severe problems, or that the strengths of this game are being blown out of proportion. People enjoy this game, and people tend to be biased when they like something. You guys should hear some of the stuff that other people are saying that aren't from this site. Not saying they aren't biased too, but it's good to see a wide range of perspectives.

This site kind of reminds me of FOX news where everyone thinks the same way and there's always some blonde rich woman telling us how Obama is trying to take ALL our guns away and the dumb rednecks eat it up. It's collectivism not at it's finest. I'm not part of this hive mind.
3oIT5JC.jpg

I shouldn't be normal guarding if I messed up on my JG (why does that shit happen sometimes?)
Because you pressed G too late and the game read it as a standard block :>.

I don't believe this thread is exactly the place for this kinda talk, there's plenty of threads you can voice your dislike, such as the thread where theaeonblade basically wrote a whole damn book on how he hated the game...

I'm not telling you this because I hate you or something, you are legitimately off topic on this thread and it can cause an annoying disruption. Of course Sandman and Zer0 were also off topic themselves, but their conversation was one with a conceivable end and did not have potential to cause a flame war and spread misinformation. We don't need another thread closed, especially one that tries to give a decent overview of the cast to people that only recently started playing this game. Newcomers don't know the difference between a pro and casual on these forums, and you haven't stated enough specifics on certain characters/mechanics to where your insight could be useful to someone learning the game.

I don't know if the topic died but am I the only person who considers Alpha Patroklos a mix-up charater?
He has 1BB and grab that both do a lot of damage and have the same framing, 2B+K and 1AAA which you can be "tactical" with (tactical meaning I don't feel like going into detail) and if you get 2A on hit you have FC 2K and JFT for mix-up.

I doubt, given that he mostly excels at this.
So you're telling me even though he has 1BB and grab mix-up which can take away half his opponent's life on both mix-up, something Viola can't do without meter and alpha can do without, his mix-up game isn't good?

So you're telling me even though he has 1BB and grab mix-up which can take away half his opponent's life on both mix-up, something Viola can't do without meter and alpha can do without, his mix-up game isn't good?
he's basically agreeing with you saying that aPat excels at mixups

Back