Confirmed moves based on player testing and videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
But FLE K rings out on its own... so if you hit A+B after, it’s kind of your own fault, no? Unless you guys actually want to pull people back into the ring. Which would also be funny.

But FLE K rings out on its own... so if you hit A+B after, it’s kind of your own fault, no? Unless you guys actually want to pull people back into the ring. Which would also be funny.

Yes and yes. If you FLE B A+B and ring yourself out.... most certainly you did that on purpose, no? I always did it on purpose.....

Some people didn't "get it", though, and they would get really, really, really angry. :(

I can imagine Project Soul just forgetting it was there and (hopefully) it's still in 5. I can't imagine that they made a list of game play mechanic priorities and fixing Ring Out Savior Yoshimitsu was #1.

Anyway, new topic: In the Harada Tekken video, it looks like the Yoshimitsu there links doorknocker off of ear slicer several times anywhere in the ring. Launch ~ aB+K, A+BBBB is what I mean by "ear slicer to doorknocker" just to be clear.

I was pretty sure this was only possible in IV under special circumstances. You had to trigger a short 3B near a wall or edge so that they would fall closer and so the ear slicer slide animation was shortened in order to get the doorknocker.

Can he now ear slicer to door knocker from anywhere?

Also - any idea if doorknocker still breaks on certain characters (ie Voldo) or picks up certain characters (ie Zas) still?

Supa: He was connecting all of those DNKs near a wall. You never had to be right on top of the wall to connect. Based on that video, connecting DNK off an aB+K hasn't changed much, if at all.

It's too early to discuss if DNK in combos connects with some and not others. That kind of information will come from testing when the game releases. All we have to go off is videos and hands-on play with test versions only. No one has really had extended time with SCV yet.

Supa: He was connecting all of those DNKs near a wall. You never had to be right on top of the wall to connect. Based on that video, connecting DNK off an aB+K hasn't changed much, if at all.

Hm. You didn't have to be right on top of a wall to ear slicer to doorknocker in IV, but you couldn't be in the middle of most open stages.

As I remember, which is probably fuzzy considering I dropped IV pretty abruptly, you had to be near-ish a wall. Too close and you would wall splash the launch... too far and you wouldn't be able to link doorknocker from ear slicer. 3B and ear slicer would have different travel depending on how close to a wall or edge you were. It was something like a good 4 to 5 character spaces or so and wasn't immediately obvious.

Is that wrong?

I thought maybe there would be match out there already where someone may have tried old 2x DNK or whiffed doorknockers on characters already. :\

We really need a dislike button for posts.

Yoshi looks barly changed... if at all only upgraded... I have a feeling he will be a force, especially if he was your previous main.

Ill be streaming opening day as well :)

We really need a dislike button for posts.
Whose post? My post? A different post? If you have beef with any of my posts (not assuming you do, but hey) you are welcome to let me know. I never claimed to be 100% right about everything in Soul Calibur ever.

I do however think it would be extremely interesting to see what would happen if Jaxel incorporated dislikes into the system.

I do however think it would be extremely interesting to see what would happen if Jaxel incorporated dislikes into the system.

Dislikes are Zzzz. When presented with the opportunity to be creative, constructive and positive choosing to only be able to contribute negatively is.... well, it's nothing positive. ;)

Guess you never heard of negetive reinforcement... I dont have a problem with anyones post I just dislike some of the stupid things people are saying... Like glitches should be put in a new game.

I saw those DNK too, I think they might be connecting anywhere as long as 3B hits on close range, maybe character dependant, this might be due to a reduced butter effect on earslicer, it makes sense...
I can connect 3B, a:B+K, DNK on anywhere in Zas for instance in SC4, so is not that crazy, tough it might be too good for RO in SC5

Guess you never heard of negetive reinforcement... I dont have a problem with anyones post I just dislike some of the stupid things people are saying... Like glitches should be put in a new game.

Oh! NegEtive reinforcement? Never heard of it. Because there's an "A" in one of those words. Do you feel better now that your spelling was negatively reinforced? Does this help you to get it right next time? Probably not. :(

It's a trivial glitch that's funny and isn't game play impacting. Whether or not it's there is so trivial it was only worth mentioning for laughs. So what's the problem? Besides, I'm sure you're much more knowledgeable than I am about the doorknockers in the video and could really help me out on whether or not I understood it in IV correctly.

I saw those DNK too, I think they might be connecting anywhere as long as 3B hits on close range, maybe character dependant, this might be due to a reduced butter effect on earslicer, it makes sense...
I can connect 3B, a:B+K, DNK on anywhere in Zas for instance in SC4, so is not that crazy, tough it might be too good for RO in SC5

Oh. I didn't consider that DJV might be the reason it links. Thanks.

Oh! NegEtive reinforcement? Never heard of it. Because there's an "A" in one of those words. Do you feel better now that your spelling was negatively reinforced? Does this help you to get it right next time? Probably not. :(

It's a trivial glitch that's funny and isn't game play impacting. Whether or not it's there is so trivial it was only worth mentioning for laughs. So what's the problem? Besides, I'm sure you're much more knowledgeable than I am about the doorknockers in the video and could really help me out on whether or not I understood it in IV correctly.

You need to be careful of casual talks and hardcore talks. I'm not trying to be rude or spiteful, but that air glitch grab is pretty lame. On the casual side of things, it's funny to have and I can laugh with you. But in actuality, I wouldn't want it back. Hardcore speaking.

Also, careful on spouting off knowledge on "what you think you know." Sure be expressive and share your opinion, but if you aren't sure if for instance "is that combo guaranteed", one must question an expert and limit assumptions immediately.

There's nothing positive on guessing and assuming if we haven't played SCV Yoshi. For now, we wait comrade.

First...Enough. This kind of crap stops here. Stick to the topic. If you want to bitch, take it to a different forum or PMs but not here. That includes Red, Gamedamien, and Supa. I don't have a problem deleting or locking down threads if I need to.

Second, I'm allowing speculation here based on videos and play testing evidence because it's something we all want to discuss. I'll continue to allow it until the game releases. Then the SA becomes a full on, off-line play only, no speculation, guessing, or theorycrafting allowing forum. RULES: http://8wayrun.com/threads/soul-arena-posting-rules.9056/

Third, if a:B+K slides less in the final version, the official terminology will become "reduced butter effect." i.e. "It's too bad Namco reduced the butter effect on a:B+K, or that would've totally been a RO."

That is all. Please continue your day. Nothing to see here...

butter effect

Again lol. Lock it down man... You know I dont care about deleted posts.

I do care about people saying glitches should be put in a new game, so Im going to speak my mind on that.

If you dont want people talking about it in this thread, it shouldnt be brought up.

As for the spelling troll, thats on him... I left it alone.

One thing I haven't seen much of is yoshimitsu's brave edge attacks. Anyone care to shed some light on what he's got?

Apparently his 3A,B is now a BE. It doesn’t look the same either, it’s the gut punch followed by a sort of hopping Kabuki fist move (and doesn’t launch). That is, if I understood correctly.

New post: in the SC kickoff event vid, I just saw Yoshi’s MED A+B aGI hit backwards. Apparently now it’s a homing UB that resembles REF A+B A_B_K. I didn’t see him do a flip recovery afterwards, but maybe the player missed the :K or didn’t attempt it.

funkpanda: Yoshi's SCIV 3AB has been replaced by something that looks like SCIV 3A, followed by SCIV's 6B (input is still 3AB). You can convert that into a BE, which turns the entire sequence into something that looks like SCIV Yoshi's 3AB with a 6B stuck in the middle of it. That's how I recall it and what Signia and some other testers said.

Gabe: The BE you're referring to is 66A BE. It's a normal 66A that can be turned into a BE and gives an additional hit at the end. From what I can tell the animation stays the same, but his outstretched hand actually hits if it's a BE.

Red: It's fine. Just no need to insult or attack people. Thanks for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back