Chose the styles for a reboot.

Ramus

[14] Master
So in a case of a reboot, who would be the perfect styles for a new story, you can chose about 25 characters styles and the game where that style was best to you(No mimics). Keep in mind that you don't need to choose only 25 but it is somewhat the average per game, by the way just to let a little more fun put female or male in the style just to have a better idea how the character would look, oh try to put a maximum of two character with the same weapon, less clones better, if you want put some weapons you wanted to see.

Example and my personal list.
1-Patroklo-Male
2-Sophitia (SC 4)-Female.
3Tira-(SC V)- Female.
4-Xinghua-(SC 4) Female.
5-Astaroth-(SC V) Male.
6-Maxi-(SC V) Male.
7-Kilik-(SC 4) Male.
8-Amy-(SC 4) Female
9-Ivy-(SC 4) Male (>:D)
10-Voldo-(SC IV or V I dunno) Female (>:D)
11-Natsu-Female
12-Setsuka-(SC 4)-FEMALE with a bloody umbrella-
13-Z.W.E.I-Male.
14-Yoshimitsu-(SC V) Male.
15-Cervantes-(SC V)-Male
16-Mitsurugi-(SC IV)-Male
17-Siegfried-(SC IV)-Male.
18-Lizardman-(SC V)-Lizard (Just for the sake of he being in it.) ;P
19-Hilde-( SC V)-Female.
20-Talim (SC IV) Female.
21-Yun-Seong. (SC IV) Male.
22-Zasalamel. (SC IV) Female.
23- Twin Blades like Renevant-Male
24- Broad Sword-Male.
25- Crossbow and Bolts. Female.

Do no want a reboot

Classic SC characters >>> new SC characters

I hope they keep veterans as long as possible because they had a waaay stronger chara design base, where new one tend to be herp teen derp fantasy stuff

The longer Mitsu, Sieg & Co are still in, the better is

I would love to see a reboot but I think characters like Nightmare/Sieg/EM/Zasalamel/Cerv should at least be a part. Al the big story characters Maybe redo what happens. I would rather just a new game or DLC showing what al the other characters did during the time skip and after. I mean I really wanted to see Rugi finish his fight with Algol.

I know, that is more for fun, I don't think a Fighting Game ever received a reboot with all new characters, it was more like choose the styles you wish would be in the same game, anyway....

-Street Fighter 2 (Ryu, Ken and Sagat still in, rest of SC1 cast dropped)
-Street Fighter 3 (as begin just Ryu & Ken, then Akuma and Chun Li)*
-Garou: Mark of the wolves (only Terry)
-The Last Blade (if you want count it as Samurai Shodown spiritual successor)
-D-Xird (Eiji unlockable, spiritual successor of Toshinden)

Can't think another one right now

*SF classic atmosphere restored in SF4, some SF3 chars introduced later in SSF4,SSF4:AE, SFxT

Well 4 me:
-Mixture of ALL S&S users from SCIV to SCV- Male, or cocky female (cassandra personality)
-Leixia female
-Taki SCIV- Male
-Yoshimitsu- Male
-Ezio's style- male
-Talim SCII- sweet female, same personality.
-Nightmare- either
-siegfried- male
-Viola- female
-Ivy but more of a boyish style like Indiana Jones- preferably male
-Tira- female
-Mace user that dances- female
-Ralph with more vampierre moves, either
-ZWEI- male
-Cervantes- a few more gun shot moves- male
-Dampierre- every game needs a joker, male
- Xiba- much more serious like Kilik, male
-Algol- main villain who holds both swords, male.
-Main hero uses S&S but is aggressive and does not wait for an unsafe move, male with a cocky personality like cassandra but not to the point of Patroklos, or a sweet personality like Talim but not to the point of Pyrhha.
-Rock + Asta + Zas= Scythe that has throw combos, male.

I like your ideas, but I thought of some modifications noted in red.

1-Cassandra-Rushdown S&S based on Pat (Male, I suppose)
2-Pyrrha (SC 5 Vanilla/Omega mix)-Female.
3-Tira-(SC 5)- Female.
4-Xiangha/Leixia-(SC 5) Female.
5-Astaroth-(SC 5) Male.
6-Maxi-(SC 5) Male.
7-Kilik-(SC 4) Male.
8-Viola-Female
9-Ivy-(SC 5) FeMale
10-Voldo- FeMale (I dunno... he always seems the same.)
11-Natsu-Female
12-Setsuka-(SC 4)-FEMALE
13-Z.W.E.I-Male.
14-Yoshimitsu-(SC 5) Male.
15-Cervantes-(SC 5)-Male
16-Mitsurugi-(SC 4/5 Mix)-Male
17-Siegfried-(SC 3)-Male.
18-Lizardman-(SC 5)-Lizard
19-Hilde-( SC 5)-Female.
20-Talim-(SC 4)-Female.
21-Yun-Seong-(SC 4) Male.
22-Zasalamel-(SC 4) FeMale.
23-Xiba/Mi-Na-(SC 4 Mi-Na mixed with Xiba) Female
24-NEW STYLE! - Patroklos wielding Broadsword.
25-Edge Master with unique CE.
26-Nightmare (SC 5)-Male
27-Raphael (SC4/5 mix)-FeMale

As for why I made these changes...
- I love Cassandra, and I want her to be the rushdown S&S again. That said, I think Pat had a better moveset/FINISHER. Therefore, she levels up her Determination stats, drops her goofy finisher move for Swordyuken, and rejoins the fight.
-Sophitia's dead, so Pyrrha takes over as the punishment-heavy S&S. She merges most of her Vanilla moveset with her Omega form's confidence, more Sophie-esque moves, and lack-of-annoying-TTEYAH.
-BOTH CHINESE SWORDSWOMEN! They already use the same moveset, just make Leixia and Xianghua skins/voices, and pair them up. That way, you can't just write Leixia out AND we get Kilik/Xianghua goodness again. All win.
-Sorry kids, but I like Viola, and the fencing style really doesn't need two practicioners.
-I didn't like super-stance Ivy from 4. It's up to you, though. I never play her seriously, anyways.
-I like a lot of what 'Rugi had in 5, but he needs his Relic stance back.
-SiegThree was the best 'Fried. Just add meter moves.
-I also miss Mi-Na, but adding her renders the more vertical stylings of Xiba useless, and I don't want to lose the monkey kid, and it ruins his motif if he uses polearms. I dunno.
- Once again, I don't want to wipe out the new generation, but Setsuka+Iaido is the best, so modify Pat's style to using a single sword in a merger of Japanese and JUSTICE. Also, less JF-dependant input. He's not that good.
-Edge Master is awesome.
-HOW COULD YOU FORGET NIGHTMARE?!
-Better yet, HOW COULD YOU FORGET RAPH?! I'd modify his style in CaS, though, so that you choose what gender/species(lolAeon) he sucks blood from.

You see, it is more like since we had Amy style and Sieg...

Well, I thought that Raph/Amy didn't feel different enough in 4, so I mostly just kept the iconic fencer. As for Sieggy/Nightmare... there is no excuse. They play so differently by now, it's just wrong to say "no more NM, you'll do fine with Sieg." or vice-versa.

Not a series reboot, but I'd like to see some characters return like Talim, Rock/Bangoo, Seong Mi-Na and Zasalamel.

And also keep vets that we have in V. If they make new characters, please spend time on them and make a NEW style i.e. Viola but not broken.

Edit: I also want Cass with her ass bomb returning.

Not a series reboot, but I'd like to see some characters return like Talim, Rock/Bangoo, Seong Mi-Na and Zasalamel.

And also keep vets that we have in V. If they make new characters, please spend time on them and make a NEW style i.e. Viola but not broken.

Edit: I also want Cass with her ass bomb returning.

Yes... but I found that the ass-bomb made her style unusable by a dude.

If there was an option to swap between the ass-bomb and something like a jumping shield punch for dudes...

Yes... but I found that the ass-bomb made her style unusable by a dude.

If there was an option to swap between the ass-bomb and something like a jumping shield punch for dudes...
Serious, in the game with Voldo you are worried with a man using his ass?

So, something to consider (or something to ruin your fantasizing):

Taking the styles from "specific games" (SC3 Sig, SC4 Mitsu) is completely fucking pointless. Why? Core engine changes render it moot. You simply cannot copy/paste things like that into a new engine. There are always new subsystems, new mechanics, new properties, etc.

At best what you are asking for are skins/familiar character archetypes over semi-familiar movelists; which is all a character is when you divorce them from the ecosystem that they live in, aka, "the game".

In the end what this makes this thread is "I would like X aesthetic back in the next Y game", and we don't have 1000000000000000 of those already, do we?

Back