Dampierre Video Thread

Eyce_Theon

[09] Warrior
Just getting this thread started, for if/when people want to upload some of their matches with Damp. I uploaded a match with a Dampierre CPU to have something to put here (lol I lost)

She techtrapped me with BE :(

Man, I wish we could find real people to play with. And possibly upload videos where we win.
me vs the boss of quick matches, Algol as played by the AI Olcaden!

Man, I wish we could find real people to play with. And possibly upload videos where we win.
me vs the boss of quick matches, Algol as played by the AI Olcaden!
Haha, I hate accidental WR A+Bs. It was so lame of them to put that input there.

I get plenty of WR A+B and A+B+K because I start mashing that too early/fucked up the 623 input. :(
I wouldn't mind WR A+B if, you know, it was faster or had some tracking at all. But it doesn't, and a blind midget with two wooden legs could step it in time.

Thanks for the vids!

You're using RemoteJoyLite to record the matches right? How'd you get the audio to work with it?

I'm gonna try to upload some fights as well once I get my PSP re-hacked (currently playing the game from a UMD).

Yep, I use RemoteJoyLite. In order to capture audio you need a standard male to male audio cable (3.5mm? whatever headphone jack size is) going from your PSP to your PC's audio in port. After that go to RJL's settings, and check Enable WAV Capture under the Capture tab.

(I also thought something was wrong when I first set this up because I was hearing an echo in the audio, but it turns out both RJL and Windows were playing it. I just muted Input Monitor in my PC's Volume Control to fix it)

To record I use CamStudio (it's free and easy to use) and it sees the PSP's audio as channel 3. CamStudio auto-detects the channel, so if it's different for your setup it wouldn't matter anyway.

I use the builtin record feature in RemoteJoy Lite, myself. I use xvid at 2800kbps (single pass, since I have NO idea how I could do a double pass with recording).
Another neat thing with RemoteJoy: You can use USB gamepads to play with. So if you have a stick with a USB end or converter, you can use that to play with. Seems to automatically turn off after a while, but I haven't messed around enough to figure out why.

How do you record using RJL itself? My copy of it didn't have a readme, and any search I've done on it just tells you to use hypercam or fraps.

The start/stop record button is F12. There is no documentation that I know of, I had to do some googling to figure that out. Just make sure you set the codec to something other than uncompressed, unless you need the best quality.
For recording quality, I use either xvid or huffyuv if I really need quality.

Today I took a bunch of boring recordings I had, clipped out the better parts, and put them to music. Enjoy.

And today I made a video explaining the details of 3A, the "Infinite Combo".

I'm starting to get a small following on Youtube, I wonder if any of them have signed up here yet...

I've been thinking of putting together a combo video for Dampierre, but pretty much every high-damaging combo he has ends with BE, 4B. Same thing for tech traps, as he's almost entirely based about 1K there.

So what do you guys think I should do? I could make a video showing combo variety with easier-to-perform moves, or make one that basically shows what moves can combo into BE, 4B or tech trap into 1K.

i guess you can make a combo video like most do when a game first comes out go from basic combos/techs to advanced ones.

Hi! Can somebody upload DP's move list for Me? He looks absolutely crazy, but I didn't play SC:BD yet.

Back