Character Overview: Pros/Cons/Playstyle

I may add that Dampierre is not really a spacing character, he mainly relies on whiff punishing, sure he may need to space out to get the whiff but when facing a long range character like Ivy for instance (imo his worst matchup) Dampierre has to really try and get around those long attacks to make a difference and thats not easy. (Not for me at least lol).

Maxi's unsafe for the most part? He has one of the best pokes in the game.

Also he has super evasive properties.

raph weak to ducking? maybe prep but against his neutral game ducking is pointless seeing as he has no lows and all his good pokes outside of 6b series are mid.

I dont think ivy is his worst matchup, simply because he long range tools recover badly imo and Damp can really get a decent amount of damage.

I can only talk about Asta, Maxi and Sieg maybe.

In Asta case: I would change bad movement into big hitbox. His movement is actually not bad!

Maxi´s best moves are almost completly "shut down" if you just step CONSTANTLY to his left...
Which still seems to be a "secret" to many players.

And Siegrfied is more or less a character which suffers from being unsafe.

I can only talk about Asta, Maxi and Sieg maybe.

In Asta case: I would change bad movement into big hitbox. His movement is actually not bad!

Maxi´s best moves are almost completly "shut down" if you just step CONSTANTLY to his left...
Which still seems to be a "secret" to many players.

And Siegrfied is more or less a character which suffers from being unsafe.

it's possible you could be referring to the games mobility rather than Asta's own mobility...which actually is very bad, poor backstep, less than par sidestep

Sieg isn't entirely unsafe, he has some solid pokes, several worth while gaurdbreaks and some real nasty frametraps.
it's just a lot of people get spoiled and turn into rotten little children and just want want want 3B all the time

@ZER0

No I am speaking about Astas mobilty. If anything then Asta mobility is imo on par with Maxi(maybe not backstep)and much better than Siggy´s in generell.

Sieg is outside of 3B unsafe too. Moves like 66B, wsB and 1B all all very good moves but risky on block. Hell Nighty´s 22/88 B is much safer than Sieg´s 66B.

Raph execution should be mid I guess. Cause it get some time to master his stances. Also, you may want to add in the pros list that he have a lot of low moves.

@ZER0

No I am speaking about Astas mobilty. If anything then Asta mobility is imo on par with Maxi(maybe not backstep)and much better than Siggy´s in generell.

Sieg is outside of 3B unsafe too. Moves like 66B, wsB and 1B all all very good moves but risky on block. Hell Nighty´s 22/88 B is much safer than Sieg´s 66B.
I dunno man, the game makes Asta look fast with the high-pace and the mechanics, but Asta is slower than the likes of Sieg and NM.

Sieg is a lot safer than people tend to give him credit for, he's miles safer than NM I'll tell you that

I dunno man, the game makes Asta look fast with the high-pace and the mechanics, but Asta is slower than the likes of Sieg and NM.

Sieg is a lot safer than people tend to give him credit for, he's miles safer than NM I'll tell you that

Asta is not looking fast because of the game mechanics imo. The step/mobility in generell seems quite good to me.

And why do you think NM is unsafer than Sig? I don´t see it.

Asta is not looking fast because of the game mechanics imo. The step/mobility in generell seems quite good to me.

And why do you think NM is unsafer than Sig? I don´t see it.

Siegfried has better range, pokes, frametraps and mixups, the stuff NM has to do generally requires that risk/reward factor, Siegfrieds risks really aren't as bad as NMs

NM can randomly throw safe shit out all day and get big rewards. Sieg has to directly put himself at risk or make hard reads if he wants real damage.

I dunno dude, in my own experiance compare Sieg and NM directly, it'll be an even MU but Sieg will have the safer options.
Siegfried has greater range
Siegfried had better pokes
Siegfried has better mixups
Nightmare does better dmg
Nightmare has better mobility
Nightmare has better oki

Siegfried has better range, pokes, frametraps and mixups, the stuff NM has to do generally requires that risk/reward factor, Siegfrieds risks really aren't as bad as NMs

But Sig also has a lot of whiff-problems making him sometimes hilariously unsafe and risky to play compared to others/NM.

But Sig also has a lot of whiff-problems making him sometimes hilariously unsafe and risky to play compared to others/NM.
if you're whiffing with Siegfried, then straight up you ain't playing Siegfried right. fought against several Siegs myself, both online and offline who've almost never encountered that problem except for when they do something immensely stupid

if you're whiffing with Siegfried, then straight up you ain't playing Siegfried right. fought against several Siegs myself, both online and offline who've almost never encountered that problem except for when they do something immensely stupid

Agreed. Everyone points out his whiffs because of how memorable those rare incidents are. I still remember when I whiffed 22 A on a blocking Viola once, well within range.

dat awkward hitbox tho, I've had people step Aeons 66A ffs, if anything Aeon has more whiffing issues because he's fking awkward like that

Back