Critical Edge: Who got the best?

Force-Destruct

[10] Knight
Seeing Oreo's thread of (In Your Opinion) the top 10 Brave Edge and Meterless moves, I thought why not see which characters have the best CE's in the game .

I find it that a top 5 should be more than enough with brief explanations of why they're one of the best.

Remember this is purely optional and please keep it classy.

Here are my picks:

1. Algol
- This CE hits ANYWHERE on the screen! Perfect for getting ringouts, combo extension, punishing a whiff from fullscreen when the opponent has low health, and with full meter creates a massive mindgame/mixup where one hit = 66% life gone guaranteed (if it clean hits then you're probably dead)

2. Viola
- The amounts of setups for unblockables and mixups from this move is absurd, the reason I believe it's not the best in the game is because of its faults if you're opponent is slightly away from the orb. Not to mention that her BE's are better used for setups and combos for such meter.

3. Ezio
- The speed, range, and (safety, dependent on matchup) make it worthwhile to save up meter for CE. It guarantees 90 damage, and is the only CE in the game with a Clean Hit A, meaning it gets at 25% damage increase a good portion of the time. Also the fact that it combos from a large amount of moves (usually CH) enforces its usefulness.

4. aPatroklos
- The only good things going for this move are: the speed (being the fastest move in the game) at i8, being able to combo/punish off anything that's +8 on block or hit for Alpha, or punishing moves considered "safe against the cast". With the already helpful aspect of doing one of the highest amounts of damage in game (meterless), having full meter stocked guarantees 50% life off 2 2A's. It becomes the best move in the game when game shifts to a chip off (2A into CE means GGs)

5. Mitsurugi
- Having one of the safest and highest damage for the smallest amount of work and execution possible, he gets free damage tacked on to his knockdown moves and gets to link a CE into another CE for huge damage, with wall-splat and Ring Out ability. For a move only doing 60 damage, it has an extreme amount of utility, which rounds out the list.

Gonna have to go with the GI ones.

1. Xiba
- Incredible damage when GI and still works without it. Gives your opponent an extra something to think about if you have your meter up.

2. Dampierre
- Good damage but incredible wiff on use. Same reason as above.

3. Nightmare
- Okay damage on GI but you're never hitting it if it isn't a GI.

4. aPatrokolos
- Fastest punish on the game.

Number 5 is a toss up between Omega/Hilde/Yoshimitsu/Siegfried/Tira/Ezio/Voldo/ but I'm given it to....

5. Patrokolos - Good damage, works with combos and will ring out.... and justice.

Omega because, fuck your frame advantage, I have invincibility.

(but genuinely, I think aPat has by far the best CE in the game)

1. aPat- i8 CE is insane, puinshing ALOT of moves what would be considered save against the rest of the cast, combos from 2A, creates alot of frames traps or simply the idea of his CE being frame trap could cause opponents to freeze up.

2. Algol- Full screen hitting, RO set up, combos with alot a attacks, using 2 meter = 180 damage combo from like a 1A or 66B.

3. Cervy- i10 CE similar situation to aPats CE in the puinshing aspect, RO range is good, combos from alot of stuff, frame traps easily, good whiff puinsher.

4. Viola- CE which feels completely different to everyone elses, allows 2 free mix ups either option leading into crazy combos and okizeme, allows for big combo if opponent trys to press buttons after certain attacks, also gives a unescapable set up for a unblockable to steal a round.

5. Hlide- best whiff puinsh in the game imo, great range, speed and damage. only real downside being that sometimes whiffs close up.

5.) Asta/Ivy CE grab.

-Sure, you can see this coming probably a mile away, but the majority of the time, it's gonna land. And if it lands, its going to hurt. Too bad its slow as fk though. Its number 5 for being a grab CE.

4.) Elysium CE

An anywhere CE that hurts if it lands. It has some serious combo potential if Elysium is using a Natsu style or Leixia.
Hilarious if JGed.

3.) Yoshi CE

I'm not fanboying here- you cant turn down a 110 damage CE that tech crouches as well as having good frames. It's one frame less than Yoshi's 3B so yeah, its a good punisher.

2.) aPat CE

why the hell is this so fast

1.) Hilde CE

This is the reason why I fear back or side stepping when I play against her.
No doubt that this CE is the best imo.

FOR OUR HOMELAND

They are in no particular order~

1. Elysium- It's great to use when your opponent is throwing out random attacks. Especially slow ones.

2. Pyrrha Omega- It's pretty fast and it does good damage and it's range can be surprising.

3. Algol- The damage is quite alarming and I'm always wary of it when I face good Algol players.

2. aPat- Why the HELL is it so fast??!

1. Dampierre- I usually use this CE when I KNOW it'll hit. It's damage is surprising.

Worst CEs
1. Viola- I don't really see a purpose in her CE unless it's for a quick win other than that her BEs are more useful.

2. Cervantes- The majority of people can see this CE coming a mile away.

3. Aeon- Do I really have to explain it?

4. Nightmare- I can see it coming a mile a way when I start seeing that little hop dance :/

Respectable CEs

Leixia- It's good for combos and pretty cute.

Xiba: It has GI properties so it comes in handy.

Ivy/Asta- It's pretty slow but it does pretty good damage on both sides. For Astaroth it creates high damage combo opportunities so that's a plus.

Hilde- It does great damage and has awesome range, too bad it can whiff if you're too close.

That's all I wanna type for now :0

Based on my personal opinion of CE that I love to see in action- so I may have to discount the top 5 and add a top ten Favourite List:

1 Elysium seriously has to be first.
2 Natsu...
3 Siegfried
4 Yoshimitsu
5 Leixia
7 Ezio
8 Devil Jin
9 Voldo
10 Tira

Is that Siegfried in 3rd for you like or you think is good? My comment will vary depending lol.

Like first- all that crazy ice- and good secondly because it has reach

I tend to have probs getting nightmare and voldo to do their CE... any tips?

Sieg's CE is quite bad, comparing to other CEs. If you want to use it raw, you are most likely going to whiff. If you use it in a combo, the damage wont be that much, it'd be better to save your meter for BEs. If you use it as a punishment, well your opponent must be playing very unsafely...
While is has range, pushback (if it hits normally) and cool damage, Sieg had better save his meter for his BEs to enhance his combos. Im actually glad it works that way, I prefer that. There are much better CEs that should be mentioned here.

I tend to have probs getting nightmare and voldo to do their CE... any tips?
I think it looks fine, but fuck it is slow..... I only really use it for clutch damage.

Back