Dampierre is a pre order exclusive. Info about collector's edition. EU release date

FluffyQuack

[14] Master
Namco just sent out this press release with a bunch of new info.
Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Enters the World of SOULCALIBUR on February 3rd 2012 in Europe
London, UK – 21 October 2011 – Leading video game publishers and developers NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe and Ubisoft® today announced that Ezio Auditore from the critically acclaimed Assassin’s Creed® series will be a playable guest character in SOULCALIBUR TM V for PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360®. This monumental collaboration will let players control Ezio and his wide range of assassination tools including a Roman Longsword, Stiletto, Crossbow, Hidden gun and his trademark Hidden blade.

SOULCALIBUR V delivers exhilarating 3D fighting mechanics, breathtaking visuals, and new characters alongside expanded online and character creation modes. In addition, Dampierre from SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny will be available as an exclusive pre-order bonus playable character, and a feature-packed Collector’s Edition is coming to retailers across Europe. SOULCALIBUR V is poised to become the preeminent fighting game experience on its release in Europe on February 3rd 2012.

“The entrance of Assassin’s Creed into the Soulcalibur universe is an historic meeting of two of the most revered and influential game series,” said Olivier Comte, Senior Vice President at NAMCO BANDAI Partners. “Ezio has captured the imaginations of millions of fans around the world, and it will be very exciting to see how his lightning fast moves stand up to the mighty swordplay of Soulcalibur’s finest.”

“We are thrilled to see Ezio enter the world of Soulcalibur, as we believe the values of both brands fit together” said Geoffroy Sardin, EMEA Chief Marketing and Sales Officer at Ubisoft. “We think that this partnership will bring a great new gameplay experience to both Soulcalibur and Assassin’s Creed fans”.

Packed in a specially designed ‘book’ box, the Collector’s Edition of SOULCALIBUR V will include a high quality art book, original soundtrack CD, the making-of DVD, a DLC card for the Black Knight and Paladin armor sets, plus original artwork and letter on reproduction parchment paper signed by the team at Project Soul. Fans who pre-order SOULCALIBUR V at participating retailers will exclusively receive Dampierre from SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny as a playable character on day one.

Developed by the legendary Project Soul team, SOULCALIBUR V picks up 17 years after the events of SOULCALIBURTM IV with new heroes and returning warriors clashing in an epic showdown between good and evil. The tale of Patroklos, son of Sophitia Alexandra, unfolds as his family’s destiny intertwines with the Soul swords. With the series’ revolutionary 8-way run, allowing for true 3D movement during matches, refined battle systems, and stunning graphics, SOULCALIBUR V will be the top game of 2012 for anyone looking for a knock-down, drag-out fight.

Only Europe?

Grr, hope not. But yay about Dampierre. Screw the haters, I wanna play as Dampierre.

Not hating. Just saying he looks like a Drunken Carnival Manager...

Good moveset, terrible design. I would rather take Kuma from Tekken more seriously than Dampierre.

Not hating. Just saying he looks like a Drunken Carnival Manager...

Good moveset, terrible design. I would rather take Kuma from Tekken more seriously than Dampierre.
They make the distinction that preordering gets him on the day of release. This implies that he'll be available to all down the line. Unless you don't plan on playing online or competitively it makes no sense to not get him.

They make the distinction that preordering gets him on the day of release. This implies that he'll be available to all down the line. Unless you don't plan on playing online or competitively it makes no sense to not get him.

I can play competitively without DLC characters. (Vader isn't even used in Tournaments that much.)
So the point is moot.

I can play just fine without him online also. Just need to watch a few of his Combo Videos and read his Soul Arena and I got my Anti-Clown Dampierre strategy down.

let players control Ezio and his wide range of assassination tools including a Roman Longsword, Stiletto, Crossbow, Hidden gun and his trademark Hidden blade.

Oh no. I don't like the sound of that.

The Dampierre addition puts me in a conundrum as to what version to buy. You'll probably be able to buy him eventually though. And seriously now, the Dampierre trailer was 400% better than the Ezio one. Right?

Seems to me there's still a cast member missing from BD.

The CAS dark knight and white knight armor pretty does not intrigue me as much as the the guy from SCBD.

And I hope ezio isn't the only Guest character to be added to SCV.

It doesn't look like there will be anyone else. If there was another guest character they would probably be on the cover with him.

ss_preview_2552SCV_packPS3_PEGI.png

Back