Create A Soul Mode Patch Ideas

I have to disagree with this. I know it sucks to see a well-designed, well-thought out costume get torn to pieces, but seeing users use gigantic spheres and drums to confuse players and make huge penises at an attempt at middle school-level humor, I'm glad we have equipment destruction. At least it's not random and frequent like in SCIV and not everything flies off.

Their character creation systems are nothing alike. As someone said, SCV has two separate meshes for males and females. Saints Row only uses one for both genders, thus is more flexible when it comes to making things unisex. Plus, if you compared the two, SCV's character creation has a bit more options and has higher quality. Also, I'd rather get more new items than have them give rehashes of old gear. I think we're being greedy by asking them to include everything from previous games.
What about instead of armor destruction, it has a mesh for when it destroys, as i said before?

I have to disagree with this. I know it sucks to see a well-designed, well-thought out costume get torn to pieces, but seeing users use gigantic spheres and drums to confuse players and make huge penises at an attempt at middle school-level humor, I'm glad we have equipment destruction. At least it's not random and frequent like in SCIV and not everything flies off.
For real. But it is kinda dumb that it only breaks when you do a certain move at the end of a round. At least in SC4 there was a system to it. You take too much block damage at a certain level, and that level of armor breaks off. And I don't think breaking armor in this game gives you any advantage like in 4, where you'd do like an extra 10% damage for moves that hit at the broken level.

Le Bello wants this:

EdzvR.jpg

Okay, heard others saying we needed a thread like this, so here goes: This thread is for requests/ideas for future patches related exclusively to CAS mode. Since Daishi said they pay attention to stuff like this. If you don't like creations, think they're "dress up" or whatever.. that's perfectly fine. You're entitled to your opinions, as are we, so please just play nice. Those writing requests and additions, write as though you were going to hand them directly to Daishi Odashima himself- be clear and precise.

To start things off:
-More CAS mode slots- With tomorrow and future DLCs to come, the wardrobe is going to expand quite a lot. This is a wonderful thing, but 50 slots is just too restrictive. As it is, some of us have made double that number of characters and keep having to kill off old ones. However you can think to increase this, either by simply raising the number of slots, adding "pages" to the screen or using a folder system for each slot as someone else suggested, we really would like more of them to use.

-Fix the float- Many parts have wide gaps between the body and the part, meant to take into account things that may be layered underneath. But if you don't use those underlying parts, you still have huge gaps that make many pieces very hard to use. And many parts when layered wind up making the character look bloated and fat. Its obvious that they can be morphed, as they change in size with the size of your character and many parts even change with the gender, so it would be helpful if there were a slider or control to let us adjust the gap, or at least a check in the part itself that reduces the gap when nothing is under the part (This is especially true on the shoulder and hip parts).

-Part Compatability- Some parts are incompatable with one another that really should be. We understand if a top has a long dress, like the Chinese Dress, that it shouldn't work with a skirt. But what about the skirt and the maid apron? All parts that don't actually cover body areas that another part would should be compatable with one another. There may be some poke through doing this in places, let us handle it- as there are already many parts that poke as it is.

-Specularity- Some parts, when you change their actual color, they work fine but if you put a pattern on them, the sheen where the light hits them remains the base color of the part. Clear example, the short Kimono. Its blue, and if you color it black, it turns black normally but if you put a pattern on it, the best you can get is dark blue because the specularity won't change. The best suggestion I can think of to fix this would be to allow you to set a base color and then the pattern would use the sheen of the color you just set instead of the default one, or perhaps the color of the first color in the palette of the pattern.

That's all the technical issues I really have with CAS mode. As for personal requests, being able to color all the weapons would be nice. For parts, I'm willing to watch what they come up with but one specific annoyance is the lack of a simple high leg panty by itself, to go under skirts and dresses with a high slit; as it is, you either have them attached to stockings, or as part of a bikini that shows through the necklines of a lot of tops, have strings that poke through other parts or both.

Very good, Hotaru99! Very good!

I couldn't have said better myself.... :)

EDIT : Here's what I really want for a major CaS Patch ~

1.) Bring back the following characters (or their playstyles if the story doesn't permit them to return): Zasalamel, Talim, Yun-seong, Rock, Amy, Hwang, Seung Mi-na, Lynette, Valeria, Girardot, Strife, Miser, Greed, Demuth, Ashlotte, Cassandra, etc....

Or better yet, combine some of these playstyles to create something new. Perhaps invent even new styles altogether!

2.) Allow the XBox360 users the capability to do snapshots just like the PS3 version. Even though I DO own a PS3, I kinda feel sorry for my fellow players who use the other system and not get anything nice. That's just... wrong, you know...?! :(

3.) ...And just about everything else that my fellow CaS players voiced out and wished for (obviously!). Just tweak 'em all properly, and it'll be alright! :)

Mr. Daishi, if you're reading all of this, make it all happen, please! Didn't you say that this game's version of CaS allows you to create anything, right? Well me and my fellow players are holding on to your promise. Don't let us down, okay? m(_ _)m

Le Bello means that he would like more basic/simple male underwear pieces of various shapes to fill in the clear gaps. For example, a top that doesn't stretch up the neck, or some simple full-length pants, or half or three quarter sizes.

The basketball in Le Bello's image is also relevant - It signifies Le Bello's wish to be able to better re-texture Viola's weapons, so that Le Bello can finally create the basketball that his perfect legs were designed to wield.

(These are all genuine desire. Better weapon texture options and a large selection of undergarments are a must!)

=|;} Le Bello's silver tongue is lodged firmly in his manly cheek. Please don't punish Le Bello.
Another addition Le Bello would like: More customisation on weapon trials.

Imagine, if you can, being able to add an effect to them? Like a smoky weapon trial, or one that resembles water or sparkles or coins? Provided it wouldn't be too distracting, Le Bello thinks it would be an easy way to add a whole extra level of character.

And since we have weapon re-colour/texturing, weapon trial recolouring and also weapon hit effects, why not weapon trial re-texturing?

A lot of very good ideas in this thread. I really hope someone at Project Soul or Namco sees this and brings it all up in discussion.

Some suggestions:
  • I haven't found a way to upload my custom characters onto friends' systems on their own accounts without overwriting their game progress and characters. I'd be fine with being able to upload my stuff onto a USB flash drive and porting onto their system, but maybe having an online CaS gallery where a user can go into another user's account and view/download their characters would be a good idea.
  • Make all CaS parts unisex. Now, before you call me a crossdresser, hear me out, because that's not what this is about. This is about facilitating the creative process and making it as non-restrictive as possible. Though I can't pull an example off the top of my head, I believe there are parts for either gender that would work very well in a costume for a character of the other gender.
  • I'm a little disappointed with the recent DLC pack containing parts from the regular cast. These parts should've come in more pieces. For example, Patroklos' Oathkeeper's top should've been broken down into an Oathkeeper's "Shirt" and an Oathkeeper's "Breastplate." Pyrrha's 1P top should've been three pieces: Sorrowful "Blouse," Sorrowful "Vest," and Sorrowful "Shawl." Maybe this approach would've made the parts compatible with more pieces than they currently are.

• I'm a little disappointed with the recent DLC pack containing parts from the regular cast. These parts should've come in more pieces. For example, Patroklos' Oathkeeper's top should've been broken down into an Oathkeeper's "Shirt" and an Oathkeeper's "Breastplate." Pyrrha's 1P top should've been three pieces: Sorrowful "Blouse," Sorrowful "Vest," and Sorrowful "Shawl." Maybe this approach would've made the parts compatible with more pieces than they currently are.

Yeah that's what I was disappointed at too. I was hoping they would break down the outfits into more pieces. I was more displaced with the fact that Zwei's 2P pants were locked on to the shoes or how Viola's 1P stockings were locked on to her heels. So yeah, maybe in the future, they can make a patch that breaks down the main casts clothing into more pieces.

Wow, such great ideas! XD I only have this tiny thing to add:

Texture Pack : You know how the snake skin, scale and alligator(?) skin patterns seem to change the texture? What if you gave us patterns that mimic textures like leather, fur, velvet, feathers, bandages, lace, spandex, gloss (glossy legging fabric) etc. I've seen the scales and stuff used to great effect so being able to change the material would be awesome ^_^ (of course it would kinda suck that you couldn't put patterns on those patterns...)
Yeah that would be a great idea! It'd be so cool if they ofered more textures like leather (<3), feathers, fur, lace, etc. Yeah, definitely second this idea. :)

Not sure if this has been mentioned (but I know it has, lol), but there needs to be a CaS hub for uploading and downloading creations. This makes it even more convenient to share than to list down creation data right down to the Special Equipment. (Though, I doubt PS would invest time in making a cross-platform server so PS3 and 360 users can mingle.)

I imagine this would also be helpful in transferring CaS data over to new systems and/or accounts, unlocking pieces in the process if you're starting at Level 1 again. It probably wouldn't work on DLC though unless your account has them purchased.

OK, so for a rundown...

-More slots, obviously, because everyone wants more and when stuff improves that want will increase.
-Fix the damn floaty issues and compatibility problems. I want to be able to wear a sash with a skirt or an apron with something besides undies beneath it, and I don't want the Leather Jacket to look like absolute shit that bulks up a character wearing it or for the armor to float in space. III's layering didn't give us this kind of problem, so why is it in an upgraded creator?
-Option to turn off armor breaks, but not extra items breaking. People dicking around with racoon tails and bolts for 3rd grade humor or trying to confuse people with huge items get punished, but detailed suits of armor remain in tact after Astaroth nails you with pretty much any move.
-More faces, hair, facial hair, all that good stuff.
-More voice options, whether it be the same actors with different quotes or whatever works. And fix the pitches so that you have a variety of personalities available and they won't sound like robots if you alter the pitch. In a future game, return the alignment system from III as a pair of sliders and set a couple of voices to each, but for now let's work with what we've got.
-I'd like the option to desync edits for the eyes, along with the option to make them glow like Nightmare's do. Heterochromia, possession, go crazy.
-The addition of more specific stickers/patterns, like the option to add rips or fraying to cloth and the option to put burns, rust, pitting, or metal scars in armor. I think it'd really help "battle-scarred" characters look more authentic if you could make their weapons and armor look beat-up but still deadly enough to kill you.
-The theme-music borrowing idea sounds like a good one to me, especially if you can pick when it loops and such.
-Certain non-human options should be included, such as "Malfested/Nightmare Arm" as a form of equipment and a skin alongside "Mummified" for "Mechanical"; people with this skin equipped will resemble Ashlotte's design.
-More styles. Whether it's cameo souls from past games that we KNOW aren't that hard to port to a new game or finally making some more actual original styles, I'm not going to be that picky as a patch. Death Scythe and Elbow blades are impossible to simulate properly with things as they stand, and some actually original styles like the ones in III would add another dimension of appeal to CaS. It might be interesting to have a workshop option where you could combine moves from a couple of characters for a unique moveset, but knowing competitive gameplay this would likely lead to an army of stupidly broken Necrid-type characters online and I can't figure out how you'd be able to pick a functional weapon for it.
-1P and 2P outfit parts from EVERYONE, not just the Alexandrias, Zwei and Viola.

I just love you people's ideas! I really like the idea of the whole diffrent textures and such! Also the "battle-scared/worn" gear! Lol and the "smokey/coin dropping/sparkle" effects for weapons would really make our CaS stand out~ :D
As for a PS3 and Xbox360 crossover hmm...Im not too sure about that.. Wouldnt there be lag?
And even if they did that I would perfer if you could just upload creations~
And yes all clothes unisex! Am I into crossdressing my characters...HECK YA! I love to see patroklos in a stupid skirt.
But the real reason is...This creation mode was about freedom if im not mistaken. The ability to create ANYTHING. But lately ive come to realize you really cant create ANYTHING when the hair and clothes are genderlocked. So what if a guy wears a skirt with a "female" hairstyle. Big Deal. SO what if i wanna dress ivy as a man? GET OVER IT LOL
Also i would love Ivy's slicked back hair from SC2 :D

I just love you people's ideas! I really like the idea of the whole diffrent textures and such! Also the "battle-scared/worn" gear! Lol and the "smokey/coin dropping/sparkle" effects for weapons would really make our CaS stand out~ :D
As for a PS3 and Xbox360 crossover hmm...Im not too sure about that.. Wouldnt there be lag?
And even if they did that I would perfer if you could just upload creations~
And yes all clothes unisex! Am I into crossdressing my characters...HECK YA! I love to see patroklos in a stupid skirt.
But the real reason is...This creation mode was about freedom if im not mistaken. The ability to create ANYTHING. But lately ive come to realize you really cant create ANYTHING when the hair and clothes are genderlocked. So what if a guy wears a skirt with a "female" hairstyle. Big Deal. SO what if i wanna dress ivy as a man? GET OVER IT LOL
Also i would love Ivy's slicked back hair from SC2 :D
Dunno why, but Ivy looking like a man would even fit. Big boobs tomboy hurdurr

My wishlist for creation mode ~ <3
  • Allow the background/stage to be changeable
  • Allow the the camera to be shifted horizontally
  • Allow the pose animations to be stopped/paused for easy snapshot taking
  • Add in missing poses/win animations and allow them to be accessed
  • Add an option to turn off the button command hints at the bottom of the screen (zoom, change animation, etc.)
  • Add more creation slots ~ like others have been saying. <3
  • Allow all characters to be edited ~ I want to edit Ezio so badly. ;w;
  • CaS Hub-thing sounds good too. <3

My wishlist for creation mode ~ <3
  • Allow the background/stage to be changeable
  • Allow the the camera to be shifted horizontally
  • Allow the pose animations to be stopped/paused for easy snapshot taking
  • Add in missing poses/win animations and allow them to be accessed
  • Add an option to turn off the button command hints at the bottom of the screen (zoom, change animation, etc.)
  • Add more creation slots ~ like others have been saying. <3
  • Allow all characters to be edited ~ I want to edit Ezio so badly. ;w;
  • CaS Hub-thing sounds good too. <3

This (except Ezio, since guests dont need to be altered). They should've allowed us to change stages, rotate the characters, and pause animations from the get go. Rather than just give more slots, Character creation should just get its own save file that increases with each creation that gets made. They should also allow the player to select which characters/costumses they want to fight with.

This (except Ezio, since guests dont need to be altered). They should've allowed us to change stages, rotate the characters, and pause animations from the get go. Rather than just give more slots, Character creation should just get its own save file that increases with each creation that gets made. They should also allow the player to select which characters/costumses they want to fight with.

In SCIV's creation mode, we were able to change the stages ~ I was very sad when I found out that it was removed in SCV. ;w;
It would be nice to change guest characters, but I understand that it's because they're guests that they don't need to be altered.
CC getting it's own save sounds great ~ or they can just give us infinite slots, so we can make as many peeps as we want. XD

Back