Dampierre Q&A / General Discussion

An error on the Dampierre Wiki:

Dampierre's CE (Cockaigne, the Land of Plenty) actually has a base damage of 90 post-patch, as supposed to the prior base being 80.

Question: Is the number of hits on :B+G: random? Managed to get 11 hits while mashing away, but I tend to do it instinctively while playing as LeBello so I'm not sure if it has any effect.

Question: Is the number of hits on :B+G: random? Managed to get 11 hits while mashing away, but I tend to do it instinctively while playing as LeBello so I'm not sure if it has any effect.

It's a mix; mashing always helps, but there's also a "random" element to the number of hits as well. Basically, always mash for B+G to get extra hits, and if you're lucky, you'll get the maximum 80 dmg.

Ok, well Dampierre is completely random, I have tested all possibilities, having both Damp's A+B at the second the round starts, rinse and repeat, I'm sorry but he is not affected by the timer at all. I have tested, tested all night, it's not really something one should even look into, if you're curious, just ask Daishi if you meet him at evo and ask him.

Then you should look into the RNG that generates Dampierre's moves and find out how it generates them.

It would be interesting to see how the coding was done, but frankly I'm not that too into it, it's something that is of interest to me but no that urgent and probably won't be, besides I have a ps3, I'm not going to hack the game lol.

One other thing I did during my testing phase was practice mode, using command capture, I made sure all 623B's and A+B's were standard hits, played back the cpu, and hey we have random elements, at least it's safe to say that there's a percentage value involved, but we will never find that true value ever unless we ask Daishi...

AZ

Actually, the random elements in the game are part of the motion mechanics, just use the SDK kit to debug you PS3 version of SCV and look for your self, this isn't "hacking" and involves nothing of the sort, you just install the software on your system and computer and debug the data wirelessly to your compute and the SNS with decompile everything for you, so at worst you have to look by task or use a spur or spurs module to examine every instant.

There are some major issues in your research of the random moves, which makes it somewhat invalid.
Because you are trying to check a command against the timer you need the actual timer, this is because of how the infinite timer works. The infinite timer starts at zero and continues until you quit "Practice", this includes resets (does not include anything within the pause menu). To truly understand how you’re approaching your research, it would be helpful to be shown some verifiable evidence and your specific methodology, so that your results can be reproduced indefinitely.

I hope I can put more input on how you should go about you research, but AZ you need to put more detail of what your actually doing.

What's invalid about a random move? What are you trying to prove?

I can vouch that even though Yoshi and Damp are completely different characters, they have some similarities.

Damp's A+B, B+K, 33B and 6236B.

Yoshi's 4A+K(IFP or Tekken moves), JF FC1K, JF 4A, and JF1A series.

All of these moves are all luck based. If you know better, how can you tell me how to get more lucky? I mean, is what I'm saying make sense or is my elaboration just terrible?

Because if even though Yoshi has nothing to do with this, my point is you have to be very lucky to even hope that whatever move you utilize, rewards you such as JF4A ability to relaunch for instance.

You can try to have a CPU fap and help your logic, but what we need isn't logic from say: JG a B+K that varies on luck. And IIRC, I saw a CPU and not you JGing it in your vid of your proof. What made me chuckle is: you must of had many tries just to get that Damp to B+K fast so you have a CPU JG it as some proof to post up here.

Isn't that common sense enough to tell you, that move is just luck written all over it? You just gotta risk it is what it means, comrade.

Isn't that common sense enough to tell you, that move is just luck written all over it? You just gotta risk it is what it means, comrade.

I don't necessarily agree with DOCTORSTUPID, but if there's any way to get the best outcomes more consistently, it should be looked into. Worst case is that there's no practical way to manipulate the RNG, assuming that there is one, and Dampierre's random moves are essentially all luck.

Really, stop posting. All this BS to prove how random something that was already known to be random is is completely worthless. You're wasting your time and that of everyone that hasn't already thrown you onto their ignore list. Stop it. Your alt account bullshit just makes your desperation more annoying. Stop it.

OK guys, I think enough is enough, let's calm down and move onwards I don't want this discussion to turn bitter. Whatever claims, you have for controlling Dampierre's randomness, we need visual proof and nothing else, if you I can't do it or no one else can, then it's best to leave it be and carry on, or just ask Daishi if you meet him at evo, tweet him if you can.

I really don't know what else to say, but let's keep the discussion clean and productive.

AZ

So patch 1.03 is out, apparently it's supposed to fix the glitch issues in the game.

Unfortunately both of Dampierre's major glitches (CE glitch and side throw break glitch) are still in the game, as well as his 6B BE whiffing issues on block.

Oh dear, looks like we gotta shout a little louder next time, I'll see if I can combine some sample footage, post to the glitch thread and also tweet Daishi.

I'll be updating the wiki at some point during this week bit by bit, if you are able to, you guys can have a look and chip in with any additions/ corrections to be made and I'll edit it accordingly.

AZ

Oh dear, looks like we gotta shout a little louder next time, I'll see if I can combine some sample footage, post to the glitch thread and also tweet Daishi.
I showed the side throw break glitch to Daishi when I met him back in December (it was also in the PSP version) so he knows about it, and I also tweeted him a video that I recorded of his CE fail glitch. I doubt anything will be done about it at this point since they haven't already.

Has anyone frozen a round completely in place until time over with Damp's CE?

I was playing a Damp player with Algol. I used 6BBB and the bubble came out, and then 4BA'd. He CE'd the A from 4BA but the bubble was right in front of him (but had not yet hit him) when the animation started. Instead of him going under me the game froze as if the bubble knocking him out of his CE broke the game. The time then continued to run while the rest of the game stopped in place. After the time ran out it was fine again.

@DOCTORSTUPID- Twitter is your best option man, spam him like hell and hope one of those tweets he reads...

@mkl, nope not yet, sounds buggy, very buggy indeed...

AZ

I'm totally grasping at straws here, but maybe that occurs any time a non-interruptible move is interrupted? It may be worth trying with others, like Xiba and Nightmare's post-GI CEs especially. Granted though, I've seen Nightmare's CE deflected enough times(like four) to think that may not work as well.

Have some videos of some oddities regarding Dampierre.

So is the CE not working in the Ivy match (2:29) a glitch or is it intentional?

Also, in the Pyrrha match I do a CE that clearly sends her flying backwards at 1:14 but the game acts like nothing happens and does the CE normally.

Back