Choosing main

Well I'm not looking to only ring-out because that seems like a cop-out to me. I just want characters that have very good options for ring-outs if I get them on their heels near the edge.

I'm gonna go with Asta as my main, with Rock and Vader as my backups for now.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

I'm not on ALL the time, but when I am I'm usually playing SCIV or L4D

Give me a holler, I'm a pretty friendly guy who doesn't get worked up about losing too much

I tried out all three on and offline

I'm gonna go with Vader main, Asta sub

I didn't care for Rock at all. His move list was way too small and I couldn't set myself up for combos like I could with Vader and Asta.

I was going to say to NOT go with Rock. Rock isn't a hard hitter or a ring out character. I actually would have suggested picking Asta over Vader. Oh well, you made the choice.

I tried out all three on and offline

I'm gonna go with Vader main, Asta sub

I didn't care for Rock at all. His move list was way too small and I couldn't set myself up for combos like I could with Vader and Asta.

What happened to Nighty? =[

While Vader's control over the match may seem appealing, he can really only dominate if you know your matchups well. Asta can pretty much use the same gameplan for everyone except Soph/Cass and win alot easier than you'd think - I suggest maining Astaroth until you're confident that you know how to react to some of the more popular characters, because that will be key when playing Vader.

Don't give up on Nightmare either, he's fun as hell to play even if you don't feel like maining him.

What happened to Nighty? =[

There was just something about him I didn't really care for.

I couldn't get him going fast enough for my liking.

I might try him again soon and see if I can use his stances better but for right now I'll stick with Vader as my main.

I might try him again soon and see if I can use his stances better but for right now I'll stick with Vader as my main.

i would agree most of Nighty's moves are pretty slow but you have to learn his pokes if you want to play with him.

learn a:Ga, 3K, 1K etc... after you get some momentum going with him, he is beast. =P

I use NM I think Im ok with him send me a message my friend list is full though but if you want message me and we can play sometime.

I use NM I think Im ok with him send me a message my friend list is full though but if you want message me and we can play sometime.

I'll be on later tonight.

I went through Hard mode with him today, I got through everything but Siegfried on the first try (he got a lucky ring-out on me)

Then afterward I whooped him and got an A.

I got pretty good at using his GS:KK and 4K,K to interrupt combos from characters like Taki and Zas.

Other than that, though, I need lots of practice.

I do love his 2A+B though after 1A (If it lands)

I'd say Nightmare. He has a an insane Ring out and Throw game. Astaroth is good as well, but I think NM has more throw range and greater RO potential. However Astaroth is higher in damage output and SG damage.

Don't know much about Vader besides he has a good throw game. Think his RO is lacking though.

Sieg is good, but is mediocre in ring out, but beats nightmare in damage.

His ring out game is awesome and his step is also great. Vader is really underrated he has a better ring out game than nm imo

Yeah, not enough people play Vader for his RO game to be widely known. With a full force bar, he basically has Hilde-esque RO range with the ability to use it in any direction he wants, from any position.

Well I've always been a major Star Wars nerd so I was automatically drawn to Vader

And I hate Yoda's cheapness

Dark Side FTW

lol, Yoda's cheapness. In time you'll realize that he's no threat at all to any character you play. He's slow as hell, his soul gauge is probably 1/4 that of other characters, and he seems to take more damage too. Simple BBs will kill him in all but the most faithful hands.

I just love throwing people

And I always forget that he can't be thrown. That's cheap to me.

Back